Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

PUBG Mobile......

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
PUBG Mobile......
Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:20 pm
  • Holy Crap, I hate video games, and PUBG is a perfect example why.

Really, I don’t play many games, and I don’t own a game machine.

But.......

A bunch of the Fire Fighters at my station play PUBG, and they talked me into loading it up on my tablet.

End of story, I’m hooked.
    Hopefully it wears off fast, I’m wasting too much time.

Any of y’all play PUBG mobile?
    ITS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN !
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Re: PUBG Mobile......
Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:53 pm
  • Nope, but I got pretty addicted to the real thing (PC version) for a good half-year or so. Got ranked pretty highly, too; it's a lot of fun.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:21 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Nope, but I got pretty addicted to the real thing (PC version) for a good half-year or so. Got ranked pretty highly, too; it's a lot of fun.

I have amazing instincts.

You are the reason I called my thing a “tablet”.

Funny huh?
    :{)
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:06 pm
  • Lol, you old troll.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:31 am
  • Mobile?

Blows my mind that people can play games like this on a cell phone...
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:44 pm
  • I play PUBG on Xbox and am hooked.
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:48 am
  • [Rant]

It's crazy to me that PUBG Mobile has improved so much in such little time and PUBG PC/Xbox has barely made any improvement to the core mechanics of the game. Complete failure to improve their networking and general graphical optimizations (rendering, weapon pop-in, frame rate) as well as failing to deliver any quality content. New maps don't get me excited when the gameplay is still plagued by year+ old bugs, terrible server performance and deteriorating frame rates.

PUBG Mobile has been impressive since it launched. I know it's not being developed by PUBG Corp./Bluehole (which is why it isn't a half year old pile of white crap), but Mobile has had better game modes (wow there's actually a firing range so players can practice with different weapons outside of a game, PC players have only been asking for that since the game was created), better performance and more QOL improvements than PC/Xbox will probably ever see at this point.

PUBG PC/Xbox will die a slow death over the next year until other BR games/modes have had time to iron out the kinks and offer better, more skill based and consistent gameplay. Oh yeah, and there's Fortnite. Heard that game's doing pretty well.

[/Rant]
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:45 am
  • Fortnite sucks :D
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:49 am
  • 2_0_6 wrote:Fortnite sucks :D

Dilly Dilly! :irishdrinkers:
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:30 pm
  • Performance improved remarkably between the tail end of beta and the first month or two of full release, and it's still fine. Stop whining,
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:01 pm
  • I think it’s great that you can change settings to match/meet the performance of the particular device you are using.

I have the latest “tablet” and an “x” so I have zero issues but a couple of the guys I know are using much older devices. They just change settings and have almost flawless, very smooth gameplay.

I have no clue how it is on PC or console but it’s an awesome game for a mobile device.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:11 pm
  • 2_0_6 wrote:Fortnite sucks :D

And PUBG is only slightly better.

But dont mind me I pretty much hate video games these days. I dont know what happened to me.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:14 pm
  • pmedic920 wrote:I think it’s great that you can change settings to match/meet the performance of the particular device you are using.

I have the latest “tablet” and an “x” so I have zero issues but a couple of the guys I know are using much older devices. They just change settings and have almost flawless, very smooth gameplay.

I have no clue how it is on PC or console but it’s an awesome game for a mobile device.

On PC, you can also change settings to suit your performance needs. Maybe you should invest in a PC. If you take all the money you were going to spend on an airplane and build a PC, you could have a pretty kickass machine that might even be able to run Crisis 3 @ 60fps on 1080p
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:20 pm
  • fenderbender123 wrote:
    pmedic920 wrote:I think it’s great that you can change settings to match/meet the performance of the particular device you are using.

On PC, you can also change settings to suit your performance needs. Maybe you should invest in a PC. If you take all the money you were going to spend on an airplane and build a PC, you could have a pretty kickass machine that might even be able to run Crisis 3 @ 60fps on 1080p

I’m not a “gamer”, and I have a couple of computers that meet my needs. If either of those things change, I’ll look into something with more power.

Don’t mess with my airplane dreams.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:26 pm
  • I have 0 control over your airplane dreams

:irishdrinkers:
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:27 pm
  • fenderbender123 wrote:I have 0 control over your airplane dreams

:irishdrinkers:

Ain’t it great, thanks for the reminder.

:{)
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:39 pm
  • pmedic920 wrote:I’m not a “gamer”, and I have a couple of computers that meet my needs. If either of those things change, I’ll look into something with more power.

I can help you spec out the best bang for your buck for a gaming computer if you decide you want to check out what's arrogantly and accurately referred to as "PC Master Race"; moving to the ultimate gaming platform. :)
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:49 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    pmedic920 wrote:I’m not a “gamer”, and I have a couple of computers that meet my needs. If either of those things change, I’ll look into something with more power.

I can help you spec out the best bang for your buck for a gaming computer if you decide you want to check out what's arrogantly and accurately referred to as "PC Master Race"; moving to the ultimate gaming platform. :)

You’ll be the first guy I “hit up”if I ever head that direction.
    Thanks
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:05 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Performance improved remarkably between the tail end of beta and the first month or two of full release, and it's still fine. Stop whining,

Which was back in January? I definitely enjoyed the performance boost then, but it's gotten worse since "full release."

Take a look on reddit, steam forums, etc. Tons of people have had deteriorating performance and it was so bad that PUBG Corp. had to address it with the community... of which pretty much nothing has happened to improve this problem months later. It's not just whining. It's being fed up with a product/company that have sat on their laurels since hitting the jackpot and doing virtually nothing to improve the gaming experience.

Or are you one of the folks that was dying for more skins and shitty tournaments?
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:44 pm
  • I don't care about the skins or tournaments. A minor drop in performance puts it nothing close to where it was throughout beta. Just sayin'.

I'm not defending Bluehole, I think they need to up their game; metaphorically and literally. I also enjoy giving you $hit. ;)
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:50 pm
  • I downloaded it, played it once. Picked up an Uzi or a Mack 10 or Draco or something like that, and then hid in a shack for a couple minutes till this chick came snooping. Sprayed her in her face, took all her gear, and then stole a motorcycle and drove around till time ran out. Got like 25th or something. Never played it again. Pretty fun though.
    Image Always been a Seahawks fan
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:04 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information