Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Race (movie)

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Race (movie)
Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:59 pm
  • Excellent flick, highly recommended (saw it yesterday).

If you don't know, it's the story of Jesse Owens who won 4 golds in Berlin in the '36 Olympics thus shoving Hitler and the rest of the Nazis' Aryan master race bullshit squarely up their asses. Owens was black and though the Nazis hated Jews the worst, blacks and gypsies weren't far behind.
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Ring Of Honor

Re: Race (movie)
Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:19 pm
  • Good story but I personally thought the movie was extremely boring.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:27 pm
  • I haven't seen Race, but from what I've read and seen it looks to be in the same vein as 42, more pandering, generic and safe biopic.

Which is fine, but if you're making a movie about famous people that we already know, like Jackie Robinson or Jesse Owens...........you gotta come stronger than just a generic portrayal with soft edges.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:55 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:I haven't seen Race, but from what I've read and seen it looks to be in the same vein as 42, more pandering, generic and safe biopic.

Which is fine, but if you're making a movie about famous people that we already know, like Jackie Robinson or Jesse Owens...........you gotta come stronger than just a generic portrayal with soft edges.

42 was awful.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:01 pm
  • Seanhawk wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:I haven't seen Race, but from what I've read and seen it looks to be in the same vein as 42, more pandering, generic and safe biopic.

42 was awful.

I liked both movies. Despite telling well known history, to me they were better than yet another Star Wars, Batman, Superman, etc., etc......sequel. *shrug*
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:33 pm
  • hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
    Seanhawk wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:I haven't seen Race, but from what I've read and seen it looks to be in the same vein as 42, more pandering, generic and safe biopic.

42 was awful.

I liked both movies. Despite telling well known history, to me they were better than yet another Star Wars, Batman, Superman, etc., etc......sequel. *shrug*

Sorry, but I'm not that interested in White Guilt: The Movie - Part 58.
    RIP Paul Allen, 1953-2018

The greatest owner in Seattle sports history.

189-152-1
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:22 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information