Streaming Options for Chord Cutters

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Streaming Options for Chord Cutters
Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:15 pm
  • SeatownJay wrote:Hey Kidhawk, if you're still looking YoutubeTV rolled out a ton of new areas today, including Anchorage.

Thanks for letting me know. Funnily enough, I'd just seen something about that earlier and checked it. I'll be doing the trial and see how I like it. I think it is a 5 day trial. I know that hulu is raising it's price by about $5 next month, so it might be a good time for a change
    kidhawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:16 pm
  • I think we should all sign up for multiple streaming services and cut the cord with traditional cable/satellite companies to do our part toward ending that stupid monopoly and attempt to push real change in the entire industry.

Imagine if you could pay $29.99 for a season to view all the games, including playoffs, that your team are in. Live, in true HD, viewable from anything - TV, PC, mobile, etc.

There's zero reason this isn't already a thing from a technology perspective. It's old farts too scared to try something new in charge of all this crap that keep us in the dark ages, pro sports leagues spooning in bed with cable/satellite providers; very similar to how Napster slapped the RIAA across the face, which ended up poorly for them but caused a paradigm shift in the music industry.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:53 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:I think we should all sign up for multiple streaming services and cut the cord with traditional cable/satellite companies to do our part toward ending that stupid monopoly and attempt to push real change in the entire industry.

Imagine if you could pay $29.99 for a season to view all the games, including playoffs, that your team are in. Live, in true HD, viewable from anything - TV, PC, mobile, etc.

There's zero reason this isn't already a thing from a technology perspective. It's old farts too scared to try something new in charge of all this crap that keep us in the dark ages, pro sports leagues spooning in bed with cable/satellite providers; very similar to how Napster slapped the RIAA across the face, which ended up poorly for them but caused a paradigm shift in the music industry.

Yeah we see the high quality of Bands and singer song writers contributing these days don't we, might be why the legendary musicians and Bands still have such a great market appeal.

Really it's the record companies fault for trying to over control creativity.

Right now Disney and Comcast want to rule the world, Networks, Production, commercial rights of properties, right of way of distribution, this won't be good for us consumers even with streaming, you still need to ride the same highway, it's just wahtb lane your going to use.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:27 am
  • chris98251 wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:I think we should all sign up for multiple streaming services and cut the cord with traditional cable/satellite companies to do our part toward ending that stupid monopoly and attempt to push real change in the entire industry.

Yeah we see the high quality of Bands and singer song writers contributing these days don't we, might be why the legendary musicians and Bands still have such a great market appeal.

Really it's the record companies fault for trying to over control creativity.

Right now Disney and Comcast want to rule the world, Networks, Production, commercial rights of properties, right of way of distribution, this won't be good for us consumers even with streaming, you still need to ride the same highway, it's just wahtb lane your going to use.

Am I the only one that does not want to???

Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:27 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:I think we should all sign up for multiple streaming services and cut the cord with traditional cable/satellite companies to do our part toward ending that stupid monopoly and attempt to push real change in the entire industry.

I worked with a guy who was involved in the telecoms back in the 80s and he'll go on rants about how regulation stunted the internet and what not back then. You'd think I'd remember more of what he said because it seems like he would bring it up every time I talked to him.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:29 pm
  • With the streaming options and digital antennae, everybody should be a chord cutter.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Previous

It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:00 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information