Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Science finds that all dogs are cognitively impaired

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • https://news.nationalgeographic.com/201 ... evolution/

Basically, all dogs are varying degrees of the "R" word. I'm not surprised whatsoever. It actually explains their tendencies quite well. I knew my annoyance with dogs in general my entire lifetime was justified for some reason, lol.

#Cats4Life
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• I want a fox. Unfortunately, owning one as a pet is illegal in my state because of its rabies control laws.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• Only cat people feel the need to defend their pet of choice...
    HAWKAMANIA
    NET Veteran

• HAWKAMANIA wrote:Only cat people feel the need to defend their pet of choice...

Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

• I'd rather be friends with cats and dogs than most humans.
    "Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

- Excerpt from Jimmy James: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• WmHBonney wrote:
    HAWKAMANIA wrote:Only cat people feel the need to defend their pet of choice...

BTW, cats can be awesome, and dogs can be shitty.

"Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• My problem with dogs is that dog owners act like you are some form of the Antichrist if you don't like them.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

• Seanhawk wrote:My problem with dogs is that dog owners act like you are some form of the Antichrist if you don't like them.

No, not "some form". The purest form.
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

• Great vid Maulbert. Kudos to that pussy!
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

• Of course, if cats get really evil, you just get scratched.

If dogs get evil, someone dies.
    GO HAWKS!!!

MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• Now we're going to see emotional support dogs with emotional support dogs.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

???
    Last edited by fenderbender123 on Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

• ...and now there's a new study that says dogs are twice as smart as cats.

http://komonews.com/news/nation-world/new-study-finds-dogs-are-more-than-twice-as-smart-as-cats

For the record, I love cats AND dogs. If you held my feet to the fire, I'd probably say I like cats a little better because they're less needy, but one thing my love for animals has never been informed by is the estimate of their intelligence. Are animals some level of stupid? Yes, but they also have a tendency to play dumb if you don't expect better of them, and generally, I feel people have a bad habit of underestimating what they can understand.

Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• My biggest problem with dogs is that their owners will say things like "sorry I have to leave early" or "sorry I can't make it over for dinner and drinks" or "I'd love to join you for a weekend in Vegas but I just can't do it" because they have a stupid dog at home to take care of. Bollocks.
    Image Always been a Seahawks fan
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

• Zebulon Dak wrote:My biggest problem with dogs is that their owners will say things like "sorry I have to leave early" or "sorry I can't make it over for dinner and drinks" or "I'd love to join you for a weekend in Vegas but I just can't do it" because they have a stupid dog at home to take care of. Bollocks.

Sounds like an excuse to me so that you blame the dog instead of the people.

Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Maulbert wrote:...and now there's a new study that says dogs are twice as smart as cats.

http://komonews.com/news/nation-world/new-study-finds-dogs-are-more-than-twice-as-smart-as-cats

For the record, I love cats AND dogs. If you held my feet to the fire, I'd probably say I like cats a little better because they're less needy, but one thing my love for animals has never been informed by is the estimate of their intelligence. Are animals some level of stupid? Yes, but they also have a tendency to play dumb if you don't expect better of them, and generally, I feel people have a bad habit of underestimating what they can understand.

It took me all of three minutes of Googling and reading to poke a pretty huge hole in that argument. The entire basis of that link is that cats have half as many cortical neurons as dogs. The implication being, more cortical neurons = more intelligence.

Why is there a species of dolphin that has more cortical neurons than human beings do, then? Shouldn't they be our more intelligent overlords by now?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4244864/
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• I'll buy that dolphins are smarter than humans. They just can't do anything with it because they have no phalanges.
    Image Always been a Seahawks fan
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:...and now there's a new study that says dogs are twice as smart as cats.

It took me all of three minutes of Googling and reading to poke a pretty huge hole in that argument. The entire basis of that link is that cats have half as many cortical neurons as dogs. The implication being, more cortical neurons = more intelligence.

Why is there a species of dolphin that has more cortical neurons than human beings do, then? Shouldn't they be our more intelligent overlords by now?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4244864/

My main point in posting it was to say you can always find a study online that backs up what you think. That's easy. There's always some kind of bias behind any study, including the one you posted.

Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Since we are doing studies, I'll just leave this here

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.vande ... -dogs/amp/

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• RolandDeschain wrote:Why is there a species of dolphin that has more cortical neurons than human beings do, then? Shouldn't they be our more intelligent overlords by now?

Don't get SmokinHawk started.
    GO HAWKS!!!

MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:40 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information