Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

"I put the alien egg on the USS Sulaco"...

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
"I put the alien egg on the USS Sulaco"...
Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:29 pm
  • Well, not really. :)

I've always simply loved the Alien universe... most especially the first two films.

But, the other day I stumbled on a website discussing the question of how the alien Queen, at the end of the movie "Aliens" manages to get an egg onboard the spaceship USS Sulaco, resulting in Ripley's infection by the organism being revealed in "Alien3."

I rapidly discovered there's a whole horde of obsessives out there wondering about this vexed question! There's more theories than who shot JFK, and a friend here and I thought we were the only ones, back when the movies were in the cinema. We hired the VHS tapes and watched footage from the end of "Aliens" and the beginning of "Alien3" repeatedly, but could never fully agree on a concrete conclusion.

Anyway, the point is... I then found a website showing a t-shirt for sale with a message along the lines of "I put the alien egg on the USS Sulaco". I want to get one for myself and said friend, who turns 60 soon... but I left the page before I bookmarked it, cleared my History, and now I can't find the bloody website. :(

AN elephant stamp to any kind soul who can find the page, please! I'm hoping there are Alien fans here who can help.

Must watch the films again - I have not seen them for ten years or more, but I have Alien Quadrilogy on DVD. I can't fully remember which "egg theory" I sided with even, and would be interested if anyone else ever wondered about it. It has to be more enjoyable than pondering Sherm being a freaking 49er...
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• I just love the USS Sulaco, even if the Alien universe fiction is now over thirty years old.

Try to imagine, a spaceship the size of a large cruise ship, over 300m/1,000 feet long, 70,000 tonnes mass, capable of interstellar speeds in the order of 270c (where "c" = the speed of light), armed to the teeth with unimaginable weapons... and think... what the HELL would it cost to build such a beast, if the technology existed?

It would have to be assembled in space, in low Earth orbit (presumably). No way can a craft of this size lift off from Earth to orbit.

Therefore, I deduce, in all pontification, that the whole damned thing would surely be totally unaffordable, even to a global economy, let alone the future USA, which the USS Sulaco postulates as producing it.

Maybe I need to spend more time digging in my garden, and less time in imagination.
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:21 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information