Let’s celebrate life.....

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Let’s celebrate life.....
Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:43 pm
  • Nothing judgmental here, how do you celebrate life?

What brings you joy, how do you spend your time when you have nothing in particular that needs to be done?

My favorite times are when I’m with my wife Rhonda and my daughter Hannah. Hannah is grown and a wonderful young woman, she’s recently married and working on her future. Rhonda and I still have to work and don’t get to spend as much together as I’d like. Obviously her story may differ.

I have plenty of time to myself, and one of my favorite times is, sitting on the porch with a good cigar and a great brew, always a little blues playing.

I know that life can throw us curveballs at any time but I’d like to encourage everyone to take a bit of time to celebrate life.
    Just take a moment to do something you enjoy. You deserve it no matter what circumstances you find yourself in.

Sure things may be tough right now, maybe times are great, either way you need to celebrate what is good in your life. Take a minute to look around, I know without a doubt there’s something worth reflecting on.

Simple or extravagant, share what you do to celebrate life, you never know who might need to hear your side of things.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Re: Let’s celebrate life.....
Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:10 pm
  • Please,let me clarify

So this afternoon I’m sitting on my porch, drinking a beer and smoking a cigar.

I’ve got some shit that’s bothering me. Then it hits me, the shit ain’t that bad, and I’ve got so much to be thankful for.

I actually should be happy that things aren’t worse, I truly should be celebrating my life.

I’m heathy, as are my loved ones.
    I have a roof over my head, food to eat.

I have “wants” but I’m in “need” of nothing.

I’m not bitching, I’m not bragging.

I simply want to encourage others to look at the positives no matter how hard they may be to see.

Hell, I’ve had days that my car actually started and that was the brightest part of my day. What that taught me was, focusing on the positive got me much further ahead than worrying about bad stuff.

When I learned to celebrate the good in my life (no matter how small it seemed to others) I learned that my life was worth celebrating.
    When that happened, miraculously I started to enjoy life in general.

Come on gang, let’s celebrate life.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:18 pm
  • Good stuff Lon.

My motto has always been "It can always be worse." And it's always proven to be true. I have my problems like everyone else but I thank God every day for my life and the blessings I do have. Tremendous friends and family, my health, and the health of my family and friends (for the most part). I've learned as I've grown older to cherish every day and be grateful for what you do have.

I too enjoy a nice Padron cigar, wine, flying my model aircraft, hiking in the wonderful trails we have by my house with my dog (and sometimes daughter if I can talk her into it). Love a good movie or Netflix series, music, reading and of course the Seahawks.

I'm nowhere near rich, likely never will be and I am perfectly okay with that. I have made my peace with the fact that the pursuit of material things doesn't really matter. What matters is the love in your heart and sharing that love as much as possible before your time is up. Because I have no doubt in my mind, body and Soul that when my time IS up, the moments in my life that will matter most are the moments I spent laughing, living and loving.

And if my time comes a bit sooner than I would like because I enjoy my wine, steak, cigars from time-to-time...

So-be-it. :2thumbs:
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:01 pm
  • With every morning awakening, I celebrate another life extension. It's always a bonus moment.

I'm excited about the next "once in a lifetime opportunity". With someone I've never met before. A meal I've never tasted before. An insight or perspective I've never encountered before. This world is so big none of us can reach out and touch and smell and hear and taste and see it all. So sharing the joys of what we have encountered is what unites and enriches all of us as a family.

So enjoy and treasure this day ......... because there will be no refunds.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:37 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information