Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Office Christmas Party

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Office Christmas Party
Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:04 am
  • Saw this over the weekend....................solid comedy, but very formulaic and didn't give me anything I haven't seen before in these sorts of ensemble generic type of holiday movies.

I'd compare it to The Night Before last year with Seth Rogan, it's on that level of good, but not great. Fun enough for a date, so I'd still recommend it, but oh so very slightly.

One bright spot is Kate McKinnon. TJ Miller was also good, but McKinnon kills it and has the most big laughs. Bateman does his usual golly gee casual smart ass routine, and has a weird even kinda creepy love interest with Olivia Munn that goes nowhere..........and Jennifer Aniston channels her Horrible Bosses character.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Re: Office Christmas Party
Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:35 pm
  • Debated seeing this in theaters. It looks very formulaic but I like a lot of the actors in it. Love TJ in Silicon Valley.

I may still go, I'm sure it'll give me a few good laughs.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:53 pm
  • mistaowen wrote:Debated seeing this in theaters. It looks very formulaic but I like a lot of the actors in it. Love TJ in Silicon Valley.

Yeah I'd say if you're in the holiday spirit and in the mood for some laughs, this movie delivers.

Nothing that sets itself apart, but nothing wrong with that as long as you know it going in...........and Kate McKinnon and TJ are worth the price of admission.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:09 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    mistaowen wrote:Debated seeing this in theaters. It looks very formulaic but I like a lot of the actors in it. Love TJ in Silicon Valley.

Yeah I'd say if you're in the holiday spirit and in the mood for some laughs, this movie delivers.

Nothing that sets itself apart, but nothing wrong with that as long as you know it going in...........and Kate McKinnon and TJ are worth the price of admission.

Definitely would recommend., very funny movie. The hit to miss joke ratio wasn't that great, although there are so many jokes throughout the movie they didn't all need to land.

My standouts were TJ Miller, the pimp, and the Uber driver.

The best joke was the NFL related one.
    Do you like curry? - Gareth Keenan
    DYLcurry59
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:59 pm
  • These are the types of movies I wait until they are free to view.

It won't be long is my guess.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:16 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information