Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Quality Wireless Sound Setups For Runners

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Quality Wireless Sound Setups For Runners
Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:38 am
  • I am looking for a really nice wireless headset for when I go on my runs. I am done with the wired ear buds that constantly pop out when I get sweaty. Also, my iPod Nano went teets up recently so I am looking for a whole new sound setup for my runs.

I am willing to spend between $100-$200 for a nice wireless headset. The primary qualities I am looking for is a solid fit, STAY in my ears no matter how much sweating or bouncing (I run trails a lot) around AND a good sound quality with nice bass end.

I know you can use BlueTooth but I don't want to run with my iPhone 7 Plus. It's too heavy and bulky. Any suggestions for what to pair to the wireless I do end up going with? Much appreciated for any information you can offer!

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Aros wrote:I am looking for a really nice wireless headset for when I go on my runs. I am done with the wired ear buds that constantly pop out when I get sweaty. Also, my iPod Nano went teets up recently so I am looking for a whole new sound setup for my runs.

I am willing to spend between $100-$200 for a nice wireless headset. The primary qualities I am looking for is a solid fit, STAY in my ears no matter how much sweating or bouncing (I run trails a lot) around AND a good sound quality with nice bass end.

I know you can use BlueTooth but I don't want to run with my iPhone 7 Plus. It's too heavy and bulky. Any suggestions for what to pair to the wireless I do end up going with? Much appreciated for any information you can offer!

My girlfriend has the Beats By Dre version. She runs 50 miles a week in them.
    She's run for 4-1/2 hours with them on. She loves them.
    Sent from my Motorola Razor Flip Phone
    ZorntoLargent
    NET Veteran

• Great, I will check those out, thanks!

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Need more info. Are you looking to go with active noise cancellation? Unless you are, then jogging/breathing hard/being out where there's always ambient sound, sound quality is not going to matter much past the extreme low end.

Personally, I'm not a fan of Beats due to the excessive bass; it's not just a little extra, it's a LOT extra, and if you try to fix it via equalizer, it tends to mess up other parts of the sound a bit. I'm currently using these while cycling, the only downside is the short range. The Bose version is $300, but these are my current ones: https://www.amazon.com/Linner-Cancellin ... B07D125PPK

I will say this, though: Bose has the absolute best "stay in your ear" fin design out of anybody. I've tried and returned a LOT of earbuds over the past half-decade. The reason I didn't buy the Bose QuietControl 30 Wireless Headphones was that people who exercise said the cables are too short and if you have to look around, they tend to pull out - how such a flaw could have made it out of the Bose labs, I don't know; but until they release an updated version that addresses this, I'm not dropping three bills on audio that won't stay in my ear since I have to keep my head on a swivel while cycling.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:31 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information