Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Dr. Strange

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Dr. Strange
Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:17 pm
  • This movie was an acid trip without the acid.

Outstanding in IMAX 3-D.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Re: Dr. Strange
Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:54 pm
  • Saw it this morning. Thoroughly entertaining. Few actors can pull off the likable prick archetype like Benedict Cumberbatch.
    "Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

- Excerpt from Jimmy James: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:58 am
  • Maulbert wrote:Saw it this morning. Thoroughly entertaining. Few actors can pull off the likable prick archetype like Benedict Cumberbatch.

I'm going to see it Thursday. I've always thought since the casting that Tiddlywinks Cabbagepatch would make a great Stephen Strange.
    Annual Adopt a Rookie: Vannett
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:11 am
  • Is this a self contained movie and not just setting us up for 5 more Dr. Stranges?

Cause I'm worn out from open ended super hero franchises that never end, I just want a tight self contained story.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:07 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:Is this a self contained movie and not just setting us up for 5 more Dr. Stranges?

Cause I'm worn out from open ended super hero franchises that never end, I just want a tight self contained story.

It's Hollywood, so what do you think?
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:29 pm
  • Of course there will be a sequel. I certainly hope so after seeing this.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:24 pm
  • OkieHawk wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:Is this a self contained movie and not just setting us up for 5 more Dr. Stranges?

Well, some origin superhero stories are 90% self contained, then there's a nod to a sequel at the end.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:31 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    OkieHawk wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:Is this a self contained movie and not just setting us up for 5 more Dr. Stranges?

Well, some origin superhero stories are 90% self contained, then there's a nod to a sequel at the end.

I would say that applies to this movie, just go see it. It's a fun flick and a treat for the eyes.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:47 pm
  • It's tied to the MCU because they've made the Eye of Agamoth (the medalion he wore) an Infinity Gem/Stone.

I liked it but I'm tired of origin stories; give the hero 2-3 years into their career not their beginning.

The ending was a nice refreshing twist how to solve a problem. I did enjoy that a lot.
    "Go for Broke" - 442nd Japanese-American Battalion

Shaun Alexander #37 for the HoF - 119 Games 2176 Att 9429 Yards 4.3 YPC 100 TDs (112 TDs total) 2005 MVP

"YOU POST...TO WIN...thethread." JesterHawk
    sammyc521
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:38 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:Is this a self contained movie and not just setting us up for 5 more Dr. Stranges?

Whine more. Not everyone's a comic book nerd who knew the origin stories from their childhood onward. ;)
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:44 pm

Its plot wraps up with no major questions left, but has 1 big dangling thread for future Doctor Strange movies.
    "Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:16 am
  • Supposed to be going to watch this tonight. I wonder if Cumberbatch's accent will make me weep a la Hugh Laurie in House.
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:03 am
  • UK_Seahawk wrote:I wonder if Cumberbatch's accent will make me weep a la Hugh Laurie in House.

Please explain.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:37 am
  • sammyc521 wrote:It's tied to the MCU because they've made the Eye of Agamoth (the medalion he wore) an Infinity Gem/Stone.

Yeah, i'd imagine any sequel will be a tie in to the Infinity Wars movies coming up. But they could also just make him a figure in one of the upcoming MCU movies as well.

Glad to hear its a good movie.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:28 am
  • UK_Seahawk wrote:Supposed to be going to watch this tonight. I wonder if Cumberbatch's accent will make me weep a la Hugh Laurie in House.

Their accents are nearly identical at times. Seriously, there are times where if you close your eyes, it's Dr. House.

The characters are quite different, so the inflection is not similar, but the sound is really close.
    LargentFan
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:51 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:

Whine more. Not everyone's a comic book nerd who knew the origin stories from their childhood onward. ;)

lol, that's what I love about you Roland........you can take any innocuous post and find a way to be a jerk.

I actually am not a big comic book fan, that's why I enjoy the origin stories more, because they're self contained and are more plot and story driven. Not just behemoth special effects monstrosities with 20 superheroes flying all over the place fighting 1,000 generic enemies on screen.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:01 am
  • I agree, Roland is a jerk :229031_flagca:
    Last edited by Laloosh on Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Adopt A Rookie: Nick Vannett, TE - Ohio State University
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:06 am
  • I really enjoyed it. The best part for me was they were able to take some very complicated ideas (multiverse, astral projection, etc.) and gave them pretty simple explanations. They didn't get too in the weeds explaining all the details which was nice.

This was one of the few Marvel movies where it is probably worth it to see in 3D as well. Some cool scenes that take advantage of the 3D and make it look good.
    drcool
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:41 pm
  • Since when are we allowed to at5tack posters in forums other then the shack ? Looks up and see's Roland's name involved, must be a typical slow day at the office.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:55 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:Since when are we allowed to at5tack posters in forums other then the shack ? Looks up and see's Roland's name involved, must be a typical slow day at the office.

Why can't we just talk about the movie?
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:07 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Since when are we allowed to at5tack posters in forums other then the shack ? Looks up and see's Roland's name involved, must be a typical slow day at the office.

Why can't we just talk about the movie?

Bennie 'Batch rocks.

Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:37 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:Since when are we allowed to at5tack posters in forums other then the shack ? Looks up and see's Roland's name involved, must be a typical slow day at the office.

My understanding was that iRo enjoys it. He told me so at the last poker party.

The movie looks great. Cannot wait to see it.
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:51 pm
  • I really liked this movie. Billysnot Crabapple was perfect as Stephen Strange. Just a couple minor nitpicks I had with the origin story, but overall great flick.
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:19 pm
  • Just watched it with the family and we were entertained. I look forward to the next one.
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:54 pm
  • LargentFan wrote:
    UK_Seahawk wrote:Supposed to be going to watch this tonight. I wonder if Cumberbatch's accent will make me weep a la Hugh Laurie in House.

Their accents are nearly identical at times. Seriously, there are times where if you close your eyes, it's Dr. House.

The characters are quite different, so the inflection is not similar, but the sound is really close.

Saw it this weekend with my kids. There were more than a few times I thought he sounded like Tom Selleck with his American accent.

2014 Adopt-A-Rookie: Kiero Small
    2015 Adopt-A-Rookie: Tyler Lockett
    2016 Adopt-A-Rookie: Joey Hunt
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:24 pm

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:30 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information