Anyone Watching History Channel's Project Blue Book Series?

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • I cling to any show that highlights the UFO phenomenon but I always have to check my expectations for authenticity and accuracy at the door. History has a new series LOOSELY based on the career of Dr. J Allen Hynek and his relationship with the Air Force to debunk all the claims of alien visitation. The true story is very compelling and I do appreciate the nod to real case studies and events that did occur, but it ends there.

It's typical Hollywood over-dramatized melodrama but it's still fun to watch. I give it 3 out of 5 Alien Heads for entertainment value with a tip O' the cap to actual case files that are still unexplained to this day.

:smilingalien: :smilingalien: :smilingalien:
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• its not bad. Littlefinger plays a decent scientist. I agree 3 out of 5 alien heads sounds about right
    bevellisthedevil
    NET Veteran

• Funny how they make Hynek out to be this brooding, smart ass, almost arrogant scientist like he knows more about anything than anyone else in the room. Not that I knew the real Dr. Hynek of course but I have to laugh thinking about what the real Hynek would think watching this caricature of him. From what I have read and seen on film, the real Hynek was much more subdued and scientific. I get that that doesn't translate to sexy television and all of that but I still find it funny.

They are definitely going for the X File vibe with Hynek's character - although the more scientific - being more open minded while Malarkey playing the stiff, unbelieving Air Force debunker to his counterpart. They make that odd couple the producers hope will give them similar viewership success that the Scully and Mulder dichotomy brought. Fat chance.

Still, that's not to say it's not a fun series to watch. It actually is. Beyond my gripes, it's growing on me with each episode. Hell, it may have the potential of having the best shot of being the finest UFO-related series in years.

Not that that is a high mark to reach, but, it is what it is. :greetingsearthling:
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Watch the post show portions that show photos and the basis for the episode as well.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• chris98251 wrote:Watch the post show portions that show photos and the basis for the episode as well.

Yeah a nice touch and nod to the "reality" aspect they are taking such huge liberties to portray.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:19 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information