Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

A self serving PSA

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
A self serving PSA
Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:45 am
  • Please take 1.5 minutes to watch, and share, especially if you have teen/new drivers in your family.

ITS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN !
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Re: A self serving PSA
Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:01 pm
  • First responders, DOT workers, tow truck drivers.....they are ALL in harms way. Slow down and pay attention folks.
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:46 am
  • damn canadian drivers....
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:58 am
  • Cyrus12 wrote:damn canadian drivers....

I know you're joking but trust me, it's not only them.

You would truly be amazed at the crap people will do around an emergency vehicle/ scene.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:01 am
  • We all know that we're required to slow (way) down when passing by an emergency vehicle with it's lights on in an adjacent lane, but that also doesn't give the emergency workers the right of way to simply just walk right out in front of the traffic that's passing by. If they need that area to work, then it needs to be blocked off, either by a police car, or by parking the ambulance diagonally across the entire street so that cars can't go around. Because of that, and because of the guy at the end not paying attention to traffic before walking out into it, I'd say that the fault is split 50/50 between the idiot driver going too fast around the emergency vehicle, and the EMT driver who both failed to allocate the proper space to do his job, and subsequently failed to watch out for oncoming traffic before stepping out into it.

I'm prepared to get reemed for this comment. Bring it on :)....But seriously, don't think for a second that I'm saying this is wrong or bad advice. I'm just adding to the possibilities of improvement.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:48 am

A self serving PSA
Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:20 pm
  • fenderbender123 wrote:We all know that we're required to slow (way) down when passing by an emergency vehicle with it's lights on in an adjacent lane, but that also doesn't give the emergency workers the right of way to simply just walk right out in front of the traffic that's passing by. If they need that area to work, then it needs to be blocked off, either by a police car, or by parking the ambulance diagonally across the entire street so that cars can't go around. Because of that, and because of the guy at the end not paying attention to traffic before walking out into it, I'd say that the fault is split 50/50 between the idiot driver going too fast around the emergency vehicle, and the EMT driver who both failed to allocate the proper space to do his job, and subsequently failed to watch out for oncoming traffic before stepping out into it.

I'm prepared to get reemed for this comment. Bring it on :)....But seriously, don't think for a second that I'm saying this is wrong or bad advice. I'm just adding to the possibilities of improvement.

I won't "reem" you over it but I would like you to consider this, I work in a semi rural area, many times my unit is the only emergency vehicle in the area for a good amount of time.
    I/we don't always have the luxury of additional vehicles to "block" things off.

Also, the video was made simply for shock value, I doubt seriously that many responders would work as those in the video were portrayed.

I agree 100% that everybody is, to a point, responsible for their own safety but let's be real, no emergency responder should have to worry about an idiot blowing through a scene, and that fact of the matter is, it happens quite often.

Keep in mind, they may be working on someone that you care about.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:17 am
  • Trust me everyone, Lon is very dedicated to his job and so is his wife.

Their schedules are the most horrid, horrendous things you can imagine, yet they are both wonderful people to hang out with in spite of working multiple shifts end to end.

They both take this job very seriously and even though they have seen it all they are still real people and get affected by some things.

Take the time to thank them when you get the chance wherever you may live.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:38 am
  • pmedic920 wrote:
    fenderbender123 wrote:We all know that we're required to slow (way) down when passing by an emergency vehicle with it's lights on in an adjacent lane, but that also doesn't give the emergency workers the right of way to simply just walk right out in front of the traffic that's passing by. If they need that area to work, then it needs to be blocked off, either by a police car, or by parking the ambulance diagonally across the entire street so that cars can't go around. Because of that, and because of the guy at the end not paying attention to traffic before walking out into it, I'd say that the fault is split 50/50 between the idiot driver going too fast around the emergency vehicle, and the EMT driver who both failed to allocate the proper space to do his job, and subsequently failed to watch out for oncoming traffic before stepping out into it.

I won't "reem" you over it but I would like you to consider this, I work in a semi rural area, many times my unit is the only emergency vehicle in the area for a good amount of time.
    I/we don't always have the luxury of additional vehicles to "block" things off.

Also, the video was made simply for shock value, I doubt seriously that many responders would work as those in the video were portrayed.

I agree 100% that everybody is, to a point, responsible for their own safety but let's be real, no emergency responder should have to worry about an idiot blowing through a scene, and that fact of the matter is, it happens quite often.

Keep in mind, they may be working on someone that you care about.

I hear ya. And agree 100%.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:32 am
  • [quote=Keep in mind, they may be working on someone that you care about.[/quote]

I've messed up the quote function, sorry, but my point is - here in Australia... disGustlingly there are incidences where people (even "patients") actively ATTACK paramedics. It also happens in Emergency rooms in hospitals.

The (sorry I'm shouting)... VERY PEOPLE THE PROFESSIONALS ARE TRYING TO HELP (or people with them) sometimes attack the emergency personnel, who in my opinion (and surely shared by anyone who can connect three neurons) should be revered AND SUPPORTED TO THE HILT.

BTW, my daughter is a nurse in a kids' oncology ward at the Women's and Children's Hospital-bless her socks, I don't know how she does it.
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Rookie

Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:03 am
  • pmedic920 wrote:
    Cyrus12 wrote:damn canadian drivers....

I know you're joking but trust me, it's not only them.

You would truly be amazed at the crap people will do around an emergency vehicle/ scene.

Hey, at least you're not a first responder in the Philippines. People don't even slow down or pull over for emergency vehicles here. It's just business as usual as the sirens wail and they try to force their way through indifferent traffic.
    "The ultimate number is W's, and that’s what matters in Santa Clara. As such, Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does." - Paul Gutierrez
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:13 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information