Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Not even death can keep Canadian geese from attacking humans

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13

• That's why we have to kill them and eat them, before they knock us all unconscious!
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

• They're polite and all. But even the nicest Canadian (Geese) have their limits. Just ask Sully Sullenberger.
    Palmegranite
    NET Starter

• Karma's a hell of a thing.

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Ive come close to being hit at geese I've shot, kind of surprised it doesn't happen more often.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• Brings new meaning to Last Act of Defiance.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Geese are nasty.

We owned a small flock once. One got aggressive and bit Mom on the ankle, hard. She took a green marker and marked its neck so we'd know which one to butcher first when the time came. So for years we had a goose running around honking with a big old green streak on its neck. Kinda funny.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• I have a Canadian goose story also. I took my young son (5 or 6 yo at the time) trout fishing. He thought he would be smart and try to stay ahead of dad as we worked our way along the banks of the creek, giving himself first crack at all of the fishing holes. We worked our way into a very thick brushy area. All of a sudden, I hear a hell of a commotion in the brush ahead of me. Next thing I know, here comes my boy, running as fast as his little legs could carry him, no fishing pole or anything else in his hands. Right on his ass was mother goose, hissing like crazy. He had stumbled upon her nest, and she was NOT happy about it. I damn near fell over laughing. I made him go back in and retrieve his gear too. To this day, if he is with me and we drive past that area, I will always say, "Remember when......" He still doesn't see the humor in it.
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

• Best watch dog you can have is a Goose I was once told, a dog can be baited a Goose not so much and they can be mean as a female with cramps.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• I was in a small regional city (Mildura, Victoria) a few years back, for a circuit speedboat racing meeting (of which I'm a huge fan), and there was a gaggle of geese, presumably domestic, wandering around the roads on the outskirts of the city, near the river. I asked the taxi driver, and he said they'd been there for years, and that a fox will not dare to attack a gaggle of geese.

Foxes are feral pests here, and totally hated.

BTW, I'm told turkeys (and an old gobbler is a weird sight!) are very docile, but I know from experience that swans can be extremely aggressive, too.
    Last edited by Aussie Seahawk on Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• Those things shit....well....like a goose.
    Seahawkville
    NET Rookie

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:Geese are nasty.

We owned a small flock once. One got aggressive and bit Mom on the ankle, hard. She took a green marker and marked its neck so we'd know which one to butcher first when the time came. So for years we had a goose running around honking with a big old green streak on its neck. Kinda funny.

So true.

Really viscous things when they want to be.

Pretty sure they can easily break bones.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:48 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information