Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

A Rescue

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
A Rescue
Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:49 pm

Re: A Rescue
Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:02 pm
  • For some reason I think this story is going to have a tragic ending. I hope I’m wrong, but I have this weird feeling...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    AKNFidel
    NET Practice Squad

Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:18 pm

Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:50 pm
  • They scrapped the rescue for the day and may have to give way to rain. That said, they seem confident the boys are safe where they are and can stay there “for months”

These situations change quickly however.

The diver is a tragic story. But not one that really reflects the current state of the players. He ran out of air under water. The air issue does seem to be changing though, so perhaps the idea of keeping there for months is no longer an option

A look inside the cave

Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:33 pm
  • Elon Musk offers to help save Thai boys from cave, suggests ‘bouncy castle’-style air tunnel:

“Boring Co has advanced ground penetrating radar & is pretty good at digging holes,” Musk tweeted Thursday, adding another option was for his group to “dropship fully charged Powerpacks and pumps.”

The idea of Musk lending his assistance appears to have been sparked Tuesday by a Twitter user who asked if Musk would lend a hand, to which Musk mused, “I suspect that the Thai govt has this under control, but I’m happy to help if there is a way to do so.”

As Musk continued to think out loud on the matter on Twitter over the next few days, other ideas he came up with included creating an air tunnel of sorts under the network of caves where the 13 are stranded: “Maybe worth trying: insert a 1m diameter nylon tube (or shorter set of tubes for most difficult sections) through cave network & inflate with air like a bouncy castle.”

He estimated a 3-mile walk at a brisk pace through this inflated network “would take 40 [minutes] or so.”

https://q13fox.com/2018/07/06/elon-musk ... ir-tunnel/
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:00 pm
  • It’s happening

Edit: divers in the cave. Could take a couple days

“Officials have not confirmed whether the boys would need to dive during the mission, but have suggested that much of the route can be walked.

“Although there are some slightly difficult parts that we have to bend or crawl [in] we can say that we can just walk through,” Narongsak Osatanakorn, former governor of Chiang Rai province, who is heading up the rescue operation said of conditions in the cave.

“We have done extremely well as yesterday we were able to reduce the water level by 30cm, the record of what we’ve achieved.”

However, the governor was asked directly if the boys would need to dive and declined to answer, saying only that most of the path would be walkable.”
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:15 pm
  • Incredible story unfolding. That diver who lost his life is a hero.

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:54 am
  • 4 of the players have made it out, several hours ahead of schedule.

Edit:
    The rescue has been concluded for the night and will resume in 10-20 hours because “we’ve used all the oxygen,” according to the operation chief.

“Its actually just falling quiet here,” says Dan Johnston on the BBC News Channel. “There’s been a lot of activity in the past few minutes. It looks like people are leaving this site for the night.

“One thing to bear in mind is the tiredness levels of the cave diving exerts who are leading this operation. They have been working busily all day and it looks like some of them are actually leaving the dive site now.

“It looks like they’ve taken the decision that they have done as much as they can for today.”

The operation is set to resume at 8am local time with officials and volunteers buoyed by the fact that their method of rescuing the boys by diving has been successful insofar."
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:40 am
  • 7 (and possibly 8 ) of the boys are free of the cave

Edit: 8 out. Operations suspended for the day.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:30 pm
  • They have to replenish the replacement tanks that are placed along the route.

So far they’ve brought out four each day. No word on whether they’ll try to do all five tomorrow or the coach will be stuck waiting another day.
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    sc85sis
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:09 pm

• "We expect that if there is no unusual condition ... the 4 boys, 1 coach, the doctor, and 3 SEALs who have been with the boys since the first day will will come out today," he told a press conference to loud cheering.

Nargonsak said this phase may take longer than the previous two rescue missions, which both lasted several hours.
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:32 am
  • Everyone now out.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:23 am
  • Good job to the rescuers. Good news to wake up to!

:2thumbs:
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:22 am
  • Glad to see they’re all out not. I really had a bad feeling this wasn’t going to end well, and I’m happy I was wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    AKNFidel
    NET Practice Squad

Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:27 am
  • Very well done! Memo to the coach: No more cave trips during monsoon season, eh?

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:19 pm
  • So relieved they are all out of the cave system. Can't begin to imagine the immensity and difficulty and danger involved in the rescue.

Let no-one forget the tragic loss of the diver who died in the process, during the enormous preparatory organisation of the whole rescue effort..
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:09 am
  • Very, very sad news - Dr Richard Harris, the Adelaide cave-diving expert and doctor who was one of the rescue team, is on his way home in mourning tonight, because he has received news his father had passed away while he was participating in the rescue. Apparently he was the last person to exit the cave.

Just... horrible.
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:09 pm
    replicant
    NET Rookie

Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:42 pm
  • I just wanted to say that I think it's good that these people were rescued.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:38 pm

It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:32 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information