Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Deadpool

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Deadpool
Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:26 am
  • Pretty damn good..........not quite the redefining genre bending movie a lot of people have claimed it to be. But from beginning to end non stop irreverence, lol's and action. Very satisfying.

I also love seeing superhero movies that don't take themselves too seriously, which is why Guardians of the Galaxy and Deadpool have been my favorite by far of the Marvel movies over the past 10 years.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Re: Deadpool
Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:41 am
  • The scene between him and Colossus on the highway had me and the wife lolling non stop. Definitely a great movie for Marvel fans; I actually went in expecting it to be horrible and was pleasantly surprised.
    City Of Reign
    NET Starter

Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:00 am
  • City Of Reign wrote:The scene between him and Colossus on the highway had me and the wife lolling non stop. Definitely a great movie for Marvel fans; I actually went in expecting it to be horrible and was pleasantly surprised.

The hook of the movie was Reynolds.................and for as bad as he was in Green Lantern, he totally redeemed himself in Deadpool. Great casting, he found the perfect balance of one liners yet half his jokes were self deprecating, so it made him extremely likable. This sort of act can wear thin if not for the self deprecation, so big ups to Reynolds and the writers.

If you've seen the movie, here's all the Easter Eggs, and there were a LOT.

I also forgot how hot Morena Baccarin was, rawr.

Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:58 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    City Of Reign wrote:The scene between him and Colossus on the highway had me and the wife lolling non stop. Definitely a great movie for Marvel fans; I actually went in expecting it to be horrible and was pleasantly surprised.

The hook of the movie was Reynolds.................and for as bad as he was in Green Lantern, he totally redeemed himself in Deadpool. Great casting, he found the perfect balance of one liners yet half his jokes were self deprecating, so it made him extremely likable. This sort of act can wear thin if not for the self deprecation, so big ups to Reynolds and the writers.

I read that Reynolds had actually been trying to get the part for seven years and this was kind of his baby. The studio wouldn't make the film because they didn't think it would do well after initially covering enough for test footage, and they could have been right at the time. Guardians definitely did this movie some favours. Look forward to seeing it.

I believe it only had around a $60m budget too, and trebled that on the opening weekend.
    "I knocked you on your ass tho, that's all I'm sayin'. And imma do it again! Imma continue to do it. Imma do it again, Imma do it again and again!" Kam Chancellor.
    SomersetHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:23 pm
  • SomersetHawk wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    City Of Reign wrote:The scene between him and Colossus on the highway had me and the wife lolling non stop. Definitely a great movie for Marvel fans; I actually went in expecting it to be horrible and was pleasantly surprised.

I read that Reynolds had actually been trying to get the part for seven years and this was kind of his baby. The studio wouldn't make the film because they didn't think it would do well after initially covering enough for test footage, and they could have been right at the time. Guardians definitely did this movie some favours. Look forward to seeing it.

I believe it only had around a $60m budget too, and trebled that on the opening weekend.

Yep, they also took a chance on the director Tim Miller..........who's only real movie was Scott Pilgrim vs the World. Before that it was only a couple shorts.

Hopefully you're right, and the studios will start taking more chances, and not just keep letting Zack Snyder make crappy movies.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:31 pm
  • This movie was a ton of fun to watch. My favorite of the Marvel series so far.

Morena Baccarin is definitely surface of the sun hot.
    The Internet, a tool of vast knowledge used as a WWE - Days of Our Lives mashup. Oh humankind how I weep for thee.
    Jiggy
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:25 pm
  • I left work an hour early to hook up with the wife to see this movie. We were both really looking forward to it. Then we both left the theater saying "did we miss something?". I said to my wife "That could have waited 'till HBO, huh?", and she agreed, probably more than me. Do we just need to be more into Marvel stuff? It seemed very short in length and short on substance. Maybe it's one of those movies I need to watch again in the comfort of my home for me to appreciate what everyone else seemed to think was so great about it. Kinda like the Austin Powers movies. First time I watched the original, I said "How frickin' Stupid!". Then I watched it again with the right mindset, and it was hilarious for some reason. I dunno. I'm just bummed 'cause I'd heard such good things about it. Oh well.
    "Tackling is an attitude. You have to want to." Kam Chancellor

RIP Les
    :les:
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:06 pm
  • Comic burn-out. Ever since X-Men came out in 2000, there's been about 50 DC/Marvel movies alone, and it's mostly the same formula with different characters. Give it a rest, Hollywood. The only ones I've enjoyed are Batman and Dredd, probably because they're more grounded in reality, but I'm not a huge comic nerd. Even then, the genre is being completely over-saturated to the point that it makes Disney's merchandising for The Force Awakens look reserved.
    253hawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:13 pm
  • 253hawk wrote:Comic burn-out. Ever since X-Men came out in 2000, there's been about 50 DC/Marvel movies alone, and it's mostly the same formula with different characters. Give it a rest, Hollywood. The only ones I've enjoyed are Batman and Dredd, probably because they're more grounded in reality, but I'm not a huge comic nerd. Even then, the genre is being completely over-saturated to the point that it makes Disney's merchandising for The Force Awakens look reserved.

Dredd was amazing, mainly because it is a lesser character (to some extent) and it held true to it's roots. Deadpool does the same, it keeps the irreverence that is DP and kept to a true R rating. Most of the other comic movies deviate from the original too much simply to cash in on name recognition.
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:20 am
  • 253hawk wrote:Comic burn-out. Ever since X-Men came out in 2000, there's been about 50 DC/Marvel movies alone, and it's mostly the same formula with different characters. Give it a rest, Hollywood. The only ones I've enjoyed are Batman and Dredd, probably because they're more grounded in reality, but I'm not a huge comic nerd. Even then, the genre is being completely over-saturated to the point that it makes Disney's merchandising for The Force Awakens look reserved.

I totally agree with you, I reached Marvel critical mass two Avenger, one Captain America and the 8th Spiderman reboot in 10 years ago.

But Deadpool is a different animal, more in the vein of Guardians of the Galaxy, which IMO are the two best Marvel movies ever. Perfect tone and level of fun. You guys remember fun right? It's what superhero movies are suppose to be, not all emo angsty and serious.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:28 am
  • Winter Soldier was dope though, and I can't wait to watch Captain America take a sniper bullet to the brain in Civil War and hear all the unsuspecting people gasp in horror.
    "...and now they got a bicycle!"
    Sac
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:34 am
  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:Winter Soldier was dope though, and I can't wait to watch Captain America take a sniper bullet to the brain in Civil War and hear all the unsuspecting people gasp in horror.

Did the Avengers explain how Captain America found his way to modern times? Dude's suppose to be killing Nazi's in 1940, not fighting aliens in 2015.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:52 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    SacHawk2.0 wrote:Winter Soldier was dope though, and I can't wait to watch Captain America take a sniper bullet to the brain in Civil War and hear all the unsuspecting people gasp in horror.

Did the Avengers explain how Captain America found his way to modern times? Dude's suppose to be killing Nazi's in 1940, not fighting aliens in 2015.

Yes, same as in the comic, he was unfrozen.
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:58 am
  • OkieHawk wrote:
    253hawk wrote:Comic burn-out. Ever since X-Men came out in 2000, there's been about 50 DC/Marvel movies alone, and it's mostly the same formula with different characters. Give it a rest, Hollywood. The only ones I've enjoyed are Batman and Dredd, probably because they're more grounded in reality, but I'm not a huge comic nerd. Even then, the genre is being completely over-saturated to the point that it makes Disney's merchandising for The Force Awakens look reserved.

Dredd was amazing, mainly because it is a lesser character (to some extent) and it held true to it's roots. Deadpool does the same, it keeps the irreverence that is DP and kept to a true R rating. Most of the other comic movies deviate from the original too much simply to cash in on name recognition.

Agree on Dredd, such a sleeper hit, didn't get enough notariety. Maybe people still remember this piece of shit with Rob Schneider and Sly Stallone? I dunno. Hope they make another movie with Urban in the lead role. 2000 AD was an underrated comic, in my opinion.
    There was this monkey, right?
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:01 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:
    Agree on Dredd, such a sleeper hit, didn't get enough notariety. Maybe people still remember this piece of shit with Rob Schneider and Sly Stallone? I dunno. Hope they make another movie with Urban in the lead role. 2000 AD was an underrated comic, in my opinion.

Urban was Dredd, much like Jane was The Punisher. Sadly, I don't see another Dredd being made, which is a damn shame.
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:14 am
  • So many movies I want to see, but just no time to see them anymore. Where do ya'll find the time?
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:32 am
  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:Winter Soldier was dope though, and I can't wait to watch Captain America take a sniper bullet to the brain in Civil War and hear all the unsuspecting people gasp in horror.

Agent Carter did it.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:40 am
  • Jiggy wrote:
    Morena Baccarin is definitely surface of the sun hot.

Wife made me sit through the "V" reboot a few years ago. Looking at her hotness sure made each long, boring episode a little more tolerable.
    "The past is a foreign country: they do things differently there."---LP Hartley
    Trenchbroom
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:12 am
  • fenderbender123 wrote:So many movies I want to see, but just no time to see them anymore. Where do ya'll find the time?

I learned time management years ago.
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:20 am
    SacHawk2.0 wrote:Winter Soldier was dope though, and I can't wait to watch Captain America take a sniper bullet to the brain in Civil War and hear all the unsuspecting people gasp in horror.

Agent Carter did it.

Crossbones did it.
    Sac
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:22 am
  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:

Agent Carter did it.

Crossbones did it.

Pffft, balls. Fight me right now.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:23 am
  • fenderbender123 wrote:So many movies I want to see, but just no time to see them anymore. Where do ya'll find the time?

Stay up late, get up early, play hookie any chance you get. Make doing awesome, fun shit your second job.
    Image Always been a Seahawks fan
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:47 pm
    SacHawk2.0 wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:

Agent Carter did it.

Crossbones did it.

Pffft, balls. Fight me right now.

:fight:
    Sac
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:52 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:
    fenderbender123 wrote:So many movies I want to see, but just no time to see them anymore. Where do ya'll find the time?

Stay up late, get up early, play hookie any chance you get. Make doing awesome, fun shit your second job.

I usually just watch movies while I sleep. That way I can say I've seen them while still having an excuse for not talking about them.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:55 pm
  • OkieHawk wrote:much like Jane was The Punisher.

I actually really enjoyed Dolph Lundgren's Punisher.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:20 pm
  • fenderbender123 wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:
    fenderbender123 wrote:So many movies I want to see, but just no time to see them anymore. Where do ya'll find the time?

I usually just watch movies while I sleep. That way I can say I've seen them while still having an excuse for not talking about them.

Well it's efficient, if nothing else.
    Image Always been a Seahawks fan
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:56 pm
  • Thought it was really good. Considering a 10 am showing tomorrow as well.

No idea how people would walk away from this not having been entertained.
    Adopt A Rookie: Nick Vannett, TE - Ohio State University
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:08 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    OkieHawk wrote:much like Jane was The Punisher.

That's because you have no taste.
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:42 am
  • OkieHawk wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:
    OkieHawk wrote:much like Jane was The Punisher.

That's because you have no taste.

One look at his fiancé confirms this.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:01 pm
  • Though I haven't seen it yet, I agree with some of the replies.

Some Marvel (and DC) characters just are not PG-13 material. It's why I liked the last Wolverine movie (uncut version). That character is a no-holds-barred, beer/whiskey drinking, cigar smoking, cusses like a sailor ass-kicker. Show the character for what they are, flawed, yet decent.
    taz291819
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:01 am
  • taz291819 wrote:Though I haven't seen it yet, I agree with some of the replies.

Some Marvel (and DC) characters just are not PG-13 material. It's why I liked the last Wolverine movie (uncut version). That character is a no-holds-barred, beer/whiskey drinking, cigar smoking, cusses like a sailor ass-kicker. Show the character for what they are, flawed, yet decent.

I think that's why Marvel wants to make the next Wolverine movie an "R" rated movie.

They're realizing what fans want IS the real character, not some watered down PG version to appeal to a larger demographic. Marvel superheroes in general ARE grittier R rated type flawed superheroes...........that's WHY fans read those comics over the more golly gee straight laced DC superhero comics.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:38 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    taz291819 wrote:Though I haven't seen it yet, I agree with some of the replies.

I think that's why Marvel wants to make the next Wolverine movie an "R" rated movie.

They're realizing what fans want IS the real character, not some watered down PG version to appeal to a larger demographic. Marvel superheroes in general ARE grittier R rated type flawed superheroes...........that's WHY fans read those comics over the more golly gee straight laced DC superhero comics.

Marvel isn't the one deciding to make Wolverine III rated R, that's coming from Fox.
    http://comicbook.com/2016/02/16/wolveri ... -r-rating/
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:49 pm
  • SeatownJay wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

Marvel isn't the one deciding to make Wolverine III rated R, that's coming from Fox.

I would think that's because Fox owns the rights. I could be wrong though.
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:11 pm
  • SeatownJay wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

I just meant "they" decided, Marvel, Fox, both, whatever.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:36 am
  • Laloosh wrote:Thought it was really good. Considering a 10 am showing tomorrow as well.

No idea how people would walk away from this not having been entertained.

Lack of sense of humor.
    BASF
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:11 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information