Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Black Mirror (TV Show)

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Black Mirror (TV Show)
Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:06 pm
  • Anyone watching this? Netflix just picked up the third season. Each episode is its own individual show and cast of characters, so you don't need to watch in order. I would recommend starting on season 3 (first two seasons are British...BOO!). It reminds me a lot of the Twilight Zone with an emphasis on modern day technology.

Just try the first couple episodes of season 3 and I'm sure you'll love it.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Re: Black Mirror (TV Show)
Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:49 am
  • I watched season 1, episode 1. I plan on watching the rest because I've heard good things, but my oh my, that was some interesting subject matter. My girlfriend came down in the middle of the episode and looked at me more sideways than usual when I explained what was going on.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:04 pm
  • I watched the first 3-4 episodes of the first season, and while all the episodes were thought provoking and well done.............the show just flat bummed me out. To the point of not wanting to watch anymore cause I didn't want to feel like crap afterward.

Black Mirror is obviously modeled after The Twilight Zone.........but unlike The Twilight Zone ALL the episodes are depressing. I wish Black Mirror would mix in a few funny or quirky episodes like TZ used to do.

Good, but VERY hard to binge watch without being bummed out and depressed.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:08 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:I watched the first 3-4 episodes of the first season, and while all the episodes were thought provoking and well done.............the show just flat bummed me out. To the point of not wanting to watch anymore cause I didn't want to feel like crap afterward.

Black Mirror is obviously modeled after The Twilight Zone.........but unlike The Twilight Zone ALL the episodes are depressing. I wish Black Mirror would mix in a few funny or quirky episodes like TZ used to do.

Good, but VERY hard to binge watch without being bummed out and depressed.

The ironic thing is the guy who writes them is actually very funny. He's very cynical though and this combination makes for some good satire.

I recommend some of Charlie Brooker's books. They are an amalgamation of his newspaper columns so it's easy to dip in and out of. I once read one on the tube (subway) and I laughed so hard and couldnt stop, people thought I was mental.

Screenwipe delves a bit into the mind of Brooker's outlook on TV.

UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:15 am
  • I've watched the first four episodes of the series and I really like it. Interesting looks at the way people interact with advanced technology/media and really good commentary on how humans would likely deal with the social and emotional aspects of it.

"The Entire History of You," is probably one of my single favorite episodes of any series I've watched over the last six months. After the protagonist comes-to from the car crash, you can tell it's all spiraling out of control. Good stuff.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:40 pm
  • I watched 4 episodes of season 3. Very thought provoking, i really liked it. The one with the two girls that starts in the 80's...man that one is so original and thought provoking. I cant stop thinking about it.
    "Whoever drafts Golden Tate is gonna win the Super Bowl" - Me
    Lithium
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:12 pm
  • Lithium wrote:I watched 4 episodes of season 3. Very thought provoking, i really liked it. The one with the two girls that starts in the 80's...man that one is so original and thought provoking. I cant stop thinking about it.

I agree, so far that has been my favorite episode. The one thing I really like about this show is how you are kind of left in the dark for the first half of each episode, and then as the episode moves along things become more clear. I still need to finish up the last episode of season 3, and then I think I'm going to go back and watch seasons 1 and 2.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:45 am
  • Just watched season two. The episode with Jon Hamm (White Christmas), might have been one of the best episodes of TV I've ever seen.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:55 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information