Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Power Planter auger attachment for drills

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • I stumbled on this ad here, but don't want to put URL down in case it seems like I'm advertising. Apparently Power Planter have been in the US for years(?) They also sell a vast range of bulbs to plant, but are supposedly very new in Australia.

Can anyone comment, please, if you've heard of these or even used them? They maybe SEEM impressive, if true.

I'm just a bit sus that our ground is so hard, the auger will briefly plant itself, and then I'll be rotating in the opposite direction... but I'm getting too damn old to dig holes totally manually.

Curse me, if I'd had any sense I would have dug a lot of spare holes when I was much younger!
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• I've never used one, so it may or may not work just fine. I've always noted, however, that every time I've ever seen a garden implement advertised on TV it's always being used on already-prepared soil...
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

• GeekHawk wrote:I've never used one, so it may or may not work just fine. I've always noted, however, that every time I've ever seen a garden implement advertised on TV it's always being used on already-prepared soil...

Thanks, Patrick! The short video on the site (the Power Planter ad was actually embedded in Sutz' Sciency Stuff segment showing the slo-mo magnets) seems to show holes being made in a lawn, FWIW.
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• Aussie Seahawk wrote:
    GeekHawk wrote:I've never used one, so it may or may not work just fine. I've always noted, however, that every time I've ever seen a garden implement advertised on TV it's always being used on already-prepared soil...

Thanks, Patrick! The short video on the site (the Power Planter ad was actually embedded in Sutz' Sciency Stuff segment showing the slo-mo magnets) seems to show holes being made in a lawn, FWIW.

I agree with Geek. I have used heavy ones on a tractor....and hand ones that can be used by 2 men. Not as much fun and ease as they seem.

Aussie. You got mail.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:35 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information