Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

The "What my Awesome Partner Just Fixed For Me" Thread

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Okay, here it is, new life-activity thread:

Pics will yield extra bonus points, but...

Tell us about the contents of plate of food, that the significant other just plopped down in front of your tired and hungry self and said, "here you go, hope you like it!"

I'll go first:

Three younger baked potatoes, with sour cream and sharp American cheese topped on the pre-sliced, lightly seasoned, and steaming spuds of beauty. A nice portion of crinkle-cut sliced carrots in real butter. Two larger battered cod filets (prob from the freezer into the mic) along with healthy dollop of her homemade tarter sauce.

Presentation was amazing, plus I got a kiss on the cheek as the delivery occurred. It'll all be washed down with a Coors Original Banquet.

Beat that, my friends in Hawk.

:mrgreen:
    :les: Remembering "The Radish"...
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• HoustonHawk82 wrote:Okay, here it is, new life-activity thread:

Tell us about the contents of plate of food, that the significant other just plopped down in front of your tired and hungry self and said, "here you go, hope you like it!"

I'll go first:

Three younger baked potatoes, with sour cream and sharp American cheese topped on the pre-sliced, lightly seasoned, and steaming spuds of beauty. A nice portion of crinkle-cut sliced carrots in real butter. Two larger battered cod filets (prob from the freezer into the mic) along with healthy dollop of her homemade tarter sauce.

Presentation was amazing, plus I got a kiss on the cheek as the delivery occurred. It'll all be washed down with a Coors Original Banquet.

Is it your birthday???? 8)
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• That's a negative, Sir.

Hers isn't for four months, anniversary is in March.
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Have you checked your bank account lately?
    Adopt A Rookie: Nick Vannett, TE - Ohio State University
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

• Laloosh wrote:Have you checked HER bank account lately?

Cause you know he has nothing.....She has it all....FIFY.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• Truffle butter
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

• Wrong beer my friend. Minus two points. Plus one point though for cheese AND sour cream on baked spuds (bacon bits would've been good for one more). Otherwise excellent
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Ring Of Honor

• HoustonHawk82 wrote:Okay, here it is, new life-activity thread:

I'll go first:

Well, my cat did bring me a dead mole....does that count?
    In the clearing stands a boxer and a fighter by his trade.........

Paulie S.
    LymonHawk
    * El Primo *

• LymonHawk wrote:
    HoustonHawk82 wrote:Okay, here it is, new life-activity thread:

I'll go first:

But did it bring sour cream and shredded cheese with it?
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Ring Of Honor

• hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
    LymonHawk wrote:
    HoustonHawk82 wrote:Okay, here it is, new life-activity thread:

I'll go first:

But did it bring sour cream and shredded cheese with it?

Fortunately, no. My cat cares enough about me not to want my arteries to become more clogged than they already are!

Paulie S.
    LymonHawk
    * El Primo *

• In a weird co-incidence my cat brought me a half dead mouse last night. My wife decided to pop it into a shoe box with some food to see if it would recover

Checked it this morning and surprise surprise no mouse in the box. Nibbled it's way out by making one of the air holes a little bit bigger

I'm hoping that's it's found it's own way out
    UK Seahawk since 25 November 1984
    retro74
    NET Practice Squad

• How this thread about my wife's cooking turned into a thread about what the cat just drug in, I'll never know.

However, I think a metaphor resides in here somewhere.
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• HoustonHawk82 wrote:How this thread about my wife's cooking turned into a thread about what the cat just drug in, I'll never know.

Don't you realize that to some folks on this board, their cat IS their significant other? Sheesh!

Perhaps the better question is; Why is your wife trying to harden your arteries? Think about that one. :mrgreen:
    Last edited by LymonHawk on Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paulie S.
    LymonHawk
    * El Primo *

• Just to update further my wife's friend said the rogue mouse would be behind the fridge freezer

I pulled it out and sure enough it was sat there looking scared

I have now released it back into the wild
    UK Seahawk since 25 November 1984
    retro74
    NET Practice Squad

• I sure wish I could play. My wife does NOT cook. I do.

She did when we first got married, and then it just trailed off over the years after she
    learned I could cook and enjoy it. Not that I WANT to do a lot of cooking, but that's
    the way life turned out.
    enjoy the ride
    HomerJHawk
    NET Veteran

• She gets jazzed over cooking, so she tries to do the June Cleaver thing as much as she can.

Yes, I am one lucky dude.
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• LymonHawk wrote:
    HoustonHawk82 wrote:How this thread about my wife's cooking turned into a thread about what the cat just drug in, I'll never know.

Don't you realize that to some folks on this board, their cat IS their significant other? Sheesh!

Perhaps the better question is; Why is your wife trying to harden your arteries? Think about that one. :mrgreen:

My cat is not my significant other...I am my cat's significant slave. She meows, I jump...sometimes ask How High?? She tells me she wants food, I get her a mouse. She says not that, I get her some Pate'. So far, I dont need to cook her food like filet mignon yet. She is reading this as I type it too.....oops. dangit.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• Seahawkfan80 wrote:
    LymonHawk wrote:
    HoustonHawk82 wrote:How this thread about my wife's cooking turned into a thread about what the cat just drug in, I'll never know.

My cat is not my significant other...I am my cat's significant slave. She meows, I jump...sometimes ask How High?? She tells me she wants food, I get her a mouse. She says not that, I get her some Pate'. So far, I dont need to cook her food like filet mignon yet. She is reading this as I type it too.....oops. dangit.

I was afraid you'd find my post...LOL!

Paulie S.
    LymonHawk
    * El Primo *

• This morning (her day off), I have been the blessed recipient of poached (farm-fresh) eggs, laid upon lightly-toasted and buttered Thomas' English Muffins. No Hollandaise, but that stuff is tough to get correct. A little salt & pepper completed that entrée. Then we had three strips up that thickly-sliced bacon cooked so it is still a bit rubbery. I hate crispy bacon that gets all gravely along your gums when chewed. I like my bacon soft, not crunchy. Finally, a nice glass of perfectly chilled and properly-pulped orange juice to wash it all down with. I am left nourished, and far from wanting.

(* lights a Marlboro Smooth cigarette, takes a long drag, exhales into the crisp morning air, returns to keyboard...*)

I have awarded her 3 Brownie Points for her efforts this morning. I love that woman. She will receive one of my special "sessions" later tonight. She will enjoy it.
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Would taste even better if you quit smoking. (speaking from experience)
    Adopt A Rookie: Nick Vannett, TE - Ohio State University
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

• HoustonHawk82 wrote:This morning (her day off), I have been the blessed recipient of poached (farm-fresh) eggs, laid upon lightly-toasted and buttered Thomas' English Muffins. No Hollandaise, but that stuff is tough to get correct. A little salt & pepper completed that entrée. Then we had three strips up that thickly-sliced bacon cooked so it is still a bit rubbery. I hate crispy bacon that gets all gravely along your gums when chewed. I like my bacon soft, not crunchy. Finally, a nice glass of perfectly chilled and properly-pulped orange juice to wash it all down with. I am left nourished, and far from wanting.

(* lights a Marlboro Smooth cigarette, takes a long drag, exhales into the crisp morning air, returns to keyboard...*)

I have awarded her 3 Brownie Points for her efforts this morning. I love that woman. She will receive one of my special "sessions" later tonight. She will enjoy it.

So your woman has you on a high cholesterol, high sodium, high fat, diet; and allows you to do nicotine in the house.

Hmmmm....Has she also upped your Life Insurance lately? :twisted:

Paulie S.
    LymonHawk
    * El Primo *

• LymonHawk wrote:
    HoustonHawk82 wrote:This morning (her day off), I have been the blessed recipient of poached (farm-fresh) eggs, laid upon lightly-toasted and buttered Thomas' English Muffins. No Hollandaise, but that stuff is tough to get correct. A little salt & pepper completed that entrée. Then we had three strips up that thickly-sliced bacon cooked so it is still a bit rubbery. I hate crispy bacon that gets all gravely along your gums when chewed. I like my bacon soft, not crunchy. Finally, a nice glass of perfectly chilled and properly-pulped orange juice to wash it all down with. I am left nourished, and far from wanting.

So your woman has you on a high cholesterol, high sodium, high fat, diet; and allows you to do nicotine in the house.

Hmmmm....Has she also upped your Life Insurance lately? :twisted:

No smoking in the "house" here, and rarely in the office unless its a pass-through situation. Nope, I step outside to have a smoke, think, then return to the keyboard.

With regard to cholesterol, et. al., I'm one of those rare individuals that is blessed with a very high motabolism, a good heart, great digestion and regularity, and can eat and eat and eat, and never gain weight. Aside from a severely bent spinal column, I'm one of those healthy-as-a-horse types everyone loves to hate.
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• HoustonHawk82 wrote: With regard to cholesterol, et. al., I'm one of those rare individuals that is blessed with a very high motabolism, a good heart, great digestion and regularity, and can eat and eat and eat, and never gain weight. Aside from a severely bent spinal column, I'm one of those healthy-as-a-horse types everyone loves to hate.

I wasn't jealous about the cool wife, cool car, and having Rob as a boytoy, been there done that...but your high metabolism, great digestion, etc., has me green with envy!!

I hate you!! :thfight7:

Just to make sure no one takes it wrong: When I said 'been there, done that,' what I meant was I've had a cool wife, and a cool car. Carry on.

Paulie S.
    LymonHawk
    * El Primo *

• HoustonHawk82 wrote:..........With regard to cholesterol, et. al., I'm one of those rare individuals that is blessed with a very high motabolism, a good heart, great digestion and regularity, and can eat and eat and eat, and never gain weight......I'm one of those healthy-as-a-horse types everyone loves to hate.

Hate me too Lymon cuz this is me as well. Sorry my friend. Dinner last night was a pint of Ranger IPA (New Belgium), 3 pork sliders and an order of cheese and bacon fries/tots. My cholesterol in December was 130ish.
    No smoking though for me. 9 years later and I do still miss it at times.

One question for you both though.......how do I get Rob as a boytoy?
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Ring Of Honor

• So Im really confused. This entire time I thought Largent was helping around the shop. I had no clue he was cooking and waiting on you?
    Subzero717
    NET Pro Bowler

• LymonHawk wrote:
    HoustonHawk82 wrote:
    Just to make sure no one takes it wrong: When I said 'been there, done that,' what I meant was I've had a cool wife, and a cool car. Carry on.

Thank you for clarifying. :oops:
    enjoy the ride
    HomerJHawk
    NET Veteran

• Somebody needs to create a "I don't have a partner because I'm pathetic and lonely, and look at the crap I'm eating for dinner" topic.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

• hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
    HoustonHawk82 wrote:..........With regard to cholesterol, et. al., I'm one of those rare individuals that is blessed with a very high motabolism, a good heart, great digestion and regularity, and can eat and eat and eat, and never gain weight......I'm one of those healthy-as-a-horse types everyone loves to hate.

Hate me too Lymon cuz this is me as well. Sorry my friend. Dinner last night was a pint of Ranger IPA (New Belgium), 3 pork sliders and an order of cheese and bacon fries/tots. My cholesterol in December was 130ish.
    No smoking though for me. 9 years later and I do still miss it at times.

One question for you both though.......how do I get Rob as a boytoy?

OK, I hate you too!! Sheesh, I could hear my arteries clogging just from reading youse guy's posts!

As far as Rob goes...................what happens at Temples, stays at Temples! 8)

Paulie S.
    LymonHawk
    * El Primo *

• Subzero717 wrote:So Im really confused. This entire time I thought Largent was helping around the shop. I had no clue he was cooking and waiting on you?

Rob is on a Hiatus right now. At least, that is what I'm calling it, so my lovely with does all the cooking.

Fun fact: Rob makes the most delicious coffee I've had, and he makes this curry dish that is to die for. Really good cook.
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Staff Alumni *

It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:51 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information