Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Disney Fired James Gunn.

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Disney Fired James Gunn.
Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:13 pm

Re: Marvel Fired James Gunn.
Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:24 pm
  • I wonder how much work on the script was already done.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:13 pm
  • Absolutely ridiculous.

I don't care what your politics are, you shouldn't be losing your job for something you tweeted a decade ago when you were probably wasted.

Society is spiraling out of control at this point.
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran

Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:47 pm
  • The_Z_Man wrote:Society is spiraling out of control at this point.

I think it's lame that he got fired, but come on...this statement is a tad hyperbolic...
    LargentFan
    NET Veteran

Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:57 pm
  • People say and do dumb stuff when they are drunk, but some of his Tweets were disturbing. He doesn't need to be around children.
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:10 pm
  • The_Z_Man wrote:Absolutely ridiculous.

I don't care what your politics are, you shouldn't be losing your job for something you tweeted a decade ago when you were probably wasted.

Society is spiraling out of control at this point.

Don't agree with the continual outrage mob mentality we have in society now where anything can be instantly spun into a frenzy that destroys people's lives and careers.

But to say "something you tweeted when you were probably wasted" shows you haven't seen the deluge of really terrible, awful things he spewed over a considerable amount of time glorifying and making light of pedophilia. Shows a pretty sick individual.
    "The ultimate number is W's, and that’s what matters in Santa Clara. As such, Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does." - Paul Gutierrez
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:03 am
  • 2_0_6 wrote:People say and do dumb stuff when they are drunk, but some of his Tweets were disturbing. He doesn't need to be around children.

Some of the tweets are clearly "jokes" even if really bad ones. There are some, however, that don't really suggest "joke" to me. Definitely some messed up stuff in those tweets.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:11 am
  • 2_0_6 wrote:People say and do dumb stuff when they are drunk, but some of his Tweets were disturbing. He doesn't need to be around children.

How is writing screenplays and directing movies being "around children."

I'm all for Disney saying AFTER they hired Gunn and entrusted him with a billion dollar grossing franchise "hey watch yourself, you need to protect our brand now."

Which he has post Guardians, but to fire him for something he said when he was writing for video games back in 2010? That's utterly ridiculous........especially after it was because some social media troll uncovered the tweets.

Gunn IS Guardians of the Galaxy, he wrote the screenplays and directed. So I hope #3 is awful and implodes the entire franchise.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:12 pm
  • But the academy stood and applauded Polanski.
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:54 pm
  • I may not buy a bunch of Marvel films on Black Friday like I normally do every year due to this. They can kiss my ass.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:56 pm
  • In fact, one tiny way we can all protest this is to see GotG 3 (and other Marvel films, for that matter) late in its run. The studios make virtually all of the money from ticket sales in the opening weekend, and then each consecutive week, the theaters themselves get a higher percentage of the take.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:12 pm
  • Nobody's protesting Guardians of The Galaxy over this hahaha.
    Image Always been a Seahawks fan
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:18 am
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:Nobody's protesting Guardians of The Galaxy over this hahaha.

Well, Thanos did kill most of the cast.

Maybe the writers are realizing that they have no idea how to undo the finger-snap, so they're just cancelling all the future movies containing the dead characters and going back to the Iron Man and Captain America franchises.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:24 am
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:Nobody's protesting Guardians of The Galaxy over this hahaha.

I'm very clearly not saying don't see it. I'm certainly going to. I'm saying see it a few weeks after it comes out, as it's less $ for the studio.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:06 pm
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:

Maybe the writers are realizing that they have no idea how to undo the finger-snap, so they're just cancelling all the future movies containing the dead characters and going back to the Iron Man and Captain America franchises.

Spoiler alert! They use the gauntlet to bring everyone back, just like in the comics... :roll:
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:51 pm
  • OkieHawk wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:

Spoiler alert! They use the gauntlet to bring everyone back, just like in the comics... :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:13 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    2_0_6 wrote:People say and do dumb stuff when they are drunk, but some of his Tweets were disturbing. He doesn't need to be around children.

I'm all for Disney saying AFTER they hired Gunn and entrusted him with a billion dollar grossing franchise "hey watch yourself, you need to protect our brand now."

Which he has post Guardians, but to fire him for something he said when he was writing for video games back in 2010? That's utterly ridiculous........especially after it was because some social media troll uncovered the tweets.

Gunn IS Guardians of the Galaxy, he wrote the screenplays and directed. So I hope #3 is awful and implodes the entire franchise.

Did you read the tweets?
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:15 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    2_0_6 wrote:People say and do dumb stuff when they are drunk, but some of his Tweets were disturbing. He doesn't need to be around children.

Did you read the tweets?

Yes, and 90% is no different than any of the stuff we as dudes joke about with our buddies, or even here in the shack.

How'd you like your employer getting copies of what you post in the shack Si? Would that be fair for you to lose your job over something gross or raunchy you posted in the shack 8 years ago?
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:27 am
  • I really think Disney was put in a rough spot on this one. The majority of the inappropriate stuff, whether they're jokes or not, was about little boys. I think they felt it's better to just remove him, rather than asking him to remove the old tweets and brush it under the rug, in case the dude is actually a pedo.

Look at all the sexual misconduct allegations over the past couple years. Can you imagine a director who's employed by Marvel/Disney diddling kids? Can you imagine a Disney director diddling kids and having a history of publicly posting "jokes" about being a pedo? Disney would have so much egg on their face, you'd think they got into the poultry farming business.

Today if you're in a high-visibility, high-powered job you gotta think about some of this type of stuff. Under the assumption that these tweets were still on his profile and not deleted (because I have yet to read an article that addresses this), he could have paid an assistant to go back through his history and delete inappropriate stuff or done it himself. One way of looking at it is that he had 10 years to remove that stuff from one of his public profiles and he failed to do so. It's crazy to think this type of stuff can have so much blowback, but it's kind of the age we're living in now.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:39 am
  • JGfromtheNW wrote:I really think Disney was put in a rough spot on this one. The majority of the inappropriate stuff, whether they're jokes or not, was about little boys. I think they felt it's better to just remove him, rather than asking him to remove the old tweets and brush it under the rug, in case the dude is actually a pedo.

Look at all the sexual misconduct allegations over the past couple years. Can you imagine a director who's employed by Marvel/Disney diddling kids? Can you imagine a Disney director diddling kids and having a history of publicly posting "jokes" about being a pedo? Disney would have so much egg on their face, you'd think they got into the poultry farming business.

Today if you're in a high-visibility, high-powered job you gotta think about some of this type of stuff. Under the assumption that these tweets were still on his profile and not deleted (because I have yet to read an article that addresses this), he could have paid an assistant to go back through his history and delete inappropriate stuff or done it himself. One way of looking at it is that he had 10 years to remove that stuff from one of his public profiles and he failed to do so. It's crazy to think this type of stuff can have so much blowback, but it's kind of the age we're living in now.

I think this hits it on the head. His jokes were just "bad jokes," they were pedo jokes. There are two types of jokes I have never found funny, domestic violence jokes and pedo jokes. Those just aren't joke material. And, frankly, I'd be really suspicious of anybody making jokes like that. There's a non-zero percent chance he's a pedo.

You can be a racist person, you can be a bully, and if all of that was 10 years ago, I think there is at least the benefit of the doubt that you've changed over that time. You don't become a "reformed" pedo.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:57 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

Did you read the tweets?

Yes, and 90% is no different than any of the stuff we as dudes joke about with our buddies, or even here in the shack.

How'd you like your employer getting copies of what you post in the shack Si? Would that be fair for you to lose your job over something gross or raunchy you posted in the shack 8 years ago?

Um no myself or my buddies have never talked about getting hard ons for toddlers, raping women, or touching little boys.
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:59 am
  • JGfromtheNW wrote:
    Today if you're in a high-visibility, high-powered job you gotta think about some of this type of stuff..

.....and at the time of the Tweets Gunn had none of this. He was just a lowly video game writer trying to make ends meat.

I get that the context of the Tweets left Disney in a tough spot. But I'd like to live in a world where we're not constantly scared to death of the vocal justice warrior police minority carrying pitchforks around demanding people's heads for transgressions in their past.

The Tweets were dumb, really dumb. But IMO they don't warrant destroying a man's career. He TWEETED about it, and we're treating this like he actually did it.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:05 am
  • Completely agree, Sgt. Largent. Messed up world we live in where someone can dig something like this up and cause someone to lose their job. I don't agree with it, but I understand it from Disney's perspective.

I'd be shocked if this derailed Gunn's career. He won't be working for Disney, but someone will give him quality opportunities to continuing making movies, I'm sure of it.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:45 am
  • Who cares what job he had at the time, how much his net worth was, or what his celebrity status was. What he tweeted out was not normal everyday stuff and some is very disturbing.

Im not seeing how the "he wasn't popular at the time" excuse applies here.
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:09 pm
  • Be curious who dug this stuff up, was it from someone at Comcast who last the Fox bid and had information and leaked it ? The Guardian Franchise I thought was part of the Fox purchase by Disney.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:28 pm
  • Pehawk would've been fired by Disney like 20 times :stirthepot:
    He does sound like a pedophile but is he really or are they just really bad jokes
    Hmmm, not sure
    The shack used to be FULL of crap like that so take it with a grain of salt
    My god this country is a little to PC for me sometimes , not even pertaining to this , just in general
    Everybody gets offended way too easily
    Cant wait for football
    What are you
    I'm a mog , half man , half dog
    I'm my own best friend
    hawxfreak
    NET Starter

Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:54 am
  • chris98251 wrote:Be curious who dug this stuff up, was it from someone at Comcast who last the Fox bid and had information and leaked it ? The Guardian Franchise I thought was part of the Fox purchase by Disney.

An alt right troll.

https://www.inverse.com/article/47279-g ... ile-tweets
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:31 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Be curious who dug this stuff up, was it from someone at Comcast who last the Fox bid and had information and leaked it ? The Guardian Franchise I thought was part of the Fox purchase by Disney.

An alt right troll.

They tried to pull the same thing with Dan Harmon on a show of his from ~10 years ago, creator of Community and Rick and Morty. Seems like Adult Swim already knew and /or didn't care. They're targeting celebrities who are outspoken of Trump.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:10 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Be curious who dug this stuff up, was it from someone at Comcast who last the Fox bid and had information and leaked it ? The Guardian Franchise I thought was part of the Fox purchase by Disney.

An alt right troll.

Sad from what that said he had deleted many and they dug and found a way to recover them just so they could smear him.

Why I don't do social anything anymore with the exception of a few forums such as this which gives some protection of your personal identity and all. Only those I consider friends or trust do I let past the firewall.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:32 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

An alt right troll.

Sad from what that said he had deleted many and they dug and found a way to recover them just so they could smear him.

Why I don't do social anything anymore with the exception of a few forums such as this which gives some protection of your personal identity and all. Only those I consider friends or trust do I let past the firewall.

I don't blame you, and I've had these conversations with my kids. I told them it's open season on your entire past no matter how old it is, so don't ever post anything controversial or even the slightest offensive, cause now it can be held against you forever apparently.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:12 am
  • The crap this guy spewed forth isn't funny. EVER. Who the hell jokes about that shit? He got off easy.
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:28 am
  • WmHBonney wrote:The crap this guy spewed forth isn't funny. EVER. Who the hell jokes about that shit? He got off easy.

Yup my thoughts exactly. Regardless of how old the posts are, who he voted for, or what his favorite beer is, these posts were sickening.
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:46 pm
  • 2_0_6 wrote:
    WmHBonney wrote:The crap this guy spewed forth isn't funny. EVER. Who the hell jokes about that shit? He got off easy.

Yup my thoughts exactly. Regardless of how old the posts are, who he voted for, or what his favorite beer is, these posts were sickening.

So nobody's allowed to joke about anything that is seriously bad? Ok.

I hate that mindset. It's intellectually dishonest. What else do you boys get offended over?
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:05 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    2_0_6 wrote:
    WmHBonney wrote:The crap this guy spewed forth isn't funny. EVER. Who the hell jokes about that shit? He got off easy.

So nobody's allowed to joke about anything that is seriously bad? Ok.

I hate that mindset. It's intellectually dishonest. What else do you boys get offended over?

Nope, cant remember the last time I joked about or laughed at someone else's "joke" who talked about pedophilia. I work at the shipyards and have been around laborers most of my life so I have thicker skin than most, but this shit simply yields zero comedy.

Intellectually dishonest to not accept this type of shit as being funny? Interesting.

2_0_6
    NET Veteran

Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:31 pm
  • 2_0_6 wrote:Nope, cant remember the last time I joked about or laughed at someone else's "joke" who talked about pedophilia. I work at the shipyards and have been around laborers most of my life so I have thicker skin than most, but this shit simply yields zero comedy.

Intellectually dishonest to not accept this type of shit as being funny? Interesting.

If you work at the docks near the longshoremen...lol - well, I've got all kinds of things to say. Not sure if that's the kind of shipyard you're referring to or not, but I digress.

Not laughing at a pedophilia joke is one thing. Agreeing that someone should be fired for making one is something else. If you work in a shipyard, I can pretty much guarantee almost every damn person around you has made numerous off-colored EXTREMELY politically incorrect jokes over the years. I guess you think they should all be laid off, eh? That would be intellectual honesty if you did think that...but, I'm sure you don't. I'm also skeptical that you've never felt an emotion other than "sickened" (or a close synonym of it) in your entire life at a pedo joke, but it's not like I can actually prove otherwise.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:35 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    2_0_6 wrote:Nope, cant remember the last time I joked about or laughed at someone else's "joke" who talked about pedophilia. I work at the shipyards and have been around laborers most of my life so I have thicker skin than most, but this shit simply yields zero comedy.

If you work at the docks near the longshoremen...lol - well, I've got all kinds of things to say. Not sure if that's the kind of shipyard you're referring to or not, but I digress.

Not laughing at a pedophilia joke is one thing. Agreeing that someone should be fired for making one is something else. If you work in a shipyard, I can pretty much guarantee almost every damn person around you has made numerous off-colored EXTREMELY politically incorrect jokes over the years. I guess you think they should all be laid off, eh? That would be intellectual honesty if you did think that...but, I'm sure you don't.

I'm not arguing Gunn should've lost his job, I don't think he should've, but you're talking about a false equivalency, lots of people want James Gunn's job, not a lot want the longshoremen's.
    0118 999 881 999 119 725 3
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:42 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:not a lot want the longshoremen's.

LOL. This is pure ignorance. Longshoreman jobs are actually fiercely fought for. There are not many jobs where you can make six figures with overtime while only having a high school diploma.

One of my dad's best friends is a longshoreman. You know what one of his perks is? When there are too many cruise ships in Seattle and one of them has to dock and get power from one of their terminals, he gets to go in on a Saturday or Sunday, hook up power, and go home - he's home an hour after he left, and for that he gets a full day's pay at triple overtime.

You want to know how far those guys will go to protect their jobs? Here; my dad's friend was also part of the mob that held security guards hostage at the Longview port and dumping grain rail cars, etc. because the WRONG union in their opinion was doing some of the work there: http://www.columbian.com/news/2011/sep/ ... damage-rr/
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:51 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    2_0_6 wrote:Nope, cant remember the last time I joked about or laughed at someone else's "joke" who talked about pedophilia. I work at the shipyards and have been around laborers most of my life so I have thicker skin than most, but this shit simply yields zero comedy.

Not laughing at a pedophilia joke is one thing. Agreeing that someone should be fired for making one is something else. If you work in a shipyard, I can pretty much guarantee almost every damn person around you has made numerous off-colored EXTREMELY politically incorrect jokes over the years. I guess you think they should all be laid off, eh? That would be intellectual honesty if you did think that...but, I'm sure you don't. I'm also skeptical that you've never felt an emotion other than "sickened" (or a close synonym of it) in your entire life at a pedo joke, but it's not like I can actually prove otherwise.

Where did I say that I am offended by Non PC jokes, and that people should be laid off for saying them?

Keep assuming that you know me an my personality, its pretty comical actually. I have heard, told, and laughed at many, but at the same time there are subjects that have unwritten rules that we know not to talk about. I can almost guarantee that if someone told Pedo jokes around most of the guys I work with, especially the ones with young kids then good luck to that individual. They would need it.
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:55 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:not a lot want the longshoremen's.

LOL. This is pure ignorance. Longshoreman jobs are actually fiercely fought for. There are not many jobs where you can make six figures with overtime while only having a high school diploma.

We can agree on this :irishdrinkers:

While I do have a diploma, making $40, $50 or $60, or $70+ an hour on weekends helping out cruise ship passengers and getting tips for doing it isn't a bad gig.

An extra $1200 in two days after taxes isn't a bad thing.

The real dough is with the crane operators. $250 per hour, work 4 hours get aid for 8 is a great gig. Like one giant video game
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:00 pm
  • 2_0_6 wrote:Where did I say that I am offended by Non PC jokes, and that people should be laid off for saying them?

Keep assuming that you know me an my personality, its pretty comical actually. I have heard, told, and laughed at many, but at the same time there are subjects that have unwritten rules that we know not to talk about. I can almost guarantee that if someone told Pedo jokes around most of the guys I work with, especially the ones with young kids then good luck to that individual. They would need it.

Because I am literate, I was able to read that you quoted WmHBonney, and he said that Gunn got off easy. So, Bonney obviously thinks being fired was a light punishment at a minimum and therefore agrees with it. You quoted him and said they were your thoughts exactly.

I wasn't making any assumptions about you; I was going off of exactly what you said. If you said you agreed with something which you actually don't, that's not my fault. :)
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:06 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    2_0_6 wrote:Where did I say that I am offended by Non PC jokes, and that people should be laid off for saying them?

Because I am literate, I was able to read that you quoted WmHBonney, and he said that Gunn got off easy. So, Bonney obviously thinks being fired was a light punishment at a minimum and therefore agrees with it. You quoted him and said they were your thoughts exactly.

I wasn't making any assumptions about you; I was going off of exactly what you said. If you said you agreed with something which you actually don't, that's not my fault. :)

I do agree with his firing, there is no question about that. Explain to me where I never said I didn't. For the record did get off easy, he needs counseling, that shit isn't healthy.
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:14 pm
  • Don't worry bro, Roland knows what you think and how you feel before you even say it and despite what you do say. Also, whatever you're talking about, Roland knows more about it than you do. These are just universal .NET truths.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:24 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:Don't worry bro, Roland knows what you think and how you feel before you even say it and despite what you do say. Also, whatever you're talking about, Roland knows more about it than you do. These are just universal .NET truths.

Makes sense :irishdrinkers:
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:27 pm
  • 2_0_6 wrote:I do agree with his firing, there is no question about that. Explain to me where I never said I didn't. For the record did get off easy, he needs counseling, that shit isn't healthy.

Um. You literally just said (well, you used a double negative, but I'm assuming you didn't mean to) that you agreed on his firing, yet you're also saying you apparently don't think people should be laid off for non-PC jokes? Are you considering the pedo jokes to not be part of a general non-PC joke category? You're contradicting yourself.

2_0_6 wrote:An extra $1200 in two days after taxes isn't a bad thing.

The real dough is with the crane operators. $250 per hour, work 4 hours get aid for 8 is a great gig. Like one giant video game

Well.......can't say I agree with that crap. Either of those items. I'm not a fan of unions for myriad reasons, though they were a great thing that was needed to keep big corporations in line for a long time; but that time has passed.

Automation's already taking away a lot of port jobs in other parts of the world (Rotterdam being the biggest example I'm aware of), and the tactics unions around America have used to prevent moving to modern technology in some cases are despicable.

Anyhoo, we're starting to get rather off-topic here now, lol. I hope Gunn gets to come back in the future for something in the MCU, because I like what he did with GotG.

Roman Polanski was still allowed to make some great films after his pedophilia issue became well known. Jimmy Page literally abducted and raped a 14-year-old girl from a club he was at around the same time Led Zeppelin IV (with Stairway to Heaven as one of its tracks) came out. Think they should have kicked him out of Led Zeppelin for it? Did you protest it by not buying anything of theirs or seeing any concerts of theirs after that happened in 1972?

Eric Clapton is ridiculously racist. Johnny Cash went on record as saying he's glad that he started a California wildfire through sheer carelessness that nearly wiped out the remaining number of an endangered species of condor; he was so unrepentant when the state of California successfully sued him about it, he said "I don’t care about your damn yellow buzzards."

The list of things that celebrities have gotten away with is ridiculously long, and largely unknown by most people...yet a couple of juvenile jokes on Twitter warrants someone getting fired? Ok.

Meantime, let's keep giving money to all the people I just mentioned because they did their crap before people got so easily outraged and offended at anything and everything.

Zebulon Dak wrote:Don't worry bro, Roland knows what you think and how you feel before you even say it and despite what you do say. Also, whatever you're talking about, Roland knows more about it than you do. These are just universal .NET truths.

Yeah, among other truths such as certain .NET members not being able to handle specious arguments being pointed out and brought into the light of day, among other things. BTW, have you given Episode IX a 9.5/10 IMDB rating yet? We all know it'll be deserving of it just like Episodes VII and VIII were, so you better get on that before it hits theaters if you consider yourself a real Star Wars fan. ;)
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:29 pm
  • :lol:
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:32 pm
  • So making handicapped jokes could get me fired now from when I was a teenager, what do you call a quadriplegic at the front door, Matt for instance. There are hundreds of those quick quips that people made all the time I heard and more about orientation and race. I guess I should turn all those people in for making jokes so they can lose their jobs also, doesn't matter if it was 45 years ago or not.

People change and grow out of their environment and change their perspective as they age and experience life. Those that can't usually are the extreme zealots that your don't want around because of a closed mind and those you don't invite anywhere because they just want a platform to rage against whatever topic they have a hard on for.
    Last edited by chris98251 on Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:39 pm
  • Damnit Chris, I feel the urge to buy you a beer!

:irishdrinkers:
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:49 am
  • Pretty much the only intellectually dishonest argument being made here is comparing James Gunn and his role as a director of one of modern day film’s most valuable franchises to shipyard workers and longshoreman.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:26 am
  • JGfromtheNW wrote:Pretty much the only intellectually dishonest argument being made here is comparing James Gunn and his role as a director of one of modern day film’s most valuable franchises to shipyard workers and longshoreman.

We got a little off track...so sue us. :lol:
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:36 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    JGfromtheNW wrote:Pretty much the only intellectually dishonest argument being made here is comparing James Gunn and his role as a director of one of modern day film’s most valuable franchises to shipyard workers and longshoreman.

We got a little off track...so sue us. :lol:

You’ll be hearing from my attorney. 8)
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:01 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information