Elise Woodward out at KJR

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Just heard the beginning of the Elise and Jerry show... which is now officially lacking one of its titular co-hosts.

Any thoughts on this? On one hand, it's kind of a shame that the only prominent, female voice on local sports talk (and there's quite a bit of that nowadays, jeez. The local sports talk, I mean) is gone. One the other hand, I didn't really enjoy her work that much, outside of basketball. She had the jock's insight into her own sport, but she seemed to lack the journalist's insight into other things, and sometimes I'd just get annoyed at her surface-level take. That's what Softy's for...

Tical21

Reaction score
Hopefully not. She was tolerable with Locke but lost ever since.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Oh man, I really like Elise. I thought she always had a strong voice and backed it up with fact.

She was probably the least emotional host!

Any word on her destination?

davidonmi

Reaction score
Her show was horrible. Finally a good move from KJR

byau

Reaction score
I liked her a lot. The rapport with Jerry was nice to listen to and over the summer I still listened to Elise & Jerry shoes leading up to SB 48 and post SB 48.

chris98251

Reaction score
Did she piss of Mitch, seems like anyone he doesn't like isn't long for employment there.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
chris98251":2wdwufj6 said:
Did she piss of Mitch, seems like anyone he doesn't like isn't long for employment there.
Yeah, that wouldn't shock me. While they are cleaning house they should have 86'ed Mitch as well.

Don't be surprised if Spike O'niell formerly of the Bob Rivers show gets a permanent gig there eventually. He is light on "sports knowledge" but has a "personality", and might be able to draw old Bob River's listeners to that station.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Maulbert":11st9s6y said:
Too bad they didn't toss out Softy. KJR is completely inferior to KIRO in the local programming department.

Softy is a hopelessly stupid human being, but does have an infectious enthusiasm level that I think makes his show reasonably listenable. With him operating across from Danny O'Neil and Jim Moore (who I'm very glad 710 quarantined into a spot together so that I can avoid both simultaneously), if I'm going to turn on something live I'll generally pick him.

Maulbert

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":11iu8ew4 said:
Maulbert":11iu8ew4 said:
Too bad they didn't toss out Softy. KJR is completely inferior to KIRO in the local programming department.

Softy is a hopelessly stupid human being, but does have an infectious enthusiasm level that I think makes his show reasonably listenable. With him operating across from Danny O'Neil and Jim Moore (who I'm very glad 710 quarantined into a spot together so that I can avoid both simultaneously), if I'm going to turn on something live I'll generally pick him.

Danny and Jim may be homers, but at least they own up to it. That blowhard Softy's brand of bull**** makes me scramble for the dial. I'd rather listen to 1,000 years of Danny and Jim before I listen to 1 minute of Softy. Besides, I rather like Dave Wyman.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Maulbert":25uxyef8 said:
MidwestHawker":25uxyef8 said:
Maulbert":25uxyef8 said:

Danny and Jim may be homers, but at least they own up to it. That blowhard Softy's brand of bull**** makes me scramble for the dial. I'd rather listen to 1,000 years of Danny and Jim before I listen to 1 minute of Softy. Besides, I rather like Dave Wyman.
Good. Then you can just change the dial.

I like softy. Only because he is real fan of Seattle sports and represents my enthusiasm and every other die hard Seattle sports fans enthusiasm regarding our local sports.

He is corny but he's home grown and you can't fake what he is.

Turn the dial.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":mlr8cy6e said:
Maulbert":mlr8cy6e said:
MidwestHawker":mlr8cy6e said:
Maulbert":mlr8cy6e said:

Good. Then you can just change the dial.

I like softy. Only because he is real fan of Seattle sports and represents my enthusiasm and every other die hard Seattle sports fans enthusiasm regarding our local sports.

He is corny but he's home grown and you can't fake what he is.

Turn the dial.

No, Brock Huard is corny. Softy is a blowhard. And it's not as if Danny and Jim aren't from around here.