Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Quarry - Cinemax Series

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Quarry - Cinemax Series
Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:24 am
  • I just finished the first season of Quarry, a new series on Cinemax. Highly recommend it to you guys.

It's about a Vietnam vet that comes back from his tour and no one will hire him, so he has no choice but to become a hitman for a mob boss to support his wife and friend's family.

REALLY well done drama, kinda flew under the radar being on Cinemax, but it deserves your attention.

If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Re: Quarry - Cinemax Series
Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:05 pm
  • Started it last night...I thought it was so good, I wound up staying up until 4am watching 4 straight episodes. Good call.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:54 am
  • fenderbender123 wrote:Started it last night...I thought it was so good, I wound up staying up until 4am watching 4 straight episodes. Good call.

Ha, nice. Glad you enjoyed it.

Not one clunker of an episode, so don't worry about losing interest, it's as solid of a first season as you can ask for.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:53 am
  • Pretty sweet cast and people behind the scenes. Ann Dowd is awesome in the Leftovers, plus Marlo is in it! I'll have to check this out.

Where does it fall on the traditional Cinemax spectrum? A lot are over the top violence with meh acting/writing but entertainable. Though The Knick is very good.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:35 am
  • mistaowen wrote:
    Where does it fall on the traditional Cinemax spectrum? A lot are over the top violence with meh acting/writing but entertainable. Though The Knick is very good.

I had the same reservations as you, cause my buddy told me to check out Banshee, it was a glorified cheesy 80's action movie.......in a good way, but it wasn't high art for sure.

Rest assure Quarry breaks that Cinemax stereotype. There's still plenty of violence, but it's necessary violence to help tell the story, and not gratuitous cause it's Cinemax. Same with the nudity and sex.

Bottom line, Quarry would be worthy to be on Showtime or HBO. Fantastic acting, writing and production.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:38 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information