Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

RIP Herman Wouk

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
RIP Herman Wouk
Sat May 18, 2019 2:16 pm
  • Saddened at this news, although he led a long and full life. I also read (and loved) "Don't Stop the Carnival", "The Hope" and "The Glory", but haven't ever read "Marjorie Morningstar" or any of his other novels. I only recently read "The Caine Mutiny" (and have never seen the movie), but I've read "The Winds of War" and "War and Remembrance" several times, and also re-watched the TV series of these books many times.

"Bestselling author Herman Wouk ("The Caine Mutiny," "The Winds of War," "War and Remembrance") passed away on May 17, 2019, ten days before his 104th birthday. In this interview that aired on "Sunday Morning" July 2, 2017, the reclusive Pulitzer Prize-winner invited correspondent Tracy Smith to his Palm Springs home, and talked about a career conjuring fiction from real life. "

Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Re: RIP Herman Wouk
Sat May 18, 2019 8:52 pm
  • I really enjoyed winds of war and war and remembrance and always meant to read more of his works but never got around to it. I didn’t realize he was 104. That’s a long and successful life he led. May he Rest In Peace.
    kidhawk
    NET Pro Bowler

It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:28 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information