Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Worth a shot, budget android problems...?

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Worth a shot, budget android problems...?
Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:21 pm
  • So I got an inconsistent Alcatel A521L Pop Star 2 LTE (Android 4.4.4), and it has some odd issues...

There are two problems that have driven me insane about this phone. If it weren't for these, it's a great phone and having got it for $40 was a great deal.

Anyway, first problem is it has always been very hard to get my PC to see it as storage. I'm not a novice and even set as a media device, it will often not show either the internal storage or the SD card, no matter what you do on the PC. It seems to show up more often with debugging on, but often fails to allow access to storage even then. This happens with different cords that work fine consistently with other phones. No clue why this would be and have searched all over for answers and gotten nothing. I even have done one factory reset and the problem remains. Anyone have a clue?

The second problem relates to music on my SD card using the basic music program of the phone (NOT Google Play Music). I have certain songs that disappear, while playing the playlist, and I have to rescan the media to get them back, but it keeps happening and it's always the same songs that go missing. So another stumper, and I wonder if the two problems might be related?

Anyway, the last thing, I'd like to root the phone, but have tried two root suites to no avail. Any help in this are would be appreciated as well. Thanks.
    SeAhAwKeR4life
    NET Veteran

• SeAhAwKeR4life wrote:So I got an inconsistent Alcatel A521L Pop Star 2 LTE (Android 4.4.4), and it has some odd issues...

There are two problems that have driven me insane about this phone. If it weren't for these, it's a great phone and having got it for $40 was a great deal.

Anyway, first problem is it has always been very hard to get my PC to see it as storage. I'm not a novice and even set as a media device, it will often not show either the internal storage or the SD card, no matter what you do on the PC. It seems to show up more often with debugging on, but often fails to allow access to storage even then. This happens with different cords that work fine consistently with other phones. No clue why this would be and have searched all over for answers and gotten nothing. I even have done one factory reset and the problem remains. Anyone have a clue?

The second problem relates to music on my SD card using the basic music program of the phone (NOT Google Play Music). I have certain songs that disappear, while playing the playlist, and I have to rescan the media to get them back, but it keeps happening and it's always the same songs that go missing. So another stumper, and I wonder if the two problems might be related?

Anyway, the last thing, I'd like to root the phone, but have tried two root suites to no avail. Any help in this are would be appreciated as well. Thanks.

Get a non shite phone.
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

• OkieHawk wrote:
    SeAhAwKeR4life wrote:So I got an inconsistent Alcatel A521L Pop Star 2 LTE (Android 4.4.4), and it has some odd issues...

Get a non shite phone.

This.
    There was this monkey, right?
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

• Yeah thanks. Knew I shouldn't have bothered asking.

For one, it's not something I can afford to spend a lot on, nor would any of the phones you idiots probably think I should have meet my requirements.

Just like with tablets, I prefer a plastic screen, so my choices are quite limited. I probably will pickup an LG Sunset as my next phone, because LG also makes plastic screens. I'm a biker and a mechanic, and my phones get dropped on concrete, sometimes face down on wrenches, fairly regularly. Even with the best of protective cases, they break if they have glass screens, These plastic ones last. I probably will buy LG next time cuz I have better luck with them in the past, but it was a Christmas sale and my first 4G device.

Thanks for absolutely nothing BTW.
    SeAhAwKeR4life
    NET Veteran

• SeAhAwKeR4life wrote:Yeah thanks. Knew I shouldn't have bothered asking.

For one, it's not something I can afford to spend a lot on, nor would any of the phones you idiots probably think I should have meet my requirements.

Just like with tablets, I prefer a plastic screen, so my choices are quite limited. I probably will pickup an LG Sunset as my next phone, because LG also makes plastic screens. I'm a biker and a mechanic, and my phones get dropped on concrete, sometimes face down on wrenches, fairly regularly. Even with the best of protective cases, they break if they have glass screens, These plastic ones last. I probably will buy LG next time cuz I have better luck with them in the past, but it was a Christmas sale and my first 4G device.

Thanks for absolutely nothing BTW.

You're welcome.
    There was this monkey, right?
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

• Mistashoesta wrote:http://www.skyneel.com/2015/05/download-latest-alcatel-usb-drivers.html

If that doesn't work, you could try...

Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran

• viewtopic.php?t=124363#p1850902

I think it's currently the thread just below this one,or close anyway.
    ITS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN !
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

• The key word is budget.

If you use Consumer Cellular you can get a very good plan cheap. Also they have some pretty good phones for around $100.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:38 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information