2014 Summer Transfer Window

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. RATING: PG-13
2014 Summer Transfer Window
Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:47 pm
  • Might as well start a thread since the window officially opens in 5 days
    User avatar
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1817
    Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
    Location: SW Florida


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:03 pm
  • Shut up, Gatehawk.

    Anyway, looks like United have nabbed Shaw and Herrera. Good couple of buys on the surface. Herrera I admittedly don't know much about. Shaw looks quality, but we'll see. The lad's still young, I'll be interested to see the fee. 34 mil was touted but seems ludicrous, but you never know.

    Liverpool still in for Lallana apparently, and have ended their interest in Sevilla LB Alberto Moreno. Just right, Sevilla were asking too much. Plenty of other options available to us, so we'll see what happens.

    Lovren and Caulker are both heavily linked to Liverpool also, and now Phil Thompson's come out and said that a Liverpool move for Alexis Sanchez is 'done', so we'll see what happens there. Shaquiri obviously has the talent to play at the highest level of football, but it seems to be consistency as the issue with him. All I know is, if Suarez goes, we won't replace him with one player, we'll have to do it on aggregate.

    I guess I'm gonna go on record and say that while I'm disappointed in Suarez, I don't think he needs to be shipped just because. Yes, he's a nutcase and needs lots of help, but he's a God among insects on the football pitch and performs actual miracles seemingly every week. He's passionate, and obviously has no impulse control, but christ on a bike, can he ever play football. I want Liverpool to keep him. No-one gives a shit about bad press if you're winning trophies, and we can win trophies with Suarez. If he goes, we need Sanchez and Shaquiri at a minimum. If he stays, then one or the other of those two will be fine.
    I am RolandDeschain's property for this week until Sunday evening. I lost a bet.
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 10875
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Helm's Deep


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:02 am
  • SkySports are reporting 30 million pounds for Luke Shaw from United. Talk about over the odds. for a 19 yr old LB? Wind your neck in....


    *edit* - just found out they paid 30 million for Ander Herrera, too. What is going on at Old Trafford? $60 million for two largely unproven players. Insane.
    I am RolandDeschain's property for this week until Sunday evening. I lost a bet.
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 10875
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Helm's Deep


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:03 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:SkySports are reporting 30 million pounds for Luke Shaw from United. Talk about over the odds. for a 19 yr old LB? Wind your neck in....


    *edit* - just found out they paid 30 million for Ander Herrera, too. What is going on at Old Trafford? $60 million for two largely unproven players. Insane.


    Could be worse could spend a load on Rickie Lambert.
    User avatar
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 803
    Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:08 pm


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:21 am
  • UK_Seahawk wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:SkySports are reporting 30 million pounds for Luke Shaw from United. Talk about over the odds. for a 19 yr old LB? Wind your neck in....


    *edit* - just found out they paid 30 million for Ander Herrera, too. What is going on at Old Trafford? $60 million for two largely unproven players. Insane.


    Could be worse could spend a load on Rickie Lambert.


    Who spent a load on Rickie Lambert?
    I am RolandDeschain's property for this week until Sunday evening. I lost a bet.
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 10875
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Helm's Deep


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:54 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:
    UK_Seahawk wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:SkySports are reporting 30 million pounds for Luke Shaw from United. Talk about over the odds. for a 19 yr old LB? Wind your neck in....


    *edit* - just found out they paid 30 million for Ander Herrera, too. What is going on at Old Trafford? $60 million for two largely unproven players. Insane.


    Could be worse could spend a load on Rickie Lambert.


    Who spent a load on Rickie Lambert?


    I think that says everything.
    User avatar
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 803
    Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:08 pm


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:58 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:
    UK_Seahawk wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:SkySports are reporting 30 million pounds for Luke Shaw from United. Talk about over the odds. for a 19 yr old LB? Wind your neck in....


    *edit* - just found out they paid 30 million for Ander Herrera, too. What is going on at Old Trafford? $60 million for two largely unproven players. Insane.


    Could be worse could spend a load on Rickie Lambert.


    Who spent a load on Rickie Lambert?

    His father?
    Image
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    User avatar
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 6295
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:21 am
  • UK_Seahawk wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:
    UK_Seahawk wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:SkySports are reporting 30 million pounds for Luke Shaw from United. Talk about over the odds. for a 19 yr old LB? Wind your neck in....


    *edit* - just found out they paid 30 million for Ander Herrera, too. What is going on at Old Trafford? $60 million for two largely unproven players. Insane.


    Could be worse could spend a load on Rickie Lambert.


    Who spent a load on Rickie Lambert?


    I think that says everything.


    So, let me get this straight....you're comparing spending 4 million pounds on an experienced striker who scored 13 league goals last season - to spending a total of 60 million pounds on a 19 yr old Left Back who's has one good season, and an unproven spanish midfielder who couldn't even get into the Spain national team for the WC? Is that about right? Is 4 million a 'load' nowadays?

    Shelve it, twat.
    I am RolandDeschain's property for this week until Sunday evening. I lost a bet.
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 10875
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Helm's Deep


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:33 am
  • Yeeeeeooooooo!

    25 million is a bit too much here, IMO. Still a quality addition. Sanchez deal next!
    I am RolandDeschain's property for this week until Sunday evening. I lost a bet.
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 10875
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Helm's Deep


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:34 am
  • SeatownJay wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:
    UK_Seahawk wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:SkySports are reporting 30 million pounds for Luke Shaw from United. Talk about over the odds. for a 19 yr old LB? Wind your neck in....


    *edit* - just found out they paid 30 million for Ander Herrera, too. What is going on at Old Trafford? $60 million for two largely unproven players. Insane.


    Could be worse could spend a load on Rickie Lambert.


    Who spent a load on Rickie Lambert?

    His father?


    Funniest. Post. Ever.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    User avatar
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 11074
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:27 am
  • UK with a home run there...

    Shaw and Herrera are good players and will help United. They have to pay over the odds to make sure given their current state.

    Lallana is done. Great signing for us. Hoping Moreno follows, and then Sanchez (and possibly Shaqiri) as well as a CB (Lovren). its a long list, but I think Suarez will be moved (Agger and Aspas as well) Honestly, i love him as a player and I fear for our time without him. But the rest of the world just isnt as fixated at tearing him down as the English are (rightfully so, not condoning his actions. he's an idiot). but his antics will be laughed off in Spain, whereas in England they just hate it. Probably best for all involved to go. If he stays, i'd be happy as well.

    United sold Ronaldo, won tropies. Arsenal have sold Nasri, Fabregas and RVP, maintain their top 4 status. It can be done, just needs to be done better than Spurs.
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4990
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:33 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:UK with a home run there...

    Shaw and Herrera are good players and will help United. They have to pay over the odds to make sure given their current state.

    Lallana is done. Great signing for us. Hoping Moreno follows, and then Sanchez (and possibly Shaqiri) as well as a CB (Lovren). its a long list, but I think Suarez will be moved (Agger and Aspas as well) Honestly, i love him as a player and I fear for our time without him. But the rest of the world just isnt as fixated at tearing him down as the English are (rightfully so, not condoning his actions. he's an idiot). but his antics will be laughed off in Spain, whereas in England they just hate it. Probably best for all involved to go. If he stays, i'd be happy as well.

    United sold Ronaldo, won tropies. Arsenal have sold Nasri, Fabregas and RVP, maintain their top 4 status. It can be done, just needs to be done better than Spurs.


    Yeah, I mean, if Suarez goes, then we HAVE to get Sanchez and Shaquiri at a minimum. I'd heard the Moreno deal is off the table now with "No chance of reviving it". Are you hearing something else?


    Anyway, to your point about United - I understand WHY they're paying that much, but I guess I'm just surprised to see the tables turned. We were in that position for the last few years and they enjoyed laughing at us about it. Now they're having to pay way over the odds to attract players who may or may not pan out because they have no CL football to offer and face an uphill battle to break back into the top 4. Shaw looks like he has real quality, and could anchor the position for years like Evra did. On the other hand, he could regress or not fit in Van Gaal's system. Herrera....I dunno. I can't see any way that 30 mil is justified for him.


    UK - I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt here. Did you mean to say Andy Carroll and not Rickie Lambert? Otherwise I'm not sure what you're talking about.
    I am RolandDeschain's property for this week until Sunday evening. I lost a bet.
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 10875
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Helm's Deep


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:00 am
  • Ive read that the Moreno thing is still in the balance. As the World Cup starts to send teams home I'm sure we will see more movement.

    Lambert at 4 mill is fine business. He's a bit older and a far different striker than Sturridge, Suarez or even Borini, but he will serve a genuine purpose for us off the bench and in cup games.

    I think Sanchez (or someone of his quality) is coming regardless of the Suarez affair.
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4990
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:20 am
  • SkySports' Spain pundit Guillem Balague is reporting that Barca and Liverpool are in talks about a deal for Suarez, with Sanchez and Pedro coming the other way, plus some cash possibly. Supposedly Real and Barca both are still heavily invested in bringing Suarez to Spain this summer. Honestly, I'd prefer to have him stay, but Sanchez, Pedro and cash would be hard to turn down at this point. My only concern would be the addition of Lallana, Shaquiri and Sanchez slowing down the development of Coutinho and Sterling - but I guess competition breeds improvement. We'll see.
    I am RolandDeschain's property for this week until Sunday evening. I lost a bet.
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 10875
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Helm's Deep


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:33 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:SkySports' Spain pundit Guillem Balague is reporting that Barca and Liverpool are in talks about a deal for Suarez, with Sanchez and Pedro coming the other way, plus some cash possibly. Supposedly Real and Barca both are still heavily invested in bringing Suarez to Spain this summer. Honestly, I'd prefer to have him stay, but Sanchez, Pedro and cash would be hard to turn down at this point. My only concern would be the addition of Lallana, Shaquiri and Sanchez slowing down the development of Coutinho and Sterling - but I guess competition breeds improvement. We'll see.



    Deals like that always seem so far fetched to me. But if Liverpool can get Sanchez and another player (whether its Pedro or Tello) plus cash than you have to take it. Sanchez will be a world beater outside of Barca (where his relationship with Messi is apparently akin to a bullying prevention video). Suarez, Agger and Aspas out, Borinin/Suso back from loan, Lambert, Can, Lallana, Sanchez, Pedro, Lovren, Moreno in. quite a window. will take some time to get that gelling.

    Sterling's development would not be hindered. He's on the team sheet before the manager even picks up his pen. Countinho on the other hand saw some of his playing time limited near the end of last season. I see him becoming more of a rotational player and avoiding matches in which the opposition isnt suited to his strengths. that said, he's developing his overall game quite well (in the mold of Oscar) and far more understanding of his defensive requirements.


    all that said, i'd love to ignore any rumours for Pedro, bring in Sanchez and keep Suarez
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4990
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:42 am
  • Shaw and Herrera are good signings for United at this stage.

    Liverpool looking active to work towards a title.

    Chelsea and Arsenal have been unimpressive as of now.
    Image
    Man up, stand in line.
    User avatar
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *
     
    Posts: 4333
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:08 am
    Location: Brier, WA


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:18 am
  • rumours now of Lazar Markovic to Liverpool... quite the young and talented attacking player he is. signs of bringing in (and reloaning) Belgian striker Origi from Lille as well. couple that with Sanchez and it would seem Rodgers has his mind on attackers and midfields. Obviously Gerrard's time is nearing its end. Suarez seems inevitable (whether this window or next summer)

    you start wondering how many of these deals (not just Liverpool, but all teams) were negotiated prior to or over the World Cup. Today is the first day in 2 weeks without a game and clubs are making the most of it
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4990
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:24 pm
  • Smurf wrote:Chelsea and Arsenal have been unimpressive as of now.


    Well couple of factors might be holding up any activity from Arsenal. Simple ones at that.

    Wenger's in Brazil helping with the French World Cup coverage, and apparently having some fun on the beach. But there were rumors that he left for a couple days to meet with agents of players he might be interested in.

    And the other one, as lame as it sounds, is the kit situation. Arsenal have yet to unveil their first kit under the deal they struck with Puma, and in all honesty, it would be a bit awkward to unveil any new signings in a Nike kit when they aren't associated with them anymore.

    That's not to say they have or haven't made any agreements, the most likely signing at this point is the Ivorian right back Serge Aurier who has impressed me with his play at the World Cup. There's also the constant rumors of Balotelli possibly signing, if he does join, I really hope his attitude is much better than it was when he was at City.

    Arsenal also appear to be in for Alexis Sanchez much like Liverpool is, though what I've heard is that Sanchez is gonna be expensive for Arsenal and might result in Suarez leaving Liverpool in return. It's very much a lottery for him.
    User avatar
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1817
    Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
    Location: SW Florida


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:26 pm
  • Rickie Lambert is shit, more than a pound spent on him is a waste.
    User avatar
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 803
    Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:08 pm


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:20 pm
  • UK_Seahawk wrote:Rickie Lambert is shit, more than a pound spent on him is a waste.


    We're going to agree to disagree I see.
    InSuarezWeTrust
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 431
    Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:34 am


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:57 pm
  • UK_Seahawk wrote:Rickie Lambert is shit, more than a pound spent on him is a waste.


    Averaging 14 league goals a season the last 2 seasons, but aye, you're right, he's shit.

    you're embarrassing yourself, arsehole.
    I am RolandDeschain's property for this week until Sunday evening. I lost a bet.
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 10875
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Helm's Deep


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:53 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:
    UK_Seahawk wrote:Rickie Lambert is shit, more than a pound spent on him is a waste.


    Averaging 14 league goals a season the last 2 seasons, but aye, you're right, he's shit.

    you're embarrassing yourself, arsehole.


    So classy from the scouse wannabe. All that failure must be getting to you. You sound like a whiner.
    User avatar
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 803
    Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:08 pm


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:09 am
  • UK_Seahawk wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:
    UK_Seahawk wrote:Rickie Lambert is shit, more than a pound spent on him is a waste.


    Averaging 14 league goals a season the last 2 seasons, but aye, you're right, he's shit.

    you're embarrassing yourself, arsehole.


    So classy from the scouse wannabe. All that failure must be getting to you. You sound like a whiner.


    How quick you are to call someone a whiner fan (again...you're not even creative)

    Its like youre a Seahawk wannabe
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4990
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:48 pm
  • Kaka has arrived in Orlando and will join Orlando City when they arrive in the MLS next season.
    User avatar
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1817
    Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
    Location: SW Florida


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:17 pm
  • Gatehawk wrote:Kaka has arrived in Orlando and will join Orlando City when they arrive in the MLS next season.


    Good player. Sucks to have to wait to see him in MLS.

    David Villa is coming too. He'll play a year in Australia before NYCFC joins MLS.
    Image
    Man up, stand in line.
    User avatar
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *
     
    Posts: 4333
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:08 am
    Location: Brier, WA


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:03 am
  • Adam Lallana!!

    meh... i dont know about this one. He helps the squad in terms of depth and options. Seems a very solid player who may thrive under BR. But the price tag? Could be an Ozil type player, could be another Joe Allen (neither in terms of ability, as all three play different roles in the midfield, but more in terms of impact)

    Excited about Emre Can though. Talented, young, physical player, shades of a younger Gerrard. Could develop into a very good player for us in the future, while helping us with depth this season.
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4990
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:21 am
  • Lallana should be good. He has pace, quality and some guile. Also likes to score, which never hurts. I think 25 mil is too much, by probably 7 or 8 million, but that's the going rate for British talent as we all know.

    It's looking like Suarez is off to Barca. Fair enough. I'm very grateful for the time he spent here, he was always interesting, at the very least. Some very very memorable performances, too.

    Sanchez will almost certainly come the other way as part of the deal, and this may mean a change of philosophy for BR. Maybe like a 4-1-3-2, with Gerrard hanging back, Henderson, Lallana, Shaquiri/Sanchez, then Sterling/Coutinho tucked in behind Sturridge? I dunno. I imagine there'll be a lot of rotation and formations built to suit the opponent.

    If Shaquiri and Sanchez both come in soon, then it's time to focus on the backline after that. Need 2-3 quality defenders to come in, IMO.
    I am RolandDeschain's property for this week until Sunday evening. I lost a bet.
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 10875
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Helm's Deep


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:00 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:Adam Lallana!!

    meh... i dont know about this one. He helps the squad in terms of depth and options. Seems a very solid player who may thrive under BR. But the price tag? Could be an Ozil type player, could be another Joe Allen (neither in terms of ability, as all three play different roles in the midfield, but more in terms of impact)

    Excited about Emre Can though. Talented, young, physical player, shades of a younger Gerrard. Could develop into a very good player for us in the future, while helping us with depth this season.


    Southampton is no doubt getting a great deal in offloading Lambert, Lallana and Shaw. Probably getting more than they actually should though.
    User avatar
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1817
    Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
    Location: SW Florida


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:54 am
  • Gatehawk wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:Adam Lallana!!

    meh... i dont know about this one. He helps the squad in terms of depth and options. Seems a very solid player who may thrive under BR. But the price tag? Could be an Ozil type player, could be another Joe Allen (neither in terms of ability, as all three play different roles in the midfield, but more in terms of impact)

    Excited about Emre Can though. Talented, young, physical player, shades of a younger Gerrard. Could develop into a very good player for us in the future, while helping us with depth this season.


    Southampton is no doubt getting a great deal in offloading Lambert, Lallana and Shaw. Probably getting more than they actually should though.


    Oh, definitely. Even after giving Bournemouth their 25% sell-on fee from the Lallana sale, they're still going to clear 50+ mil for those 3 players alone. Just hope they re-invest wisely, otherwise it could be back down to the Championship for them.
    I am RolandDeschain's property for this week until Sunday evening. I lost a bet.
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 10875
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Helm's Deep


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:29 am
  • yeah, Southampton the ownership group (which i believe is just some random woman who was given the club after an old man died and left it to her) has made some money. there's no sense of "getting more" until we see what these guys do with their respective clubs. Luke Shaw could redefine the outside back position in the PL. he could become Glen Johnson left. Lambert will be Lambert. his numbers will go down as he's not 90 minutes per any longer. Lalanna will be worth all 25 mill if he increases his production on a side that is already the highest scoring the Prem.

    Whether they reinvest that for Southampton the club remains to be seen. Being a Southampton supporter has got to be a nervy time at the moment. 3 of your top 5 players out and 50+ mill in the hands of someone who doesnt give a s--- about the actual club
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4990
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:45 am
  • Suarez is going to Barcelona. looks like the sides are meeting today. I'd say anything in the 40-50 mil plus Sanchez range is about right. We get a top-notch forward to replace Suarez, plus a bag of money to further strengthen the squad.

    I think even before the bite this was probably inevitable. Your thoughts, Simon?
    I am RolandDeschain's property for this week until Sunday evening. I lost a bet.
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 10875
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Helm's Deep


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:47 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:Suarez is going to Barcelona. looks like the sides are meeting today. I'd say anything in the 40-50 mil plus Sanchez range is about right. We get a top-notch forward to replace Suarez, plus a bag of money to further strengthen the squad.

    I think even before the bite this was probably inevitable. Your thoughts, Simon?



    inevitable there would be discussion, yes. I'm still very surprised its Barca that are interested in him. They're weak in the middle and in the back. age has caught up with them. they rely on the best player in the world to open play up, and hope Neymar (and Sanchez) can expose the compacted defenders on the flanks. Where does Suarez fit in all that? where does his persona fit in a team that belongs to (although very quietly behind closed doors) to Messi? is that Barca's best use of 80-100 million? (especially if they only have one window this season)

    I always thought it would be Real. I still think there are twists to this story. I don't think he's spot on to Barca, or that Sanchez is spot on to come the other way. PSG and Monaco may have a say.
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4990
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:33 pm
  • The first name on the potential long list of Suitors for DeAndre Yedlin is Inter Milan. Reports coming out that they are interested in the Seattle Native..

    The price tag for Yedlin will most likely be north of $5 Million.

    The first of many I'm sure.
    Image
    Man up, stand in line.
    User avatar
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *
     
    Posts: 4333
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:08 am
    Location: Brier, WA


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:49 pm
  • Smurf wrote:The first name on the potential long list of Suitors for DeAndre Yedlin is Inter Milan. Reports coming out that they are interested in the Seattle Native..

    The price tag for Yedlin will most likely be north of $5 Million.

    The first of many I'm sure.

    His name (as well as Johnsons) popped up on the Liverpool site I visit.

    Would love to see it to be honest...an American field player at Liverpool
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4990
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:00 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Smurf wrote:The first name on the potential long list of Suitors for DeAndre Yedlin is Inter Milan. Reports coming out that they are interested in the Seattle Native..

    The price tag for Yedlin will most likely be north of $5 Million.

    The first of many I'm sure.

    His name (as well as Johnsons) popped up on the Liverpool site I visit.

    Would love to see it to be honest...an American field player at Liverpool


    Yedlin would make some sense, we need FB help for sure, and he fits the mold of what Rodgers likes - young, athletic, likes to get forward.

    Would love to see him in Liverpool Red.
    I am RolandDeschain's property for this week until Sunday evening. I lost a bet.
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 10875
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Helm's Deep


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:56 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote: I'd say anything in the 40-50 mil plus Sanchez range is about right.


    Keep dreaming, Suarez is damaged goods. As if anyone is going to pay in the area of 70m.
    User avatar
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 803
    Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:08 pm


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:30 am
  • UK_Seahawk wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote: I'd say anything in the 40-50 mil plus Sanchez range is about right.


    Keep dreaming, Suarez is damaged goods. As if anyone is going to pay in the area of 70m.


    LOL, are you deliberately trying to come across as naive and stupid? Talks are ongoing with Barca, they are at 60m, we are at 80 and sticking firm. I'd say the area of 70m sounds about right. What will you say when that happens?
    I am RolandDeschain's property for this week until Sunday evening. I lost a bet.
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 10875
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Helm's Deep


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:27 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    Smurf wrote:The first name on the potential long list of Suitors for DeAndre Yedlin is Inter Milan. Reports coming out that they are interested in the Seattle Native..

    The price tag for Yedlin will most likely be north of $5 Million.

    The first of many I'm sure.

    His name (as well as Johnsons) popped up on the Liverpool site I visit.

    Would love to see it to be honest...an American field player at Liverpool


    Yedlin would make some sense, we need FB help for sure, and he fits the mold of what Rodgers likes - young, athletic, likes to get forward.

    Would love to see him in Liverpool Red.



    I would have to switch allegiances...
    Image
    Man up, stand in line.
    User avatar
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *
     
    Posts: 4333
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:08 am
    Location: Brier, WA


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:35 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:
    UK_Seahawk wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote: I'd say anything in the 40-50 mil plus Sanchez range is about right.


    Keep dreaming, Suarez is damaged goods. As if anyone is going to pay in the area of 70m.


    LOL, are you deliberately trying to come across as naive and stupid? Talks are ongoing with Barca, they are at 60m, we are at 80 and sticking firm. I'd say the area of 70m sounds about right. What will you say when that happens?



    why bother with him?
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4990
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:00 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:
    UK_Seahawk wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote: I'd say anything in the 40-50 mil plus Sanchez range is about right.


    Keep dreaming, Suarez is damaged goods. As if anyone is going to pay in the area of 70m.


    LOL, are you deliberately trying to come across as naive and stupid? Talks are ongoing with Barca, they are at 60m, we are at 80 and sticking firm. I'd say the area of 70m sounds about right. What will you say when that happens?



    why bother with him?


    I can't help it. It would be one thing to poke fun at Liverpool because they're losing their best player - and the best player in the premier league - but to claim that he's not worth the asking price is just dumb. Completely dumb.


    Smurf, you'll be more than welcome. :thirishdrinkers:
    I am RolandDeschain's property for this week until Sunday evening. I lost a bet.
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 10875
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Helm's Deep


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:08 am
  • I wouldn't care too much about it to be honest... he's either being dumb on purpose, or simply because its his nature. either way, he's the loser in that.

    I had not realized that after the Bale selling (and Modric the year before) and all the terrible football Spurs played last year they only finished 3 points off their pace from the pre-Bale year, a year in which they finished 4th.

    I'm resigned to losing Suarez, and cant make up my mind if its good or bad (which means its both). I guess the positive is we will be free of the constant speculation regarding him and will have a handful of new players in. Whether that all works out to be better than an actual Suarez scoring actual goals will be the question of the season.
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4990
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:50 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:I wouldn't care too much about it to be honest... he's either being dumb on purpose, or simply because its his nature. either way, he's the loser in that.

    I had not realized that after the Bale selling (and Modric the year before) and all the terrible football Spurs played last year they only finished 3 points off their pace from the pre-Bale year, a year in which they finished 4th.

    I'm resigned to losing Suarez, and cant make up my mind if its good or bad (which means its both). I guess the positive is we will be free of the constant speculation regarding him and will have a handful of new players in. Whether that all works out to be better than an actual Suarez scoring actual goals will be the question of the season.



    Well, think of it like this. You're not ever going to get a 1 to 1 replacement of Suarez. So the best we can hope is to bring in 30 goals on aggregate somehow. That'll be a combination of Sturridge, Sterling and Coutinho scoring more goals, Along with Lalanna, Origi (hopefully), Sanchez (maybe) and shaquiri (hope) all kicking in goals.

    My bigger concern is when it comes to the CL. We already know we're in pot 3 and will likely face a daunting group. We have experience at out-smarting (most) of the English teams, but euro footy is just different. Our shaky defense scares the pants off of me when it comes to the group stages. I'll be happy getting out of whatever group we're in and maybe making a run to the QF or SF round. We'll see.
    I am RolandDeschain's property for this week until Sunday evening. I lost a bet.
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 10875
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Helm's Deep


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:36 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:Suarez is going to Barcelona. looks like the sides are meeting today. I'd say anything in the 40-50 mil plus Sanchez range is about right. We get a top-notch forward to replace Suarez, plus a bag of money to further strengthen the squad.

    I think even before the bite this was probably inevitable. Your thoughts, Simon?



    inevitable there would be discussion, yes. I'm still very surprised its Barca that are interested in him. They're weak in the middle and in the back. age has caught up with them. they rely on the best player in the world to open play up, and hope Neymar (and Sanchez) can expose the compacted defenders on the flanks. Where does Suarez fit in all that? where does his persona fit in a team that belongs to (although very quietly behind closed doors) to Messi? is that Barca's best use of 80-100 million? (especially if they only have one window this season)

    I always thought it would be Real. I still think there are twists to this story. I don't think he's spot on to Barca, or that Sanchez is spot on to come the other way. PSG and Monaco may have a say.


    If Suarez is indeed going to Barca, the only roadblock in that deal would be Sancez, there's been rumors that Liverpool isn't his preferred choice and if they're true, Suarez might not be off to Catalonia.
    User avatar
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1817
    Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
    Location: SW Florida


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:15 pm
  • I believe Suarez is going... It will either be a massive massive sum or a massive sum + Sanchez

    Rumours are derived to get clicks. No one knows nothing at this point

    No deal has been agreed...that I can tell you
    Last edited by Uncle Si on Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4990
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:50 pm
  • I heard Liverpool demand 88M€
    User avatar
    Nog
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 172
    Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:26 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:49 am
  • I'm hearing 90 million has been agreed on for Suarez.
    Image
    Man up, stand in line.
    User avatar
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *
     
    Posts: 4333
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:08 am
    Location: Brier, WA


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:37 am
  • Pounds or Euros, Smurf?

    Liverpool want 80 million pounds, or a players plus cash equivalent.

    Everyone is repoting the deal is close to done and should be finalized by Sunday at the latest, but it's going to be cash only. Gate, all rumors point to Sanchez wanting to play for Arsenal. Would be a fantastic get for you guys.

    Liverpool had an 18 mil offer for Lovren turned down by So'ton. Can see why, they don't want to sell half their team to us. Liverpool need to buy 2 top-class scorers and 2 top class defenders once Suarez goes. We'll see what happens.
    I am RolandDeschain's property for this week until Sunday evening. I lost a bet.
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 10875
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Helm's Deep


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:00 am
  • Euro.
    Image
    Man up, stand in line.
    User avatar
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *
     
    Posts: 4333
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:08 am
    Location: Brier, WA


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:15 am
  • It won't be 90 and I'd be shocked if Sanchez ends up at Arsenal... Media speculation has been quite "special" around this one..

    I've a feeling it'll be done soon with some shocks. BBC noe reporting 60 with intimations Sanchez is included.

    Where Alexis wants to go is London media aiming for read
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4990
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:07 pm
  • Not sure that Barça is making a good deal. Suarez will not play before November.
    User avatar
    Nog
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 172
    Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:26 pm
    Location: Seattle


Next


It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:13 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests