A local team headed to Williamsport, PA

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The Pacific Little League allstar team out of Edmonds/Lynnwood is going to the Little League World Series after their win today 6-3 over a very good Bend, Oregon team. These kids were 3 outs away from not making it out of districts in their homepark but overcame it to get to state and win state from the losers bracket, and then go 6-0 in the regionals in San Bernardino, it's a great accomplishment just to make from Williamsport and be one of the top 8 teams in this country. :th2thumbs:

My nephew is Mason #24 (for beastmode) Edit: Little League got them new unis and the numbers only go so high Mason is now #4 an OF/P on the team. I'm a proud uncle and would appreciate it if .netters sent positive vibes these kid's way, I'm lucky I have a great kid as a nephew and his team that is full of great kids that play the sport of baseball because they love the sport!

If you want to check out their website it's pacificlittleleague.com,
And they play their first game Thursday vs a very good Great Lakes team from Chicago.
It will be on ESPN at noon on Thursday.

Go Pacific! :th2thumbs:
Go Mason! :th2thumbs:

Smurf

Reaction score
My cousin played in it with the Redmond team years ago! Such a great experience for those kids.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Smurf":2ceft3sd said:
My cousin played in it with the Redmond team years ago! Such a great experience for those kids.
That's awesome, I remember that team. I've heard that from everyone. I guess they treat these kids like kings there and is one of the best run tournaments in the world. My nephew is on cloud 9 right now, it's going to be such an awesome experience for him and his friends on the team. :)

Go Pacific!
Go Mason!

Smurf

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":ldjnk3gf said:
Smurf":ldjnk3gf said:
That's awesome, I remember that team. I've heard that from everyone. I guess they treat these kids like kings there and is one of the best run tournaments in the world. My nephew is on cloud 9 right now, it's going to be such an awesome experience for him and his friends on the team. :)

Go Pacific!
Go Mason!
Yeah, I actually flew out there to support them. Great experience. Lots of fun for sure.

And I guess one of those kids just got drafted into the MLB in the first round or something like that (10 mil signing bonus) so that's pretty cool.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
ZorntoLargent":1iv51caw said:
I grew up w Ross Kruse. His son is on the team.
Ross is a great guy and his son Logan is a very nice kid, he is good friends with my nephew.

Logan probably has the best fundamentally sound swing on the team and has surprising home run power for a shorter kid. Many of the opposing teams in the tournaments are stunned when he goes yard. He is also a pretty good pitcher.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I actually was a Pacific LL All Star back in the day, good to see the local boys representin'!!

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SonicHawk":2lzrpan1 said:
I actually was a Pacific LL All Star back in the day, good to see the local boys representin'!!
NICE!

I wish I had played on fields as nice as Lynndale park field #1.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3ja6sj5t said:
SonicHawk":3ja6sj5t said:
NICE!

I wish I played on fields as nice as Lynndale park field #1.

I moved to select a year later, but as an 11 year old I played on the AS team that competed in state for the LLWS opportunity. It was the only few times I got to play at #1. Go Kathol Roofing!

We had a kid who threw no doubt 85mph at 13. He was dominant, threw his arm out in HS unfortunately.

A

Anonymous

The team from Pearland, TX is going. Pearland is a southeastern suburb of Houston, close to NASA.

They're good too. Really good.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":267iwypj said:
ZorntoLargent":267iwypj said:
Ross is a great guy and his son Logan is a very nice kid, he is good friends with my nephew.

Logan probably has the best fundamentally sound swing on the team and has surprising home run power for a shorter kid. Many of the opposing teams in the tournaments are stunned when he goes yard. He is also a pretty good pitcher.
LOL, shorter kid? I guess he got that from Ross........... we once put Ross in a sewer to get a ball that went down there. He was the only one that fit.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
ZorntoLargent":3fl467j3 said:
Sports Hernia":3fl467j3 said:
ZorntoLargent":3fl467j3 said:

LOL, shorter kid? I guess he got that from Ross........... we once put Ross in a sewer to get a ball that went down there. He was the only one that fit.
LOL, yeah, but his boy can hit, and his younger son looks like he is going to be a great hitter as well.

They'll be wearing maroon and gray uni's (come on LL, purple and gold would have been better 8) ) but if you see a lot of kids using green barrelled bats those are the 2015 models that are not out yet that Easton gave each kid ($469 retail). I guess yesterday was like Christmas for the kids as they got all new equipment and uniforms for free. LL does this tournament right and the sponsors spoil the kids, which is part of the payoff for months of daily practice and hard work.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":1j6ns01p said:
The team from Pearland, TX is going. Pearland is a southeastern suburb of Houston, close to NASA.

They're good too. Really good.
I think they were first to qualify.
Most of these teams are real good. Top 8 in the country. :)

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sadly the boys got stomped 12-2 against a great Chicago team. They picked the wrong time to stop hitting.
In the bottom of the first inning (down 2-0) with 1 out My nephew Mason forced an error with his speed on and infield grounder and got to second on the play and then scored when Tyler doubled who scored when Tygan singled.

I think the Great Lakes team from Chicago is going to win it all, or at least the US title, as they hit EVERYTHING HARD, against some great pitching.

Looks like they (Pacific/Washington/Northwest) play a beatable South Dakota team Saturday at 11am on channel 4 (ABC). Its a double elim tourney with 3 games guaranteed......
Hopefully a happy result on saturday. :th2thumbs:

Largent80

Reaction score
L.L.W.S. is one of my fav. things to watch. Kids playing a game, what could be better. It is great for communities as well.

I hope they do well.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I saw that one of the players from the Great Lakes team had a monster game. He went 4/4 with 3 HRs and a triple. Lynnwood was putting runs up like that during the qualification rounds, hopefully they can get back to scoring runs. They'll have to do it the hard way from here on out. One more loss and they are eliminated.

mbtitleist

Reaction score
It's certainly possible that they go on a run and I hope they do. I remember the first tournament that I played as 10 year old all-star, we lost the first game and then had to come thru the losers bracket and I believe we won 7 in a row to take the championship.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
mbtitleist":117zq0ed said:
It's certainly possible that they go on a run and I hope they do. I remember the first tournament that I played as 10 year old all-star, we lost the first game and then had to come thru the losers bracket and I believe we won 7 in a row to take the championship.
This Pacific team did that very thing at state, losing the second game and won 6 or 7 in a row to win state and the right to go to San Bernardino. My brother said my nephew signed his first autograph today and had his picture taken with 10 random girls so I think he is having fun, and the team is over yesterday's loss. I expect them to bounce back tomorrow and score some runs and pitch like they have most of the year!

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawkfan68":fhafzgvy said:
I saw that one of the players from the Great Lakes team had a monster game. He went 4/4 with 3 HRs and a triple. Lynnwood was putting runs up like that during the qualification rounds, hopefully they can get back to scoring runs. They'll have to do it the hard way from here on out. One more loss and they are eliminated.
Yep, see my post above. That Great Lakes team feasted on the fastball yesterday, where most of the other games the pitchers were throwing the ball by the hitters...... I think if they get a chance to play them again the pitch selection will be better and mixed up more. Pacific should have hit that starting pitcher more than they did, but the kid (Great lakes) they brought in to start the 5th inning threw FLAMES and had great control.

mbtitleist

Reaction score
And there's some drama at the end of the game. Runners on 1st and 2nd, 2 outs and the ball is hit to CF, the runner that was on 2nd rounds 3rd and trips and falls about halfway to home. He gets up and tries to make it to home but goes even further out of the base path and is called out for out 3 and Washington wins. I feel for that kid that tripped though...