Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Jeopardy!

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Jeopardy!
Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:46 pm
  • Two nights in a row, I got the Final Jeopardy question right that stumped all the contestants. I've done it before, but never two nights in a row. I'm feeling pretty good!

Last night's was:

World Literature

In a recent poll of 125 authors, this long 1870s novel about a woman ranked as the greatest work of fiction of all time.

Tonight's was:

Oscar Hyphenates:

This actor has never been nominated for acting--he won, though, as a writer for 1997 & as a producer for 2012.
    RIP Paul Allen, 1953-2018

The greatest owner in Seattle sports history.

189-152-1
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Re: Jeopardy!
Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:34 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:Two nights in a row, I got the Final Jeopardy question right that stumped all the contestants. I've done it before, but never two nights in a row. I'm feeling pretty good!

Last night's was:

World Literature

In a recent poll of 125 authors, this long 1870s novel about a woman ranked as the greatest work of fiction of all time.

Tonight's was:

Oscar Hyphenates:

This actor has never been nominated for acting--he won, though, as a writer for 1997 & as a producer for 2012.

Usually it’s the sports questions that stump those jeopardy people.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:46 am
  • Reminds me of a time I watched the Weakest Link back in the day and I knew the answer to every single question in one particular episode. WAY easier questions, but it still felt cool to know literally every answer.
    LargentFan
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:59 am
  • I was chosen as a contestant in the Australian version of The Weakest Link in 2001. I often knew the vast majority of the questions, but I bombed out in the first round in the episode I appeared on. Definitely harder in that studio than just watching the show (not that you are saying otherwise). When I walked up to that podium, it was incredibly surreal. to say the least. My first question (correct answer) was a cinch, the second one was wrong (and better nerves may have helped me guess it correctly), but the third question I had utterly no idea of the answer.

At least I was not unanimously voted The Weakest Link, but I was very disappointed in myself. I did manage to pay out a couple of contestants who voted for me, though, in the post-round "interview." When I got back to the green room, and was ushered out of the TV station's premises, the production staff went to great lengths to tell me to be very proud I had qualified as a contestant, regardless.

At least I got a free return flight to Melbourne, accommodation and meals!

These days, I love the British quiz show Pointless but the Australian version isn't very good, IMO.
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:15 pm
  • When I was a kid, I watched Jeopardy a LOT. Art Fleming is still in my memory bank as a Host. At one point in time, I answered about 80% of the questions as they were subjects that I was interested in. History, TV, Biology, Literature..etc...and I was good...but alas. They had no child things going on and I could not make it there anyway. We Wus Poor. It was interesting tho at the time that I knew that much. And I was a Reader...a LOT.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:42 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information