Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Shameless...

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Shameless...
Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:43 pm
  • The title says it all..
    The most dysfunctional family EVER!! I love this show. William H. Macy is incredible in this.
    Great cast. Great show.....I have literally about pissed my pants laughing so hard at times.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Re: Shameless...
Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:40 pm
  • My wife and I love this show. Glad it's finally on Netflix too so we can catch up.
    "I want it! I hate losing!"
    DHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:59 am
  • I love Shameless. It has a few hiccups but when it's clicking, not many shows can match it. Season 4 was one of my favorite seasons of TV ever. I can't think of any other show that mixes dark humor and heartbreak so well.

It's weird seeing William H Macy in the real world, not as Frank, and realize he's one of the nicest, most genuine people in Hollywood haha
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:37 am
  • I've contended that Shameless is by far the most consistently entertaining show of the past decade. What seven seasons now and there hasn't been one bad one yet............it's funny, poignant, plenty of drama, everything you'd want in an hour show.

Kevin might be my favorite character on TV.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:57 am
  • Great show.

I'd watch even if they didnt show Emmy Rossum's boobs so often (GREAT boobs btw).
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:12 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:I've contended that Shameless is by far the most consistently entertaining show of the past decade. What seven seasons now and there hasn't been one bad one yet............it's funny, poignant, plenty of drama, everything you'd want in an hour show.

Oh, I love Kev...I love looking at him too. That is the eye candy for us girls for sure.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:48 pm
  • Seahwkgal wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:I've contended that Shameless is by far the most consistently entertaining show of the past decade. What seven seasons now and there hasn't been one bad one yet............it's funny, poignant, plenty of drama, everything you'd want in an hour show.

Oh, I love Kev...I love looking at him too. That is the eye candy for us girls for sure.

You and my wife...........and I'm pretty sure the writers are just messing with that actor at this point, with all the crazy stuff they've made him act out the past couple seasons.

I can just picture him going over his scripts and going "Are you serious!"
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:39 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Seahwkgal wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:I've contended that Shameless is by far the most consistently entertaining show of the past decade. What seven seasons now and there hasn't been one bad one yet............it's funny, poignant, plenty of drama, everything you'd want in an hour show.

You and my wife...........and I'm pretty sure the writers are just messing with that actor at this point, with all the crazy stuff they've made him act out the past couple seasons.

I can just picture him going over his scripts and going "Are you serious!"

:laugh: No kidding.
    Not only the threesome situation but his character is the "airhead" of the show. It's hilarious though. He so damned good looking, us girls don't care if his character isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. :drool:
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:55 pm
  • Good show, but the last couple seasons haven't been quite as good.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:24 pm
  • Wife and I just watched the first episode last night. After the entire episode was done she said: "Damn I hate you right now!".

Guess we'll be watching a lot more in the future. :mrgreen:
    "The past is a foreign country: they do things differently there."---LP Hartley
    Trenchbroom
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:05 pm
  • I recently (finally) got Netflix, and started on this show. I am up to season 4 now, and lovin the hell out of it.
    Dismas
    NET Starter

Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:44 am
  • Shameless is a show I don't miss. Love it on numerous levels. I also like the Kevin character. Tempted, conflicted, protective, weary, and generous.

Can't shake the feeling that it was created specifically to teach those not in jail how to do the things that previously only those in jail could learn how to to do from other inmates. Scamming and confidence game techniques, ways to defraud the government, how to steal, and just general ways to make something out of nothing by taking advantage of the weak-minded and the gullible.

It is a slice of the real world, and everything that lower class in the inner city is forced to do to stay alive. Watching it makes me feel dirty, and reminds me of what I might be faced with should I not continue to get off my ass and make legitimate money, maintain my chosen level of moral and business integrity, and live without any handouts, defrauding, or preying on people. So it's like attending church for me in that way.

So much is going on that you really have to start with season 1 ep 1 to get it all in, but it would be worth the marathon watch to do so.
    :les: Remembering "The Radish"...
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:08 am
  • Show is really hitting it's stride this season, which is amazing considering how long the show has been running. Past few episodes have been terrific. One of the biggest things I'd say is the minimal turnover behind the scenes. Many shows lose their best staff after a few seasons to work on new projects or get promotions, most of the names have been there from season 1.

I'm so glad they aren't forcing another love interest for Fiona, her stories are far more interesting when it's her dealing with life. Love how they're weaving Frank in and out of storylines across all characters as well, the wacky and over the top adventures of Frank can sometimes be too much. (I was dying laughing when you see him mosey in with the pack from the bar to help at Fiona's new place, even if it was just for free beer) Interested to see what they do with Lip, whether he follows Frank's path or matures.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:01 am
  • mistaowen wrote: Interested to see what they do with Lip, whether he follows Frank's path or matures.

Shameless is a Greek tragedy, no matter how much the characters overcome, it's never enough to overcome their circumstances.

This is what makes the show and characters so compelling and appealing to root for.

So honestly I don't think any of the characters will ever mature or get out of their cycle of dysfunction. Maybe in the very end of the show cause the writers want a warm fuzzy ending for everyone? But even then, they might think that's too cheesy and disingenuous to the characters.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:41 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information