Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

The truth is out there, and maybe more 'X-Files' on Fox

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Scully is still hot
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• SoulfishHawk wrote:Scully is still hot

To the surprise of nary a Soul, I fully endorse this message.

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Sony Pictures Home Entertainment will be releasing Ryan Eslinger’s UFO on DVD and Digital September 4, which stars Gillian Anderson as “an advanced mathematics professor” who seems to know a thing or two about, well, UFOs. Sure, Anderson may be done with “The X-Files,” but that doesn’t mean she can’t explore supernatural phenomena elsewhere!

Check out the trailer below.

In the film…

“Derek (Alex Sharp) a brilliant college student, haunted by a childhood UFO sighting, believes that mysterious sightings reported at multiple airports across the United States are UFO’s. With the help of his girlfriend, Natalie (Ella Purnell), and his advanced mathematics professor, Dr. Hendricks (X-Files’ Gillian Anderson), Derek races to unravel the mystery with FBI special agent Franklin Ahls (David Strathairn) on his heels.”

Written and Directed by Ryan Eslinger, UFO was produced by Jeffery Sharp, Tom Rice and Evan Hayes; and executive produced by Jim Kohlberg, Siegfried Harris and Dan Kaplow

In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Nice find! I will keep a look out... :smilingalien: :327321_Spy_23.22: :smilingalien:

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• You’ve said in the past that there are still stories to tell in The X-Files, and you have a third film script written…

You know, once again, it’s about Gillian’s involvement. For me, The X-Files is Mulder and Scully, so even though we did the show without David (Duchovny), without Mulder, for a time, I always felt like her science was the centre of the show. In the end, it is a science show, and it makes it all-important.

In December 2017, the New York Times published a story about a secret Pentagon programme to investigate UFOs. You’ve said in the past that you suspected such a project existed. It must have been quite satisfying to be vindicated after all these years…

(laughs) It was! I mean, it was their own X-Files, they spent $20 million on investigating UFOs. I thought that was fascinating. One of the most fascinating parts of it was that it’s been done secretively. It certainly accentuates what we’ve been saying all along, which is that the government has secret programmes. We now have a new wing of the military which is called the Space Force, and last season we talked about secret space programmes, so that’s also redounding to us.

I’ve got to ask you about this piece of intriguing trivia that popped up on a Reddit AMA you did a while back. Is it true that Mark Snow’s legendary theme for The X-Files took inspiration from The Smiths?

Yeah! He went to the drawing board, he came up with things, he sent them to me, and I’d say “Not quite, not quite, not quite…” Finally, trying to give him some direction, I sent him the Smiths song How Soon Is Now?, and I said, “I love the guitar in this song”. What did he take from it? He didn’t take the guitar, he took that whistling sound at the end. (laughs) It was kind of instructive. This is the way collaboration should work. You hear one thing, one person hears another, and that’s just the nature of collaborative art.
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Previous

It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:29 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information