Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

THE X-FILES | Re-Opened

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
THE X-FILES | Re-Opened
Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:35 pm
  • Published on Dec 28, 2015
    The truth is out there… and we’ve got the inside story on the thrilling return of The X-Files. Go behind the scenes with Chris Carter, David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson and all the key players as they reveal secrets from the set and take you on the epic journey of bringing this classic series back to Fox.

Subscribe now for more The X-Files clips: http://fox.tv/SubscribeFOX

See more of The X-Files on our official site: http://fox.tv/TheXFiles
    Like The X-Files on Facebook: http://fox.tv/TheXFilesFB
    Follow The X-Files on Twitter: http://fox.tv/TheXFilesTW
    Add The X-Files on Google+: http://fox.tv/TheXFilesPlus
    Add The X-Files on Tumblr: http://fox.tv/TheXFilesTB
    Add The X-Files on Instagram: http://fox.tv/TheXFilesIG

Like FOX on Facebook: http://fox.tv/FOXTV_FB
    Follow FOX on Twitter: http://fox.tv/FOXTV_Twitter
    Add FOX on Google+: http://fox.tv/FOXPlus

Thirteen years after the original series run, the next mind-bending chapter of THE X-FILES is a thrilling, six-episode event series from creator/executive producer Chris Carter, with stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson re-inhabiting their roles as iconic FBI Agents FOX MULDER and DANA SCULLY. Mitch Pileggi also returns as FBI ASST. DIR. WALTER SKINNER, Mulder and Scully’s boss, who walks a fine line between loyalty to these investigators and accountability to his superiors. This marks the momentous return of the Emmy- and Golden Globe Award-winning pop culture phenomenon, which remains one of the longest-running sci-fi series in network television history. THE X-FILES debuts with a special two-night event beginning Sunday, Jan. 24, 2016 (10:00-11:00 PM ET/7:00-8:00 PM PT), following the NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME, and continuing with its time period premiere on Monday, Jan. 25 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT). The upcoming event series will encompass a mixture of stand-alone episodes and those that further the original show’s seminal mythology. In the opening episode, Mulder and Scully take on a case of a possible alien abductee. The all-new episodes will feature appearances by guest stars, including Joel McHale (“Community”), Robbie Amell (“The Flash”), Lauren Ambrose (“Dig,” “Six Feet Under”), Annabeth Gish (“The Bridge”), Annet Mahendru (“The Americans”), Rhys Darby (“Flight of the Conchords”), Kumail Nanjiani (“Silicon Valley”) and William B. Davis, who reprises his role as “Cigarette Smoking Man.” Three of the episodes are written and directed by Chris Carter, with the remaining new episodes written and directed by original series veterans Glen Morgan, Darin Morgan and James Wong.

In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Re: THE X-FILES | Re-Opened
Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:43 pm
  • CAN. NOT. WAIT.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:17 am
  • SeatownJay wrote:CAN. NOT. WAIT.

DITTO.

My crush on Agent Scully has been wonderfully brought down from the attic, dusted off, rebooted and back online!

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:01 pm
  • Aros wrote:
    SeatownJay wrote:CAN. NOT. WAIT.

DITTO.

My crush on Agent Scully has been wonderfully brought down from the attic, dusted off, rebooted and back online!

It works because you're just as ancient.

(To be fair, she's aged well.)
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:14 pm
  • She's aged wonderfully. Me on the other hand...

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:23 pm
  • I feel it only appropriate to post these.

Then

Now
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:34 pm
  • More gratuitous GA...

And if you don't like her...

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:02 am
  • Tonight! WHOO!

At least I have ONE thing on TV I will care about watching today.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:24 am
  • Been watching the old seasons on Netflix all week. I remember somewhere along the way I lost interest and stopped watching. Maybe when Duchovny left. Looking forward to it. Just glad it doesn't have an NCIS or CSI attached to the name unlike every other series out there.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:27 am
  • Cyrus12 wrote:Been watching the old seasons on Netflix all week. I remember somewhere along the way I lost interest and stopped watching. Maybe when Duchovny left. Looking forward to it. Just glad it doesn't have an NCIS or CSI attached to the name unlike every other series out there.

Yeah it was likely when Mulder was no longer on the show which is when I pretty much fizzled out myself. It never felt the same without Mulder and Scully together. I'm surprised the series went as long as it did after Mulder.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:34 pm
  • Not sure what to think about this one. Was burned out a bit on the old one when it finally died out.

Read somewhere that Wm B Davis would be in it. WTF? Do we have to kill CSM again? :laugh:
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:39 pm
  • Just watched the first of six tonight. There were some campy moments (one of the show's calling cards, but usually done in small amounts, context and tongue-in-cheekiness that the characters effortlessly play with and quickly move on from) and the scene with Mulder and Skinner in Mulder's old office felt like they dusted off that exact same scene and dialogue found in several past episodes.

I am less critical of this series because of the time investment I have in Mulder and Scully. Where I could really tear it apart if it was some new sci-fi show with unknown actors, the imperfections get free pass to me like how you might look past a much-loved Uncle's less-than-ideal table manners and slight drinking problem.

The first half-hour felt a bit clunky but Anderson and Duchovney's chemistry carries the scenes. The second half started to settle in and get back into a familiar rhythm and sets up nicely for the subsequent episodes.

Over all I am that giddy 24-year-old again, so happy that Mulder and Scully are together again, fighting the good fight, trying so hard to catch the truth that most certainly must be out there. I hope it's so good FOX extends the reunion beyond the 6 episodes.

:2:

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:09 pm
  • Because I didn't watch it live and Xfinity doesn't allow for "smart recording" for network shows, only the first 30 minutes were recorded because the NFC Championship postgame show went an extra 30 minutes.

So I am finding the episode in my own way.

Looking forward to watching it tomorrow.
    "Go for Broke" - 442nd Japanese-American Battalion

Shaun Alexander #37 for the HoF - 119 Games 2176 Att 9429 Yards 4.3 YPC 100 TDs (112 TDs total) 2005 MVP

"YOU POST...TO WIN...thethread." JesterHawk
    sammyc521
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:50 pm
  • Mine didn't record because of that stupid football game. Only got half of it.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *

Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:39 am
  • That was a fail by FOX. They new there would be bleed-over from the NFC post game celebration. I figured as much so I recorded the hour after X-Files was scheduled as well to cover the bleed-over.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:09 pm
  • For those of you that missed it, check to see if your cable/satellite company supports the Fox Now app. My cable went out last night and I missed it but was able to watch this morning on the app.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:56 pm
  • slow start strong finish. I am hooked at least for the next episode which is on tonight.
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:00 am
  • I enjoyed the overall story line pertaining to the Area 51 crash and current day tech conspiracy, etc..........but the dialogue is extra cheesy and stilted, especially between Mulder and Scully. It's just...........off.

I read that episode one was not well reviewed, so as a longtime X-Files fan I'm cool with stuff developing and hopefully getting better.

btw, if you're into Gillian Anderson, and if you're not, get the hell out of here, check out The Fall on Netflix. Really good detective series she's doing for the BBC.

She wears A LOT of tight blouses.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:25 am
  • Yep been watching The Fall from the beginning. Excellent show. She's a great actress which doesn't always carry her complete set of strengths in something like the X-Files.

I found the second episode to be much better than the first overall. It felt like a classic X-Files episode. I think the writers needed to do the awkward, clunky, get-it-over-with reintroduction's in the first episode, and now that that is out of the way we can get fully invested into the series again, as it begins to run smoothly. The familiar creepy darkness is seeping back in as each episode becomes its own entity meanwhile providing pieces of the puzzle that will lead to the finale.

I already feel that we are going to miss the show once again because the final 6th episode will be here in no time. And then what? I think this is a showcase for FOX execs to see if it's worth bringing back full time again.

Make it so!

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:28 am
  • And by the way, damn Gillian is aging well. Duchovney, not so much.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:01 pm
  • Aros wrote:And by the way, damn Gillian is aging well. Duchovney, not so much.

Yeah Dave's looking a little jowly.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:37 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Aros wrote:And by the way, damn Gillian is aging well. Duchovney, not so much.

Yeah Dave's looking a little jowly.

Hilarious. That's exactly the word my wife used.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:31 am
  • So back in the day Fox was the new edgy network with shows like Cops, Simpsons, Arrested Development........and X-Files.

Now? Not so much, just another generic watered down network with generic watered down TV shows. Unfortunately this new version of X-Files is exactly that, stilted, silly and generic. Don't get me wrong, the X-Files was never high brow intellectual Sci-Fi, but it was edgy and controversial for it's time with the subject matter and episode topics.

First two episodes are pretty damn stinky. It's still Mulder and Scully, but it's not the Mulder and Scully I love, just two actors trying their best to breath life into Chris Carter's terrible dialogue and stories. This show probably should have been entrusted into more capable and talented hands, as Carter has clearly lost his fastball.....................more importantly X-Files should have been put on FX, or FXX where they could spread their wings creatively.

I'll keep watching considering it's only a six episode season. But yeah, bleck.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:04 am
  • I do agree with some of your take, (especially the move to FX to really spread their wings), but I'm not quite as cynical about the reboot as you...The second episode felt more like the old familiar formula (in a good way) to me which gives me hope that the final four episodes will continue to build strength. One critic even mentioned that the third episode is when it really gets going.

Of course, I am wearing my Gillian Anderson Lovefest glasses so there's that. :16:

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:44 am
  • Aros wrote:I do agree with some of your take, (especially the move to FX to really spread their wings), but I'm not quite as cynical about the reboot as you...The second episode felt more like the old familiar formula (in a good way) to me which gives me hope that the final four episodes will continue to build strength. One critic even mentioned that the third episode is when it really gets going.

Of course, I am wearing my Gillian Anderson Lovefest glasses so there's that. :16:

I admit I'm being harsh. But this isn't 1985, there's too much good TV now........literally, there's too much, we can't even watch all the great shows on the dizzying amount of networks and direct to internet sites that do original programming.

So to reboot a beloved series like X-Files and not give it the writing crew and proper network to make it as good as it can be? Eh, kinda feels more like a cash grab by Fox than trying to try new and daring things with a great franchise and actors.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:47 pm
  • Yeah I can understand that absolutely and you are right, we are absolutely spoiled with the amount of quality television to the point of there simply not being enough time to watch it all. Even Netflix binging has its limits.

I think I am being less critical because I am just so happy to have Mulder and Scully back together that I easily gloss over writing deficiencies. Nothing would make me happier than to hear FX picks it up and a host of talented writers become involved, especially if Anderson and Duchovney remain a part of the show.

I fear that if this really is just a 6 series tease, that the Cash Grab Hypothesis seems to be the one driving the spaceship and man what a shame.

Still, I am going to savor these episodes. It's damn sweet to see them together again.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:26 pm
  • I am digging it so far, its fun thats what its always been for me, I wonder if this is an audition for a full on return?
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:45 am
  • m0ng0 wrote:I am digging it so far, its fun thats what its always been for me, I wonder if this is an audition for a full on return?

Well there's talk of movies, maybe more than one. So if this is a tease, it's a tease for a movie franchise.

Which I'd be all for, at least with a movie franchise there'd be more attention to the important details like writing, producers, directors, script, etc.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:33 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    m0ng0 wrote:I am digging it so far, its fun thats what its always been for me, I wonder if this is an audition for a full on return?

Well there's talk of movies, maybe more than one. So if this is a tease, it's a tease for a movie franchise.

Which I'd be all for, at least with a movie franchise there'd be more attention to the important details like writing, producers, directors, script, etc.

I would rather see a long term show again, and I don't think (the return) is nearly as bad as you make it out to be....ah well I will continue to enjoy it and hope something more comes from this.
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:38 am
  • It's definitely fun and with such a small sample size I am already happy with the jump from the first episode to the second. I hear the third episode is the one that really gets it going again. I also read somewhere that Carter is hoping this is an audition to the FOX execs to sign the series up for a full season and possibly beyond.

It's all about ratings. If we are watching, they will extend it.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:43 am
  • m0ng0 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    m0ng0 wrote:I am digging it so far, its fun thats what its always been for me, I wonder if this is an audition for a full on return?

I would rather see a long term show again, and I don't think (the return) is nearly as bad as you make it out to be....ah well I will continue to enjoy it and hope something more comes from this.

I admitted I was being harsh, but that's only cause I love her man!

We'll see, maybe it will take the series time to find it's feet. Understandable, hard to get the band back together and not miss a note right from the get go.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:06 pm
  • It was given a revival due to the success of the 24 Revival last year on Fox.
    Father's Day 2018!
    Passepartout
    NET Rookie

Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:52 am
  • Oh wow. This kind of reminds me of when the creepy, sinister, evil monster in the movie puts on a cheesy friendly mask to fool the ignorant, simpleton masses...

:327321_Spy_23.22:

https://www.cia.gov/news-information/bl ... files.html

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:28 am
  • Episode 3 was Campy Goodness! Loved it. Some genuinely funny scenes and I especially enjoyed the hot, sultry scene with Scully...

I cracked up when a hungover Mulder awakes at the foot of the headstone with his cell phone ringing the X-Files theme song. Same as mine. LOL

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:35 pm
  • Aros wrote:Episode 3 was Campy Goodness! Loved it. Some genuinely funny scenes and I especially enjoyed the hot, sultry scene with Scully...

I cracked up when a hungover Mulder awakes at the foot of the headstone with his cell phone ringing the X-Files theme song. Same as mine. LOL

That was the goofiest X-FIles I've ever seen. Were there old ones that were like that? It was borderline slapstick.
    Image Always been a Seahawks fan
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:13 pm
  • thought it was good as well...but running out of episodes to clear up the opening episode...There were some old ones like that if I remember right, more of a comedy than actual suspense. Usually one or two a season I think.
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:16 pm
  • Tyler Labine has played a stoner in 3 separate episodes of the X-Files. I loved the episode because it was totally in the vein of the travelling town of vampires where Scully and Mulder have differing accounts of what happened on the case.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:05 pm
  • Cyrus12 wrote:thought it was good as well...but running out of episodes to clear up the opening episode...There were some old ones like that if I remember right, more of a comedy than actual suspense. Usually one or two a season I think.

Yeah the X-Files were known for throwing in a couple comedic/campy episodes each season. I'm also quite interested to see how they wrap up the mini series with the questions of episode 1 into the final 3 episodes. I really hope this whole thing is a catalyst to reignite the series and not simply a cash grab, like the aging famous rock bands who insist "this is our final tour ever!" only to come back a few years later to fatten up their bank accounts.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:00 am
  • Aros wrote:Episode 3 was Campy Goodness! Loved it. Some genuinely funny scenes and I especially enjoyed the hot, sultry scene with Scully...

Was it self aware campy goodness? Or just horrible writing we've already run out of ideas by episode 3?

I'm still struggling with this show, I won't lie. Still seems like they just brought everybody back and had no idea what to do with the direction of the reboot.

It was like I was watching an episode of Scooby Doo.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:24 am

Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:36 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Aros wrote:Episode 3 was Campy Goodness! Loved it. Some genuinely funny scenes and I especially enjoyed the hot, sultry scene with Scully...

Was it self aware campy goodness? Or just horrible writing we've already run out of ideas by episode 3?

I'm still struggling with this show, I won't lie. Still seems like they just brought everybody back and had no idea what to do with the direction of the reboot.

It was like I was watching an episode of Scooby Doo.

Campy goodness, I mean they got the guy who wrote Jose Chung's From Outer Space to write this one and it was nearly pitch perfect.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:40 pm
  • Here's a more complete review of the 3rd episode. For the record, they gave the first episode a C+, the second a B and this third an A. Sounds about right.

“Mulder & Scully Meet The Were-Monster” is the first episode of the show’s new season that feels like a legit defense of season 10’s existence. That’s ironic, considering this is coming from Darin Morgan; of the four episodes he wrote for the original run, three aggressively questioned The X-Files’ central premise, pointing again and again to the fundamental absurdity of life, the way the rigid implacability of death closes over us month after month, year after year. Intentionally or not, Morgan’s work deconstructed the premise of a series that seemed to depend on po-faced belief, and in doing so, helped transform it. Self-awareness is a risky turn for any narrative, but by acknowledging the fundamental stupidity of alien abduction and government conspiracy theories, Morgan opened the series as a whole to a wider variety of storytelling...

http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/mulder-and ... -us-231587

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:55 pm
  • Alright, X-Files redeemed itself with episode 4. Band-Aid Man had heart, horror and pathos. Very well done.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:08 pm
  • Just like I hoped, it's starting to find its groove and it's incredibly frustrating if there's truly only two episodes left in the TV franchise. This show doesn't translate to movies as well as TV so I am crossing my fingers that the series gets picked up for more seasons by either FOX or better yet, FX.

Of course, Anderson and Duchovney both have other projects and time commitments so that alone could kill my hopes.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:01 am
  • Aros wrote:Just like I hoped, it's starting to find its groove and it's incredibly frustrating if there's truly only two episodes left in the TV franchise. This show doesn't translate to movies as well as TV so I am crossing my fingers that the series gets picked up for more seasons by either FOX or better yet, FX.

Of course, Anderson and Duchovney both have other projects and time commitments so that alone could kill my hopes.

The ratings have been through the roof, so I guarantee you Fox will throw enough money at everyone involved to come back. Might not be on a normal TV hiatus/filming schedule, but they'll be back.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:40 pm
  • I hope they/someone bring it back as a series, each episode has gotten better! I am guessing fox owns the rights, is F/X affiliated with them?
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:02 pm
  • not the best episode considering only one left...
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:28 am
  • Cyrus12 wrote:not the best episode considering only one left...

A little religion pandering, but Mulder's shroom trip was worth the price of admission.

Do you guys think Fox and Carter are grooming the new young agents to be the show's? It'd only make sense.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:42 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:Do you guys think Fox and Carter are grooming the new young agents to be the show's? It'd only make sense.

Yep, that's what I thought too. I liked Lauren Ambrose in Six Feet Under but I'm not sure how palpable she would be in this series as her character's stick seems to be firmly planted full time. Could get old, reeeeally fast.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:00 pm
  • well I see a movie then they call it a wrap after tonights finale, not sure how you keep the series going after this....
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:57 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information