Another year of Mariners Pain

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. RATING: PG-13
Another year of Mariners Pain
Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:52 pm
  • Every year I get MLB TV so I can watch my Mariners. (only way to see them in Canada). Been a fan since 1977. Every year they kill me. (BTW the only years they were ever any good in the 90s I was in Australia and didn't get to enjoy it)

So again tonight after they killed Felix for the 6th time this year with no run support so that he does not get the win or decision, I get to the point where all I want to do is PUKE.

I try sooo hard to support the team and to make excuses. But when the worst hitting team in the American league loses to a worst hitting team in the National league and when the bastards again rip out the heart of Felix with another crappy performance I get soooo despondent.

I want them to win. I am hoping they will win, but I am done I cant go through another night like this watching them make mediocre pitchers look like Cy Young while they give no support to Felix or Kuma.

Please: FOOTBALL you can not get here fast enough.

Sorry all you guys who can continue this constant killing of your heart and soul but I can not. DONE!!!

I am sure there is some jerk out there to hang onto this thread to shove in my face if they make the playoffs, and I hope they do but they give far tooo much pain getting there.
    Member of 38 Plus club. Seahawks + PC/JS + Russell Wilson = Superbowl XLVIII +
    rainger
    NET Veteran

Re: Another year of Mariners Pain
Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:58 pm
  • rainger wrote:Every year I get MLB TV so I can watch my Mariners. (only way to see them in Canada). Been a fan since 1977. Every year they kill me. (BTW the only years they were ever any good in the 90s I was in Australia and didn't get to enjoy it)

So again tonight after they killed Felix for the 6th time this year with no run support so that he does not get the win or decision, I get to the point where all I want to do is PUKE.

I try sooo hard to support the team and to make excuses. But when the worst hitting team in the American league loses to a worst hitting team in the National league and when the bastards again rip out the heart of Felix with another crappy performance I get soooo despondent.

I want them to win. I am hoping they will win, but I am done I cant go through another night like this watching them make mediocre pitchers look like Cy Young while they give no support to Felix or Kuma.

Sorry all you guys who can continue this constant killing of your heart and soul but I can not. DONE!!!

I am sure there is some jerk out there to hang onto this thread to shove in my face if they make the playoffs, and I hope they do but they give far tooo much pain getting there.

There is already a thread for the Mariners; you do not deserve your own.
    I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:00 pm
    KitsapHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:50 pm
  • One would think that people would become numb to it.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:40 pm
  • CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
    rainger wrote:Every year I get MLB TV so I can watch my Mariners. (only way to see them in Canada). Been a fan since 1977. Every year they kill me. (BTW the only years they were ever any good in the 90s I was in Australia and didn't get to enjoy it)

There is already a thread for the Mariners; you do not deserve your own.

I understand the fustration believe me but I have felt the same at times with the Hawks and many times with the Sonics both have a title ..It will happen one day ..You have came this far- why quit now...I do agree however that this thread should be in the other Mariner thread..
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:48 am

Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:10 am
  • Oh I wont quit. That post was after 6 beer and a bottle wine. But I am not going watch as much.

My pain was a bout pain the mariners give me. Is there a law that everything that is said about the Mariners has to be jumbled into 1 thread?

If so that is idiotic the Mariners are too big a subject for every comment to have to be in there. Now it there was another thread that wanted to bitch about the pain the Mariners was giving I would agree.
    rainger
    NET Veteran

Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:33 am
  • rainger wrote:Oh I wont quit. That post was after 6 beer and a bottle wine. But I am not going watch as much.

My pain was a bout pain the mariners give me. Is there a law that everything that is said about the Mariners has to be jumbled into 1 thread?

If so that is idiotic the Mariners are too big a subject for every comment to have to be in there. Now it there was another thread that wanted to bitch about the pain the Mariners was giving I would agree.

There are plenty of people that like to cry and whine like you in the Mariners thread so, yes, post this sniveling drivel in there.
    I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:53 pm
  • CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
    rainger wrote:Oh I wont quit. That post was after 6 beer and a bottle wine. But I am not going watch as much.

There are plenty of people that like to cry and whine like you in the Mariners thread so, yes, post this sniveling drivel in there.

Really? Unfreakinbelievable.

As for your feelings on the team OP, I get it. I'm actually enjoying them being around .500 this year which is a definite improvement over what we've seen recently, but it sure would be nice if some day they actually give Felix some run support.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:32 pm
  • Ironically, probably the best Mariner team was the one that the strike killed. They were on fire, making up a whole game almost every day in 94-95, then the strike came and even though they did damage, it wasn't as good as it could have been.

M's are the Cubs west.

BTW, soccer sucks, even the world cup can't make it watchable.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:24 am
  • Largent80 wrote:Ironically, probably the best Mariner team was the one that the strike killed. They were on fire, making up a whole game almost every day in 94-95, then the strike came and even though they did damage, it wasn't as good as it could have been.

M's are the Cubs west.

BTW, soccer sucks, even the world cup can't make it watchable.

kind of how i feel about boxing, NASCAR and horse racing.. except they suck even with big events.
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:07 pm
  • IndyHawk wrote:I understand the fustration believe me but I have felt the same at times with the Hawks and many times with the Sonics both have a title ..It will happen one day ..You have came this far- why quit now...I do agree however that this thread should be in the other Mariner thread..

Incorrect, the Mariners have a tiny chance at winning relative to the other sports. The draft and salary caps simply aren't setup the same way in baseball. MLB baseball will get my interest again when it becomes more based on skill and less on pocket size. It is a horrible league as-is if you aren't one of the big market teams.
    jdblack
    NET Starter

Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:12 pm
  • This team even drives me more in pain. They screw Felix 6 times. They lose games they should never lose. They are jekel and hyde. Then they go and beat KC 3 times in KC. (most likely cause I was busy and not watching).

This is like a Bad Bad marriage.
    rainger
    NET Veteran

Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:36 am
  • rainger wrote:This team even drives me more in pain. They screw Felix 6 times. They lose games they should never lose. They are jekel and hyde. Then they go and beat KC 3 times in KC. (most likely cause I was busy and not watching).

This is like a Bad Bad marriage.

No...this is a slight above average team

You know when Felix pitches he's going against the other teams best pitcher typically as well.
    Last edited by Uncle Si on Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:29 am
  • :lol:
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:52 am
  • jdblack wrote:
    IndyHawk wrote:I understand the fustration believe me but I have felt the same at times with the Hawks and many times with the Sonics both have a title ..It will happen one day ..You have came this far- why quit now...I do agree however that this thread should be in the other Mariner thread..

Incorrect, the Mariners have a tiny chance at winning relative to the other sports. The draft and salary caps simply aren't setup the same way in baseball. MLB baseball will get my interest again when it becomes more based on skill and less on pocket size. It is a horrible league as-is if you aren't one of the big market teams.

The NBA is worse. Outside of San Antonio, big market teams have won most the championships in the last 35 or so years (Celtics, Pistons, Lakers and Bulls account for the majority off the top of my head). MLB has a better record of smaller market teams winning. But yeah, until baseball has equal revenue sharing, the Yanks and Dodgers and Angels and etc. will always have a huge advantage because their local broadcasting rights fees are much, much higher than the Seattles and Kansas Citys of the world.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:59 pm
  • hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
    jdblack wrote:
    IndyHawk wrote:I understand the fustration believe me but I have felt the same at times with the Hawks and many times with the Sonics both have a title ..It will happen one day ..You have came this far- why quit now...I do agree however that this thread should be in the other Mariner thread..

The NBA is worse. Outside of San Antonio, big market teams have won most the championships in the last 35 or so years (Celtics, Pistons, Lakers and Bulls account for the majority off the top of my head). MLB has a better record of smaller market teams winning. But yeah, until baseball has equal revenue sharing, the Yanks and Dodgers and Angels and etc. will always have a huge advantage because their local broadcasting rights fees are much, much higher than the Seattles and Kansas Citys of the world.

The Rays..Much smaller than the Mariners have gone and almost won..It will happen for us one day..We had great chances before and the Indians just had our number..
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:22 am
  • IndyHawk wrote:
    hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
    jdblack wrote:

The Rays..Much smaller than the Mariners have gone and almost won..It will happen for us one day..We had great chances before and the Indians just had our number..

Oh yeah, I agree. My point is that over the long haul the big market teams have a huge advantage. Still better than the NBA though.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:56 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information