Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Just cuz I want to brag....

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Just cuz I want to brag....
Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:27 am
  • And cuz it feels amazing and awesome; today is my 8th day as a non smoker again! To be fair, I'm not nicotine free, as I called 1-800-QUIT-NOW, and got free patches, and though I almost never use it I do own a V2 e-cig (cuz I don't much like it).

So it's been pretty much just patches, maybe 5-10 puffs off that thing a day, and I plan to cut that out by the time I step down patches. The only time I miss the cigs is in the morning with coffee.

I had quit at about age 27 and lasted till I was about 43, but a stressful time came about and it started wth cigars, till I was once again a confirmed 2+ pack a day guy, though at today's prices I was stuffing my own smokes.

But now I have not had even a drag in over a week and it's totally awesome. :mrgreen:
    SeAhAwKeR4life
    NET Veteran

Re: Just cuz I want to brag....
Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:38 am
  • Congrats!

My wife is now 4 months without a cigarette thanks to her JUUL. If you want a high quality E-cig system (we tried other E-cigs and vapes but each of them broke within the first month of use) I recommend it. It's expensive (each cartridge costs close to a pack of cigarettes for about two packs worth of smoking for her) but it's slick, easy, clean and reliable. She's down to only using it for her morning coffee and the few times we go out to the bar and she hopes to wean herself off of nicotine completely by the end of the year.
    "The past is a foreign country: they do things differently there."---LP Hartley
    Trenchbroom
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:39 am
  • Congratulations....kicking habits is so very hard to do (as you do know). Good luck as you continue your path to being a permanent non-smoker.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:53 am
  • Naw, I don't wanna vape. I just have it because the first patch is like 1 pk of smokes, so it's a way to cut down just a bit more gradually. I'm finding though that with the patch, and pretty much no vaping, I am able to focus. Cold turkey I literally get so frazzled I can't sit through a half hour sitcom without losing concentration. The patches make this easy.

And coffee is still awesome without smokes....
    SeAhAwKeR4life
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:36 am
  • If a headcase like me can quit after 40+ years, anybody can. Like most things, it just takes the doing.

I used the patch for two weeks(?) but my skin became sore, then I just said screw it. No Mas. Feb 22, will be 14 yrs for me.

Aren't I wonderful!! LOL!

BTW: My fat ass still has the hand-to-mouth addiction. :(
    Last edited by LymonHawk on Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
    In the clearing stands a boxer and a fighter by his trade.........

Paulie S.
    LymonHawk
    * El Primo *

Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:37 am
  • Congrats...I hear quitting smoking is one of the hardest addictions to break. Keep it up!

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:42 am
  • LymonHawk wrote:If a headcase like me can quit after 40+ years, anybody can. Like most things, it just takes the doing.

I used the patch for two weeks(?) but my skin became sore, then I just said screw it. No Mas. Feb 22, will be 14 yrs for me.

Watch the language, old man. :141847_bnono:
    Last edited by peachesenregalia on Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    There was this monkey, right?
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:37 am
  • I've never smoked that shit but know it's a struggle to quit so good on you to rid the world of one less polluter and one less early death.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:01 pm
  • peachesenregalia wrote:
    LymonHawk wrote:If a headcase like me can quit after 40+ years, anybody can. Like most things, it just takes the doing.

Ooops! Thanks for the heads-up. Didn't realize which forum I was in. :oops:
    In the clearing stands a boxer and a fighter by his trade.........

Paulie S.
    LymonHawk
    * El Primo *

Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:11 pm
  • LymonHawk wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:
    LymonHawk wrote:If a headcase like me can quit after 40+ years, anybody can. Like most things, it just takes the doing.

Ooops! Thanks for the heads-up. Didn't realize which forum I was in. :oops:

Just don't let it happen again, ok?
    There was this monkey, right?
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:30 pm
  • Been over 9 years since I put any nicotine in my body after 32 years as a cig smoker and/or chew user. Hardest thing I've ever done. Best thing I've ever done for myself.

I used Chantix and it did a great job making me truly no longer interested in smoking after like two weeks. You stay on it for like two months which is long enough to flush the nicotine out of your system but then the psychological battle just starts. It was about a year before the urge to smoke started really diminishing. That's not to say it was there all the time, and it varied in strength but after year one it got much better for me.

I know I'll never go back again because I believe I was fortunate and dodged any health issues from it (don't even have mild COPD) and because I don't want to have to go through quitting again.

I wish you all the luck in getting and staying nicotine free. It is the devil.
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:53 am
  • Good on you! Keep it up!
    “If somebody thinks they're a hedgehog, presumably you just give them a mirror and a few pictures of hedgehogs and tell them to sort it out for themselves.”
    Vetamur
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:31 pm
  • It doesn't count if you roll up the patches and smoke them...
    FREE PEHAWK
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:34 am
  • LymonHawk wrote:If a headcase like me can quit after 40+ years, anybody can. Like most things, it just takes the doing.

14 years... Congrats, man. My dad quit after 40+. It got us another year with him.

To the OP, keep it up.
    Rob12
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:32 pm
  • Hey brag all you want. Does not bother me at all! :D
    [i]Fall Leaves!![/u]
    Passepartout
    NET Rookie

Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:27 pm
  • I quit with an ecig that I still use to this day, nicotine is not really the bad guy here its the 4,000 other things in cigs that really kill you. Party on, to each there own, I can run again, I can work out again, I can do things I had not been able to for 30 years of smoking. You say it's stupid but it worked for me even using 18mg nicotine today.
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:02 am
  • Reading about you guys that have quit after so many years of smoking makes me want a cig even more because I know how difficult it will be for me when I do get around to trying to stop! :34853_doh:

I have no hope.......lol.

Congrats to all of you who found their way! I've never had a problem stopping anything, a behavior, a substance or an attitude when I knew it was time to let go. But smoking is a monkey I just can't seem to get off my back. To the point I don't even want to try.

** Edit** ^ I couldn't quit .net even if I wanted to. I love you guys!!......lol..... :179417:
    samwize77
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:14 am
  • samwize77 wrote:Reading about you guys that have quit after so many years of smoking makes me want a cig even more because I know how difficult it will be for me when I do get around to trying to stop! :34853_doh:

I have no hope.......lol.

Congrats to all of you who found their way! I've never had a problem stopping anything, a behavior, a substance or an attitude when I knew it was time to let go. But smoking is a monkey I just can't seem to get off my back. To the point I don't even want to try.

** Edit** ^ I couldn't quit .net even if I wanted to. I love you guys!!......lol..... :179417:

Yeah there are 2 things I will not give up my addictions to, coffee and the Seattle Seahawks.
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:52 am
  • 32 years and counting for me.. My question to all of you is what made you start? There is literally no logical reason or argument for it... It's disgusting, expensive, can kill you, smells awful.. The list goes on.
    Ambrose83
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:44 am
  • Ambrose83 wrote:32 years and counting for me.. My question to all of you is what made you start? There is literally no logical reason or argument for it... It's disgusting, expensive, can kill you, smells awful.. The list goes on.

Always the best question and of course there's no logical answer. Usually when a person starts they're a teen and of course think their invincible and/or won't get addicted. I suppose it's a matter of rebelling or something stupid like that. I know I was always fascinated by it.
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:49 pm
  • Congrats man, i quit smoking about little more than a year ago . Its just not good for you.
    RussB
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:33 pm
  • Congratulations, definitely worth bragging about.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:58 pm
  • 17 days today. :mrgreen:

Not vaping either.

Though it might be time to buy stock in Seattle's Best.
    SeAhAwKeR4life
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:52 pm
  • SeAhAwKeR4life wrote:17 days today. :mrgreen:

Not vaping either.

Though it might be time to buy stock in Seattle's Best.

Keep going and don't give in to the monkey when he tells you just one will be OK.
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:58 pm
  • No I've been there....

As I said, it's not my first time quit. At one point it was like 15 years, essentially probably why I don't (yet) have COPD. I feel too good to start. Had a virus a month and a half ago, ended up with bronchitis, but it's completely resolved. No cough, no nothing, just clear breathing.
    SeAhAwKeR4life
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:24 am
  • Congrats. I'm coming up on 6 years quit (and 11 of the last 12) myself. It's so easy to fall back into those old habits if you're not careful, and it took a diagnosis of adult-onset asthma for me to finally put it to rest for good. Even so, there are times - very few and far between - where I'll be doing something and think, "Oh, I kinda want a cigarette right now." The urge is never enough to get me to have one, but it's noticeable.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:05 pm
  • 4 years for me in July. My wife and both quit cold turkey the day we found out she was pregnant with our first child. Now neither one of us can believe that we ever smoked.
    "Hell no! I wanna go get my rang!"
    Seahawks1983
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:25 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information