Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

RIP Stan Lee

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
RIP Stan Lee
Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:54 am
  • https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/stan-lee-marvel-comics-legend-721450

Lee, who began in the business in 1939 and created or co-created Black Panther, Spider-Man, X-Men, The Mighty Thor, Iron Man, The Fantastic Four, The Incredible Hulk, Daredevil, Ant-Man and other characters, died early Monday morning at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Re: RIP Stan Lee
Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:52 am
  • RIP Stan, few people could have reached as many as yourself and Kirby did and entertain us thru generations.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:56 am
  • Sad news.

I'd put Lee up against anyone in our nation's history for influencing popular culture, in every facet. Politically, racially, morally, and artistically.........Lee was profoundly creative, genre changing and far ahead of his time with how he told stories.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:19 pm
  • RIP Mr. Lee. You gave this world so much. Thank you.
    RIP Paul Allen, 1953-2018

The greatest owner in Seattle sports history.

189-152-1
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:29 pm
  • RIP Stan The Man

2018 Adopt a Rookie: Rashaad Penny

Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:46 pm
  • Just heard the news.

Sad Day indeed.
    R.I.P.

:{)
    ITS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN !
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:16 pm
  • I remember reading a lot of comics that he helped create in my youth, and hoping that one day I'd get to see them on the big screen. I'm so glad that he got to see the success that the MCU became. I'm also elated that I got my childhood wish, and that one day I can introduce my granddaughters to the beautiful world of comics.

RIP Stan, Excelsior!
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:53 pm
  • I met him once, very briefly. He was getting off of an elevator as I was getting on. I asked if I could shake his hand. He shook my hand and said, "Thank you."
    HA! That man thanked me? Shit...
    I have met a lot of famous people in the past, but none was as special to me as meeting Stan Lee for 10 seconds.
    LargentFan
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:43 am
  • My sincere condolences. I know he is a huge loss, but growing up in the late 60s I was not allowed by my parents to look at comics, so I'm clueless.
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:47 am
  • Aussie Seahawk wrote:My sincere condolences. I know he is a huge loss, but growing up in the late 60s I was not allowed by my parents to look at comics, so I'm clueless.

You know, it's never to late to start reading a good comic. I'd also be happy to give you some suggestions if you'd be interested.
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:59 am
  • Aussie Seahawk wrote:My sincere condolences. I know he is a huge loss, but growing up in the late 60s I was not allowed by my parents to look at comics, so I'm clueless.

You were a better kid than I was. Everything my Catholic parents told me not to read, watch, listen to or do..............I did with the force of 1,000 dying suns.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:17 pm
  • OkieHawk wrote:
    Aussie Seahawk wrote:My sincere condolences. I know he is a huge loss, but growing up in the late 60s I was not allowed by my parents to look at comics, so I'm clueless.

You know, it's never to late to start reading a good comic. I'd also be happy to give you some suggestions if you'd be interested.

Yes. I never read comics as a kid, but I decided to download Marvel Unlimited to read up on Thanos before Infinity War. Definitely a great decision.
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:19 pm
  • OkieHawk wrote:
    Aussie Seahawk wrote:My sincere condolences. I know he is a huge loss, but growing up in the late 60s I was not allowed by my parents to look at comics, so I'm clueless.

Yes, please, I'd love some suggestions, thanks!

I did get a magazine called "Look and Learn" when I was a kid, and it had a "centrepiece" sort-of comic called "The Trigan Empire" which I loved, but I had to make sure I didn't obviously read it first, the anti-comic thing was so strict, especially from my father. I've got a book of Trigan Empire episodes which a friend in Britain picked up for me, which I treasure.

Also, I don't know if you'd call them comics(?) but I loved illustrated WWII stories, and there was such a flood of them at primary school that even my father couldn't stem that tide! Everything was "tally-ho" and "banzai!" and "Achtung"!
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:01 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information