Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Let's hear about your worst dealership service experience...

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • I wanna hear some good ol' horror stories, I just had one myself that lasted since November and would like to hear some others...
    djTOY2000
    Eli Positioner Extraordinaire

• This was around late 90's. I was fresh out of college, had my first job.

So what do I wanna do? Get a new car! :lol: So I decide I like the Pontiac Gran Prix or Am, or whatever it was. Who knows why I liked it at the time.

So I go in, talk to a sales guy about a test drive. He's like cool let's do it, but I'll get my associate to test drive with you.... out walks this smokin' hotty, blond, young, just a head turner. He's like, <insert name here> will take you for a ride. Wha? Okey dokey. So out we go, and the whole time she's complementing me, the car, how perfect this car is for me, how good I look in this car.... just so obvious right? Even my twenty something male mind is seeing though this 10's charade.

So we get back, and we sit down at the sales guys desk, and she sits beside me! Like she's with me! The sales guy proceeds to play hardball with me, literally will not negotiate. And she's on my side trying to convince me to go for the horrible numbers. Finally I see there is no winning here, so I get up to leave and they both continue to talk at my back as I leave, no goodbyes, no think about it, or give us a call.... just both yakking at me like I wasn't walking out.

Truly a weird lame experience. So I go over to the Honda dealership, and they made it simple quick, and really easy. Got a good price! No wonder you aren't around anymore Pontiac.
    Long you live and high you fly, and smiles you’ll give and tears you’ll cry, and all you touch and all you see Is all your life will ever be
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

• I've worked in several dealership service departments over the last 20+ years. Too much BS to list. heh
    You got a clogged drain?
    Oof
    NET Rookie

• I'll give you one where I stuck it to THEM!!!

Negotiated a killer deal on a VW GTI in 98'.
    I was able to get them to lower the price of the car, because they THOUGHT they convinced me into a lease.
    The make bank on a lease, especially the kickback from VW. Or so I've been told.
    Anyway, car wasn't actually ready for me to pick up.
    I go and get a bank loan for the price of the car. Then I show up days later to pick up the car with said bank check.
    The finance guy was pissed.............. never said another word to me at all besides what needed to be signed.
    They were so pissed off. :thfight7:
    Sent from my Motorola Razor Flip Phone
    ZorntoLargent
    NET Veteran

• ZorntoLargent wrote:I'll give you one where I stuck it to THEM!!!

I was able to get them to lower the price of the car, because they THOUGHT they convinced me into a lease.
    The make bank on a lease, especially the kickback from VW. Or so I've been told.
    I go and get a bank loan for the price of the car. Then I show up days later to pick up the car with said bank check.
    The finance guy was pissed.............. never said another word to me at all besides what needed to be signed.

:th2thumbs: Nice work!
    Long you live and high you fly, and smiles you’ll give and tears you’ll cry, and all you touch and all you see Is all your life will ever be
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

• ZorntoLargent wrote:I'll give you one where I stuck it to THEM!!!

I dunno man, did you ask them to check to see what rate they could get for you? I could almost always beat a customer's bank rate.
    I'm fly
    I should be in the sky with birds
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

• Tical21 wrote:
    ZorntoLargent wrote:I'll give you one where I stuck it to THEM!!!

I dunno man, did you ask them to check to see what rate they could get for you? I could almost always beat a customer's bank rate.

Yes, and at the time my credit sucked. So they said they could get me xx%.
    Then they suggested the lease.
    Then I went to my bank and went below xx% VW offered.
    Sent from my Motorola Razor Flip Phone
    ZorntoLargent
    NET Veteran

• I'll give the short version.

Bought my daughter a used Mazda 3. It over heated on her. She is not a "dumb blonde" and knew not to drive it hot.
    We had it towed to the Mazda dealership.
    BTW, she was in Corpus Cristi and we are north of Houston.
    Via telephone I was told that it was a thermostat and agreed to having it fixed. I also paid for a complete cooling system cleaning,flush and fill. Two weeks and 500 miles later, it got hot again. They said it must have been a bad part from the factory, and replaced it again under warranty but it still cost me for towing and a rental.
    Another 4-5 days and couple hundred miles and it got hot again,this time they said it was fan motor relay and that they recommend replacing the fan motors as well. Like a dumb ass, I agreed to the repair.
    I'm smart enough to suspect a head gasket at this point so I had them do a pressure/ leak down test. They assured me it was the relay,head gasket was ok. The relay, fan motors and bla bla, all come as one part and cost about $700 not counting labor.
    I said short version so, we ended up spending almos 2k chasing the problem and on the 4th over heating were told that it had a bad head gasket. Was quoted almost $3800 for gasket and head job.
    I fought with them for 2days over their mis diagnosis but I was 300+ miles away and she need the car for school.
    We ended up having the head done at another shop with zero help from the dealer. They would not admit any error on their part.
    This was a true night mare, you got the short story.

BTW, there is only one Mazda dealer in Corpus Cristi Tx. AVOID them at all cost.
    ITS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN !
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

• here's my finally ended saga, kinda a long read but rather worth it if you're into these kinda things...

some of you may know my orange rice burner car, it's a 2000 Celica GT-S that i heavily modified years ago (actually was young and dumb and wasted way too much $$ on - oops, oh well, live and learn)

Needless to say, i've had it since i was a senior in high school, built it mainly on my own, and will never get rid of it.

When I moved back from AZ about 18 months ago, the car kinda dies on me in my driveway, lost a lot of power, and stopped running.

Found out it was due to a failure of a little tiny $0.54 flange bolt that was located within the head of the motor that was not manufactured to withstand the torque and would shear itself of and well, basically destroy the head. That part was on a recall back in 2003, to which i was never informed about.

So i went to the local Toyota dealership and inquired about it and was basically told, "yep, but you're way past the recall notice and mileage, you're gonna have to purchase a new head"

OKAY, that sucks, but what can i do, nothing apparently...

So I went out and acquired a new head for the car a short while later, but unfortunately it came with no official paperwork, as it was taken out of another Celica at this dealership and given to me because of this whole issue stemming from that little $0.54 bolt. The mechanic said it was perfectly fine, that it came out of a Celica that had a bad transmission.. So I started the process of swapping out the bad, putting on the new, it couldn't be that hard - but it was, and before i even got 1/4 the way through it, i halted myself and decided to let the professionals take care of it.

So into Toyota the car went, all that I had done was swap off the bad, put on the new, replaced the head gasket, and that was that.

This was back on November 2nd of last year (2015) - I JUST GOT IT BACK YESTERDAY after

They had my car for nearly 4 1/2 months - WTF??

At the beginning, I was quoted $1300-1500 for them to go in and get it going, tune up, and be on the way (since i had already taken the time to remove the bad head) and after 2 weeks they were able to get my car running, and informed me that they needed to replace an injector, and rebuild the other 3. I asked how much, they said about $500 and i was like... YEAH RIGHT, i'll go get better injectors for less and have them to you in 3 days - to which i did. Injectors arrived and i brought them in to them, they said we'll get right on it, you should have your car back in a couple days - SO I THOUGHT ?!?

2 weeks later i go in asking what the status of my car was, they tell me that "there is something very wrong with your car and we are going to have to pull the head off and have it inspected". I'm like, "what is VERY wrong ?". Their reply "we think you may have bent valves". Here i am thinking "WTF ? you told me i just needed injectors and i would be good to go in a couple days 3 weeks ago ?" I tell them to go ahead and pull the head and inspect it. That was the end of November....

2 weeks later, nothing...

a month goes by, i ask what the status is, they say "the head is still getting inspected and as soon as we know, we will let you know"....

it's now mid-January, still haven't heard from them, i wasn't in too much of a rush getting the car back because i don't drive it during these months anyways, so i'm just letting them take their time, all should be well, they told me that they are taking care of my car, keeping it indoors at night, out of the weather, safe and secure.... SO I THOUGHT

Now lets fast forward to mid-February of this year, still have not heard ANYTHING from Toyota in regards to the status of my car and now i am growing concerned. Concerned because it has now been 3+ months. Concerned EVEN MORE so because a friend of mine posted a picture of my car on his facebook, parked along the side of the building, dirty, literally growing moss on it around the window seals, sitting long enough that it left a lime green shadow looking mark on the asphalt from where it had been. Oh i was now getting rather upset and went in to "discuss" the situation. I wanted answers. They couldn't give me any except that "the head just arrived yesterday and we are going to get on it as soon as possible. That was NOT good enough for me so i asked to speak to their service manager, just so happens he was "unavailable" that day, i DEMAND a phone call, i receive no such the following day (friday) nor a call on Saturday...

I come back after the weekend, gloves are on...

Lucky me, get the service manager this time. I ask him what is going on, why is my car just sitting here ? what's the deal ? Why's this taken 3+ months, I want some answers, TODAY, NOW !! He says that even he doesn't know what's going on with it, as the mechanic that was working on it left the business with no notes on what had been done, needed to be done, etc etc. I asked him, what's that got to do with my car not getting worked on ? Why wouldn't anyone call me to ask questions ? Only reply i got was "we are sorry that there have been miscommunication, we want to get your car out of here asap, it is scheduled to go in and have the head installed on Wednesday. I asked, "what was wrong with it" and he pulled me over to a box inside the shop that the head was sitting in. He pulled out one of my valves and showed it to me and it was bent like a damn candy cane, and he said that we had to have the head re-worked, complete new valve job, springs, lifters, retainers, etc, as he said "there really was a number done on this, but we got it back and we are going to have it in a bay on Wednesday with the lead mechanic working on it. I'm just shaking my head back and forth right now. I'm pissed. I asked how much all of this was going to cost, because when i originally brought the car in, i was quoted $1300-1500, with an authorized leeway of $500 and not to exceed $2000, and if so, to contact me if repairs and tune up are going to exceed that much (yes, i have ALL OF THIS IN WRITING TOO)

The service manager said he will get back to me on an exact dollar amount. At that moment (this was Monday Feb 29) of last week, I told him that I have $2000 sitting in my bank, I see the head was repaired and i just got a valve job too, so i will accept what they did, though disgrunted and agitated, due to the frustrations and issues over this stemming so long, the lack of notes not left by the mechanic that started the original work on it, me pressing the issue, we (service manager and I) agreed upon $2500 and that my car would be back to me by next Monday - ONE WEEK. After that, I left...

Get a phone call the next day, "for us to continue working on your car, to complete the job, the total is going to be $3790"

At this point i am like... "ARE YOU F*CKING KIDDING ME ??"

I told the service department person that called me, to just go ahead and do it, I authorized it because i wanted my car in the shop, on a rack, getting worked on, but told him that I would be speaking with the manager once it is completed.

Guess what, Monday (this past Monday to be exact) came, and i just showed up, unannounced, because they don't like calling me. What do i see when i park and walk to the service center - MY CAR BEING PUSHED OUT by 3 workers - OBVIOUSLY NOT RUNNING

I tell the service department guy to go get his manager. Nothing more, nothing less, just said "I'd go get ----- if i were you"

5 minutes later - the manager comes out and pulls me aside

"Well Dustin, we weren't able to get your car up and running properly and back to you as promised, as we have now encountered another problem with your vehicle" - I tell him, "well first of all, why's this now costing me nearly $4000 when just last week we agreed upon $2500 with a promised pick up date of today - obviously if my car is being pushed out be 3 technicians, something isn't right"

He dodged my question and went on to explain that the reason my car wasn't running was because i now have a fuel issue, that they couldn't get it to run for more than a minute without it dying, that they did a fuel sample and I was at a 1/3 tank to which was 50/50 gas/water mix. That my car would now have to have the entire fuel system gone over, they'd have to pull the tank, drain it, clean it, flush the fuel rails, replace the fuel pump, replace the relay module, etc etc...

At this point I already know i am going to fight it tooth and nail, I put him on the spot in front of everyone that he was backing out on his agreed upon $2500 price, i started raising a bit of a fuss with him, and then was pulled over to the side of building and was then told, I'll make it happen for $3000, you're a valued customer, we all know your car here, we want you to get your car back and be happy.

I said "let me think about it" and I left...

He called me the next morning, (Tuesday - yesterday) with a dollar amount of $1100 to do a complete fuel system check and overhaul. I said that was not acceptable and that I would be showing up within 2 hours with a tow truck, the agreed upon $2500, and getting my car but ONLY after i heard it start up and run (for that "one minute" they said they could only get to last).

I showed up, Tow Truck showed up 5 minutes after me, I was met by everyone, I said "let me hear it". They went and had the lead mechanic shoot some starter fluid into it, turned it over, it fired up, it ran, it started sputtering, they shut it off and said "that is how far we will take it"

I said "cool"... i'm taking my car back, waived over the tow truck driver, got it loaded up, went back inside while it was getting strapped down, service guy gave me a total of $2765. I said "NOPE" here's the $2500 i had agreed upon, you figure it out with your manager.

Tow truck and I left...

So guess what I did today...

FIXED IT and took it for a DRIVE !!

went and bought a new $90 fuel pump, got the "bad" gas siphoned out of the tank, replaced and installed the new one, took all of 2 hours. Started it right up. Drove my car around a little, let the injector cleaner do it's thing as it was still slightly sputtering, and then drove to the dealership, straight up to their pull in service center.

$1100 my ASS

Obviously my car is noticeable, and after all that had transpired over the last 2 weeks, everyone there was basically silent, low and behold guess who runs out of the building to great me - the service manager. He says "nice, you've got it running. what did you have to do ?"

my reply, "$90 Fuel Pump, a bottle of injector cleaner, and 2 hours out of my day"...

He said "well that is great, is there anything else we can do for you ?"

My last words to him and that place.... "Nope, Never again"

(** I got most everything on video too if anyone wants to see the reactions, the agreements, etc etc)

LEAVING THE TOYOTA SERVICE CENTER
    djTOY2000

• Now what I feel happened is that during the time when i was told i needed injectors, to 3 weeks later being told that i needed to have the head pulled and inspected because they felt i had valve damage - is that SOMEONE there did something wrong, and destroyed the head i had on there and then tried (did) put the damage back on me. Because how would it go from being told i needed injectors, to having to have the head repaired from bent valves ? i'm sorry, but valve chatter and clanking should be pretty damn noticeable when it is "running" to the point of only being told that i needed injectors....

Also, water only got into the fuel system because they let it sit outside all winter, uncovered, and where i relocated the fuel lid, being that it is not factory, water leaked into it, day after day after rainy day.... like i said, i "thought" i was getting taken care of and that i was in "good hands" as they said in regards to where and how my car was going to be stored while it was there - not pushed onto the side of the building where it sat for 3-4 months

$1100 for them to do what took me 2 hours to do on my own to get it back up and running, near perfect...

Never again will I go to that Toyota dealership, or ANY dealership to have a car serviced unless it is 100% a warranty issue that i pay $0.00 to have fixed.
    djTOY2000

• Did you tell them that maybe the condensation in your fuel was due to them having it sit for so long and that possible fuel dryer would have made all the fuel problems encountered moot.

I'm also in doubt about the other charges based on what you said, bolt sheered off and stopped running with rods bent like that typically you would have heard something if the timing belt didn't create a timing jump.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• chris98251 wrote:Did you tell them that maybe the condensation in your fuel was due to them having it sit for so long and that possible fuel dryer would have made all the fuel problems encountered moot.

I'm also in doubt about the other charges based on what you said, bolt sheered off and stopped running with rods bent like that typically you would have heard something if the timing belt didn't create a timing jump.

yeah i told them that the condensation/water in the tank was due to the neglect of it sitting outside, in the weather, and that i always have my car covered or in a garage for that reason alone if it is going to be for an extended amount of time or the weather turns shitty, BECAUSE of the relocated upper mounted SPARCO fuel lid...

as far as the bolt issue and what you are in doubt over...

when the car lost power and i grew concerned, it did so while at a higher RPM (while in "lift" at 6500-7000rpm - don't worry, redline/over reving happens at 8000+) it just "bogged out - no clanking, clunking, chatter upon getting it home, it just felt very "sluggish". It was the next time i attempted to drive it, that i couldn't even get it up to 2500rpm and back up and out of the driveway without it dying.

That's when i said to myself, "something is seriously wrong, park it".

this was the TSB bulletin i was given and found out about after my car went kaput and stopped running (well, barely had power)...

http://www.billswebspace.com/liftbolts.pdf

I pulled the valve cover, inspected mine after reading the bulletin, followed the steps to fix/replace, found the sheared one, couldn't extract the sheared part out of the bore, followed the more extensive tear down and took the old head off and found that the rocker shaft had spun and embedded and cracked the side of the head, thus needing the new head...

the new head i got was from a mechanic that worked at that Toyota dealership who said it had just been pulled from a Celica that had it's transmission replaced and that this head was inspected and was still in good shape.

Reason why i stopped midway through the head replacement on my own was because the belt tensioner (not cam chain), broke when re-installing. At that point was when i decided that i was way over my head and didn't want to risk damaging another head/engine because i had just gotten this replacement head from the mechanic for basically 1/2 price. I never started the car, never cranked anything over, just collected the parts up, put them in the trunk, and then trailered the celica to the dealership to let the mechanic who i got the head from continue the work.

Something went on with that mechanic because about a month after i brought the car in (when i brought in the new injectors), per Toyota, was that he was "currently not working" (but all his tools and equipment were still there, they just haven't had contact with him and did not know when he was returning)

At that point is when i think someone else picked up the slack/project, possibly started the car with it not being timed properly, or something not completed, and or also decided to be an ass and "let's hear the exhaust on this little fast and furious car" and over revved it and did the damage (bent valves, etc). Somebody, or something happened, during that month while it was in their possession that resulted in the bent valves - because at one point i was told i needed injectors and the car would be back up and tuned and on my way, to needing a head/valve job. Then they pinned it back on me. They attempted to charge me for it. I still would like to know, but probably never will. Once that happened, without any proof of anything they may have done, or as they said i did, i ended up having to pay the bill... (well, only paid $2500 instead of the near $5000 it would have been)
    djTOY2000

• Why I asked, losing compression would give you those systems, bent push rods and all make a hell of a noise when your not able to move off the cam and are crashing into the pistons was why I was asking. Sounds like they may have caused additional damage thus the delay and maybe why the old mechanic was um away on business.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• chris98251 wrote:Why I asked, losing compression would give you those systems, bent push rods and all make a hell of a noise when your not able to move off the cam and are crashing into the pistons was why I was asking. Sounds like they may have caused additional damage thus the delay and maybe why the old mechanic was um away on business.

yeah, i am almost certain extended damage was done while it was there. 99% certain.

i am contemplating, actually really thinking about contacting an attorney to fight for re-imbursment, i mean, this all stemmed from a little $0.54 bolt that was on a recall back in 2003 that i was never made aware of.

i also would like to get reimbursed for the damage done to the leather interior, my entire car is now needing to be treated for mold, as well as for the cosmetic damage done to the valve cover that was blasted and color matched to the car...

and it even gets better...

i had an Optima battery when it went in, does this look like a red top Optima to you ??

djTOY2000

• Damn, if you had anything else custom I would check to see if it was swapped for a cheaper version from Hoses to Stereo and speaker etc, anything hidden but quality that would not be noticed right away, they had time to tear everything apart and cover it back up.

That battery looks like one out of a wrecking yard if that's the dirt that was on it when they put it in.

Also given the custom nature of your car not taken the time to protect the custom paint no matter where is sure signs of neglect and not paying attention to stuff.

I had my Camaro towed and they scratched the paint, they tried to deny it and I pointed to the paint on their chains, did get it re painted but had to redo the pin stripping since they could not match it.

Again a case of not caring and or not paying attention and in a hurry to just get it done with.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• there was absolutely no stereo in it, nothing, not even a cheap head unit so no fear there. i think all that was left in it when i gutted it out to swap over into my truck was the RCA's, power/ground/remote wires.
    djTOY2000

• Brutal. I'd certainly speak with the GM first. Screw the sales manager, go to his boss. He may consult the owner. If that didn't get anywhere, I'd go right to Toyota corporate. Show them the pics. Tell them the story. I think they're the best bet to make it right. They would rather lose a little bit of money and make a happy customer than A.)piss off a Toyota owner B.)let that owner drag their name through the mud.

There should be a reason you go through the dealership and not a random garage.
    I'm fly
    I should be in the sky with birds
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

• My personal mechanic calls the local Subaru dealership to ask for the correct solenoid to order. Orders it, installs it, problem isn't fixed. I politely tell my mechanic that I'm taking it to the dealership. They fix it.

Next visit to my mechanic, he looks at the solenoid and goes, "That's not the one they told me to get." Calls a buddy of his in a different town and is told "Yeah there's no way they should have told you THAT solenoid. Part # isn't even close."

Could all have just been a mistake, but then I start hearing a couple similar experiences. I'm now pretty sure that dealership is deliberately giving bad advice to local mechanics in order to drive more business to them.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• I let and shared the stinkiest fart ever emitted from my body in a dealership.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• This is the type of thing that ruins the marketplace for all the mechanics who actually know what they are doing. You piss off a single person, statistics say they tell a minimum of ten about their issue. Great mechanic services nobody says a damn word about. Dealerships call it the cost of doing business to lose a customer, I call it career suicide.

The OP is also indicative of the difference between a dealership and a private shop. Higher overhead in a stealership means more potential charges for the same repairs. Sure, there are rip-off mechanics out there, but they don't last long in a given community. Folks, (psssst...) I'll tell you a secret. . .

Dealership mechanics are young and stupid, (for the most part). Fresh out of UTI with shiny tools they don't have a clue how to use a vacuum gauge or a multi-meter. They know ZERO about fundamental diagnoses, they do know how to follow flow charts and read code readers though. If their computer crashes and they can't access the mainframe that tells them how to fix it, they're toast. Privateers employ real mechanics with real diagnostic skills. Fixing a vehicle is ALL about the correct diagnosis. Fundamentals. :34853_doh:

A simple fuel pressure test would have confirmed your issue. (Forgive me if I skimmed your post and missed if that was checked). In my case, I would have been glad to see it was a simple issue and got you and your car outta there cheap. 9/10 of my clients don't even ask for an estimate any more, they just say "fix it".

Oh, and not to pour any fuel on your fire (pun... well... ) but I wouldn't put an Optima battery in my worst enemy's lawn mower. Biggest marketplace scam there is. Buy good old fashioned wet-cell batteries folks. Red top, yellow top... they all drain in a week of just keeping your stereo stations programmed. Don't drive every day? Don't buy an Optima. I know a few tow truck drivers who literally camp out at the airport parking garages just to give jumps.

No battery is jump-started, warrantied out, or replaced with an alternative more than an Optima battery. And they get almost $240 bucks for them over the counter. Worst battery you can possibly put in your vehicle. The Alternator rectifier bridge type AND the computer-controlled ignition/starting/charging systems are both engineered for wet-cell technology.

:141847_bnono:
    :les: Remembering "The Radish"...
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• I brag up my mechanic a lot he is not a dealer, he is semi retired Toyota Ford dealership experience certified , keeps all his certs up, builds classic rods and I mean 40's era. Has a Garage with electronic lifts and all they fancy diagnostic stuff. Thing is he backs everything, his shop rates are 50 percent of the market here. He is stacked up all the time and it's all word of mouth. Tells us to quit telling people about him sometimes so he can enjoy his semi retirement due to having so much back log. He may not turn stuff as fast as a multi stall dealership but he is straight with you, will tell you what's wrong, what you can get by with and if your short cash or if a part is way over priced for the value of the car will do a pick a part search for you and let you know where you can grab one and what to look for on it to make sure it's good.

Good guy .

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• chris98251 wrote:I brag up my mechanic a lot he is not a dealer, he is semi retired Toyota Ford dealership experience certified , keeps all his certs up, builds classic rods and I mean 40's era. Has a Garage with electronic lifts and all they fancy diagnostic stuff. Thing is he backs everything, his shop rates are 50 percent of the market here. He is stacked up all the time and it's all word of mouth. Tells us to quit telling people about him sometimes so he can enjoy his semi retirement due to having so much back log. He may not turn stuff as fast as a multi stall dealership but he is straight with you, will tell you what's wrong, what you can get by with and if your short cash or if a part is way over priced for the value of the car will do a pick a part search for you and let you know where you can grab one and what to look for on it to make sure it's good.

Good guy .

Awesome.

Sounds exactly like the guy that wears my clothes and sleeps with my wife.

But he worked for a GM dealership back in the days of carburetors... :180670:

Lots of shops will not let you bring in your own parts. If I didn't, I'd be homeless. I do a lot of jobs I only make the labor on, as they are mods and/or upgrades that dudes don't know how to install themselves or just want a pro to do. Stuff gets dumped on the floor by FedEx and the client says "Put it on man! I wanna burn some rubber!"
    :les: Remembering "The Radish"...
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Staff Alumni *

It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:50 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information