Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Red Dead Redemption 2 discussion. (Spoilers possible)

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Might be my most anticipated game since Fallout 4. Screw Grand Theft Auto, give my Grand Theft Horse!

Last edited by Maulbert on Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    RIP Paul Allen, 1953-2018

The greatest owner in Seattle sports history.

189-152-1
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• This is probably my most anticipated game since GTAV. RDR was an absolutely stellar game that still holds up pretty well. Good times playing PvP and story mode. I think it took me 70+ hours to complete the main story. Never picked up the DLC(s?), though.

Can't wait to see what RDR2 offers. I need to watch this video again on the big screen when I get home, the ol' phone with janky reception doesn't quite cut it. Sounds like the game is going to be relatively complex with the ability to talk your way into (and out of) sticky situations, etc. Rockstar always delivers when they release new GTA games, I can't see this being anything different, especially after how great RDR was.

Remember when we used to call TVs "big screens?" Good times.

Edit: Most anticipated game since Witcher 3. I was more hyped for Witcher 3 than I was GTAV.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

• Looks absolutely fantastic. It's on my list for sure. Between this game, my renewed enjoyment of EvE Online, and Overwatch, my dance card will be fully punched by the end of October.
    Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000
    SmokinHawk
    NET Veteran

• Pre-ordered the special edition for PS4 Pro; I can't wait. RDR is easily in my Top 3 of all time, and that's going all the way back to the Atari 2600. Still have the discs and recently started another play-through on my XB1. There's nothing more immersive than turning off the HUD and just roaming the beautiful countryside on horseback. Still a little apprehensive about how online is going to work after the greedfest that plagued GTA V's, but that shouldn't taint the single player campaign any.
    253hawk
    NET Veteran

• While I'm excited for this game, I'm more stoked for Spiderman coming out next month.
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

• JGfromtheNW wrote:This is probably my most anticipated game since GTAV. RDR was an absolutely stellar game that still holds up pretty well. Good times playing PvP and story mode. I think it took me 70+ hours to complete the main story. Never picked up the DLC(s?), though.

Can't wait to see what RDR2 offers. I need to watch this video again on the big screen when I get home, the ol' phone with janky reception doesn't quite cut it. Sounds like the game is going to be relatively complex with the ability to talk your way into (and out of) sticky situations, etc. Rockstar always delivers when they release new GTA games, I can't see this being anything different, especially after how great RDR was.

Remember when we used to call TVs "big screens?" Good times.

Edit: Most anticipated game since Witcher 3. I was more hyped for Witcher 3 than I was GTAV.

I'm not sure I've ever been so excited for a game. RDR is my favorite game ever (I'm partial to westerns). Undead Nightmare was the only real story type DLC for it, and it was as fun as the regular game. Rockstar did an awesome take on zombie stuff.

RDR2 is gonna be amazing.
    AAR - CJ Prosise RB/WR/??? - Notre Dame
    TriCHawk
    NET Veteran

• OkieHawk wrote:While I'm excited for this game, I'm more stoked for Spiderman coming out next month.

Spider-Man has been fantastic. I’ve been taking my time playing through it and really enjoying it. Find myself stopping to hit photo mode all the time too. Beautiful game.

Second gameplay video is up. Officially getting stoked and have the 26th scheduled as a vacation day.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

• 11 days... I'm off on Fridays anyway, but I told my wife to keep the weekend clear. I feel like I'll be vegging on this game for months, and once online comes out... do I even need any other games?
    TriCHawk
    NET Veteran

• My wife preordered it for me-last November when the release date had already been moved back once (to April I think?). I bought a headset and a couple of my old high school buddies bought xboxes and headsets so we can all play together, which is cool because I don’t get to see them very often as one lives on the peninsula and the other in San Antonio.

The first RDR is absolutely my favorite game I’ve ever played. From the sound of the trailers it looks like they’ve added a couple of cool new features and have expanded on the deadeye and currency system. I’m already contemplating whether I want to be an ethical outlaw or doing a man in black westworld thing.

To say I’m excited would be an understatement.
    HAWKAMANIA
    NET Veteran

• HAWKAMANIA wrote:My wife preordered it for me-last November when the release date had already been moved back once (to April I think?). I bought a headset and a couple of my old high school buddies bought xboxes and headsets so we can all play together, which is cool because I don’t get to see them very often as one lives on the peninsula and the other in San Antonio.

The first RDR is absolutely my favorite game I’ve ever played. From the sound of the trailers it looks like they’ve added a couple of cool new features and have expanded on the deadeye and currency system. I’m already contemplating whether I want to be an ethical outlaw or doing a man in black westworld thing.

To say I’m excited would be an understatement.

8 Days (7 if you wanna start at 9pm on Thurs).

They've added a lot of stuff, and WAY more depth. And it will be the biggest open world ever made by Rockstar. This next week is going to drag!
    TriCHawk
    NET Veteran

• I don't have a PS4 or Xbox One, or else I'd probably get it just because everyone is making a big deal about it, and therefore it's probably a good game.

This generation of consoles really disappointed me. I was the proud owner of a PS1, PS2, and PS3...but then the PS4 comes out right after I assemble an expensive gaming PC, and then when I decide I'll finally get one they release the PS4 Pro which put me in a position where I could either get the now inferior model for cheaper or shell out $400 for the Pro which will only last a couple years before the PS5 comes out. Stupid as hell. I might have bought the PS4 Pro had it also come with a true 4k bluray player, but nope I guess Sony doesn't care about capturing sales from people who are looking for that extra bonus.

If the PS5 comes along and I find out they're planning on doing a PS5 pro just a couple years after it launches as well, I just won't buy consoles from Sony or Microsoft anymore. I'm the kind of guy that wouldn't be able to handle owning the first edition console knowing there's an upgraded version that makes games look better, and I also can't stand only getting 3 years out of a console before it's replaced by something better. Something has definitely got to change with these gaming trends. Nintendo does things that make me mad, but I wound up with a Switch because they pissed me off the least this time around.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

• fenderbender123 wrote:I don't have a PS4 or Xbox One, or else I'd probably get it just because everyone is making a big deal about it, and therefore it's probably a good game.

This generation of consoles really disappointed me. I was the proud owner of a PS1, PS2, and PS3...but then the PS4 comes out right after I assemble an expensive gaming PC, and then when I decide I'll finally get one they release the PS4 Pro which put me in a position where I could either get the now inferior model for cheaper or shell out $400 for the Pro which will only last a couple years before the PS5 comes out. Stupid as hell. I might have bought the PS4 Pro had it also come with a true 4k bluray player, but nope I guess Sony doesn't care about capturing sales from people who are looking for that extra bonus.

If the PS5 comes along and I find out they're planning on doing a PS5 pro just a couple years after it launches as well, I just won't buy consoles from Sony or Microsoft anymore. I'm the kind of guy that wouldn't be able to handle owning the first edition console knowing there's an upgraded version that makes games look better, and I also can't stand only getting 3 years out of a console before it's replaced by something better. Something has definitely got to change with these gaming trends. Nintendo does things that make me mad, but I wound up with a Switch because they pissed me off the least this time around.

In terms of exclusives there's not much that differentiates PS4 and XBone. The main reason Nintendo has survived is because their strength has always been first party exclusives, no matter how powerful their console is. I don't think Nintendo worries to much about competing with Sony or Microsoft and is rather content to be the +1 console. People who buy PS4 most likely won't buy XBone and vice versa, but I would bet most Switch owners already had one of them. I have a PS2, PS3, and PS4 and I have owned a Wii, WiiU, and Switch, but I have never bought XBox.

Also, Call of Duty sucks.

189-152-1
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Maulbert wrote:
    In terms of exclusives there's not much that differentiates PS4 and XBone.

Also, Call of Duty sucks.

I have to ask, are you high!?

The PS4 has a ton of exclusives that are simply amazing. There is absolutely no competition between the two in terms of that.

CoD does suck, you hit that right on the money.
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

• Yeah, the xbone can't compete with PS4 when it comes to exclusives and it's not even close. I've always enjoyed the Forza franchise, though.

Thursday night can't come soon enough...
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

• JGfromtheNW wrote:Yeah, the xbone can't compete with PS4 when it comes to exclusives and it's not even close. I've always enjoyed the Forza franchise, though.

Thursday night can't come soon enough...

I bought the digital version, so it's already downloaded.... It's hard seeing RDR2 on my menu but can't play it. 3 more days..

Next game for me to be hyped for is a PS exclusive, and that is The Last of Us 2. No idea when that one will be out though, or if it can live up to the first one.
    TriCHawk
    NET Veteran

• TriCHawk wrote:
    I bought the digital version, so it's already downloaded.... It's hard seeing RDR2 on my menu but can't play it. 3 more days..

Next game for me to be hyped for is a PS exclusive, and that is The Last of Us 2. No idea when that one will be out though, or if it can live up to the first one.

I'm also interested in Days Gone and Death Stranding when they finally come out.
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

• Next hyped up games for me will be The Last of Us 2, Death Stranding and eventually Cyberpunk 2077. Sadly we don't even have a year nailed down for the release of CP2077 yet and Hideo Kojima has said that Death Stranding will release before the Tokyo 2020 Olympics... so hopefully 2019?

The 20 seconds of gameplay that leaked yesterday looked pretty good. There's a ton of small details to pick out.

- The three lawmen all approach Arthur Morgan differently. One goes left to check on a dead body, one gets off his horse and walks straight towards him, the other goes right.
    - Arthur actually blows the hand off of the closest lawman (you can see it laying on the ground).
    - Get to see the weapon scroll wheel and see dual wielding a sawn-off shotgun and pistol
    - The horses act differently. Arthur's horse has bonded with him and experienced a shoot-out before so he stays put. The lawmen's horses freak out, one sprints away immediately, the other two react by rearing and then taking off towards the rocks.
    - The Wanted indicator in the top right begins by flashing and saying "Interrogating," then changes to read who you're playing as/committing crimes as and then tallies up the bounty on his head.

Can't. Wait.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

• Death Stranding looks interesting for sure, but I'm still not sure wtf is even happening. TLOU 2 will be awesome though. I think I played through the first one about 5 or 6 times. Had to platinum that one.

There is even more leaking today, and I'm not gonna watch. There are some good articles out there if you're not hyped enough. One from Vulture that came out a week or two ago, and one that Rockstar posted this morning from VG247 about the AI (really good read).

The wife and I have to drive over to Seattle and back on Thursday (I'm in Tri-Cities), and I'm hoping I'll have enough juice left to start it on Thursday night at 9 when it goes live.
    TriCHawk
    NET Veteran

• Cyberpunk will probably be out next year. CD Project Red received a grant from the Polish government to further video game development. IIRC the finished product has to be released June of next year. Just spit balling but it adds up.
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

• OkieHawk wrote:Cyberpunk will probably be out next year. CD Project Red received a grant from the Polish government to further video game development. IIRC the finished product has to be released June of next year. Just spit balling but it adds up.

I remember hearing about that grant, it'd be amazing if it came out by June 2019. The gameplay footage that was released back in August looked insane. Having RDR2, TLOU2 and Cyberpunk 2077 all come out within a year of each other would probably be about the best run of single-player games I can remember. Tack on God of War in April, Spider-Man's release in September and Days Gone in February 2019 and I think we've been absolutely spoiled with outstanding single-player experiences for quite some time now.

Edit: Looks like Days Gone has been pushed back to April 2019. Looked at some of the Q1 2019 releases and totally forgot Resident Evil 2, Kingdom Hearts III, Anthem, Crackdown 3, Devil May Cry 5 and more are scheduled to drop. Good lord.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

• RDR2 is rocking a 97 on Metacritic right now.

See you guys never.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

• JGfromtheNW wrote:RDR2 is rocking a 97 on Metacritic right now.

See you guys never.

Its going to be nice to play this after work today. But this also means that my time will be very limited for quite awhile as well.
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

• I have to wait until after work tomorrow to pick it up at Best Buy. The next 20 hours are going to drag.
    HAWKAMANIA
    NET Veteran

• Ummmm.... This game is awesome. See you all again sometime next year.
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

• Just popped the data disc into my PS4. Now for an 80 minute wait.

189-152-1
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Maulbert wrote:Just popped the data disc into my PS4. Now for an 80 minute wait.

Just got home and I’m going to do the same. It will be interesting to see how long it takes to load.
    HAWKAMANIA
    NET Veteran

• Loved original. I didnt read anything about RDR2 besides a few gameplay features my brother sent me. Knew it would be amazing without having to read up on it.

Spoiler incoming for those that are like me and didnt read up on it.....

I was surprised, pleasantly, when I realized after playing for about 30 minutes that it's a prequel to the original. So far I haven't had time to play much, still in the walkthrough portion whish is about 2 hours, but it's fantastic. The lighting of the moon through the winter fog was amazing.
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran

• Absolutely gorgeous game. I haven’t been able to play as much as I’d like yet but I’ve gone into Valentine and did a couple of side missions. The game is much more comprehensive than the first, and the littlest details like the shadows, the mud/dirt/dust on your clothes when you hit the ground, your horse dropping “apples” every once in a while, it all makes for a truly immersive experience. I’ve logged about 4 hours so far and I have to say this game is a real work of art.
    HAWKAMANIA
    NET Veteran

• HAWKAMANIA wrote:Absolutely gorgeous game. I haven’t been able to play as much as I’d like yet but I’ve gone into Valentine and did a couple of side missions. The game is much more comprehensive than the first, and the littlest details like the shadows, the mud/dirt/dust on your clothes when you hit the ground, your horse dropping “apples” every once in a while, it all makes for a truly immersive experience. I’ve logged about 4 hours so far and I have to say this game is a real work of art.

Bounty hunting is as fun as ever.

189-152-1
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Man, I dumped hours into the game this weekend and I don't regret a single minute of it. Love the story so far, even the first chapter that some seem to think was too slow. I think it feels super immersive and the missions have been, for the most part, varied and fun. The tension that builds with the music and lead up to a robbery or a shootout is outstanding. Got to Chapter 4 last night before turning it off and I'm itching for more.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

• RDR2 has lived up to and exceeded expectations for me so far. There's so much to do. I haven't even completed a challenge yet, and I just started chapter 3. I gotta 100% this like I did the first one.
    TriCHawk
    NET Veteran

• Been taking my time exploring the eastern and northeastern part of the map, hunting for some legendary animals, meeting strangers and doing bounty hunts since getting to Saint Denis. My gawd is there a ton to do.

Last night I wanted to work on some challenges. I went through the first couple 'Sharpshooter' challenges and then got to 'Kill 5 flying birds from a moving train.' Hopped on a train after it left the station and then rode on top through the next town, where folks saw me riding illegally and a bounty came up. Once we moved along from the town I shot a couple birds and then the whole crew of the train decided they were going to try to track me down and kill me. We get to a small station and the entire train clears out, I kill all the guards and then realize 'this train ain't gonna drive itself.' Drove that bad boy all the way to Saint Denis while ghost riding the whip, jumping up top and killing the remaining birds for the challenge. Funny moments.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

• Haha that's awesome! I don't know what all of the challenges are yet, but as I recall, the shoot 5 birds from a moiving train was in the first one also. I think the last one was shoot five different species of animal in one dead-eye. I did it, but I hope I won't have to do it again in RDR2.

I have yet to try solo robbing a train yet. I'm hoping to give that a shot this weekend.
    TriCHawk
    NET Veteran

• So, anyone else get back from Guarma yet and try to meet Sadie Adler at the saloon?

189-152-1
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• I’ve logged about 16 hours in the game so far. I took Lenny for a night out on the town and, well, let’s just say it got weird. Reminded me of a couple of missions in GTA V with Trevor.

St. Denis is awesome. I was in the area and decided to play a bit of poker there. I didn’t realized how underdressed I was until I got up to leave and noticed every person in the place was looking at me and whispering. Once again, the detail in this game is amazeballs. Also, I came across some racist a-hole who was peddling some white supremacy newsletters and I pointed my gun in his face and he ran off.

Also, I unlocked the duel wield ability and it’s everything I hoped it would be.

Some things I’ve found helpful:
    Whenever you’re going to do anything that might conflict with old west laws, like riding on top of a train to shoot birds, wear your bandana. Your wanted meter will diminish more rapidly.

Cover is essential when you’re in a firefight. In the first red dead you could get away with going all rooster cogburn on everyone and just stand amidst a hail of bullets and be just fine. DO NOT TRY THAT IN THIS GAME!

Supply your camp through the ledger. It saves a lot of time.

Clean your weapons, love your horse, and explore the crafting options.
    HAWKAMANIA
    NET Veteran

• Really looking forward to this. I don't have time for it right now, but I'll probably pick it up around January or so once I clear my workload.

I want to finish it before Cyperpunk 2077 comes out. :)
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran

• I can't grasp the concept of grown ass men sitting at home playing video games.... It just sounds sad to me....
    Ambrose83
    NET Veteran

• Ambrose83 wrote:I can't grasp the concept of grown ass men sitting at home playing video games.... It just sounds sad to me....

You should probably get that checked out then.

As far as forms of entertainment go, video games are fantastic. I'd much rather play a video game than do nothing and watch tv shows or movies. Yes, reading a book or watching a good show can be engaging, but they don't come close to a well crafted game that not only keeps you interested, but challenges and rewards you.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

• Ambrose83 wrote:I can't grasp the concept of grown ass men sitting at home playing video games.... It just sounds sad to me....

Oh, look, Mr. Superiority is here. You know where the door is. Don't let it hit you on the way out.

189-152-1
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

I can grasp it (phrasing). I get to play it for a few hours on the weekends after I put the kids to bed for the night. I usually have a couple of IPAs, smoke a joint and unwind before it’s back to the weekly grind. I can’t understand how anyone wouldn’t enjoy playing what is, essentially, an interactive movie.

Also, when is multiplayer coming out?! I can’t wait to play it with my adult friends!
    HAWKAMANIA
    NET Veteran

I cant grasp the concept of a bunch of grown ass men sitting around watching some other grown ass men play a game.

I mean I can because I also do that, but seriously whats the difference?

I mean it's basically a movie that you get to interract with.
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran

• *SPOILER ALERT*

I finished Chapter six last night. I cried. There's still an epilogue, but Arthur's story ends rough.

189-152-1
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Alright Maulbert, you've taken this way too far.

If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Sgt. Largent wrote:Alright Maulbert, you've taken this way too far.

Not me. You think I could afford a horse?

189-152-1
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Maulbert wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:Alright Maulbert, you've taken this way too far.

Easy if you stopped buying video games.
    ITS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN !
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

• pmedic920 wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:

I don't buy a lot of video games, actually. I only own 3 PS4 games (Fallout 4, Metal Gear Solid 5, and Red Dead Redemption 2) and 3 Switch games (The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Super Mario Odyssey, and Mario Kart 8 ). I despise most shooters, and buy nothing from Activision and almost nothing from EA.

189-152-1
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Maulbert wrote:
    pmedic920 wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:

I don't buy a lot of video games, actually. I only own 3 PS4 games (Fallout 4, Metal Gear Solid 5, and Red Dead Redemption 2) and 3 Switch games (The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Super Mario Odyssey, and Mario Kart 8 ). I despise most shooters, and buy nothing from Activision and almost nothing from EA.

I was jerking your chain.

None of my business how you spend your time/money.

Seriously was only poking.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

• pmedic920 wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    pmedic920 wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:

I wasn't upset. I can take a chain yank.

189-152-1
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Maulbert wrote:
    pmedic920 wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    pmedic920 wrote:

I wasn't upset. I can take a chain yank.

Didn’t think you were, I was surprised at the legitimate answer.

:{)
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:57 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information