California Chrome

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. RATING: PG-13
California Chrome
Sun May 25, 2014 12:55 pm
  • This horse that has won 2 of the triple crown races has an interesting story. Larry Williams is the owner of the stud that bred that horse. He has a higher classed home for the ponies in California, but also has a very nice one in Idaho outside of Parma. The stable ranch is called Treetop Ranches. After Chrome was born, the horse spent a couple of years here in Idaho growing up. Now here is an interesting kicker to it, The property that Larry Williams owns now used to belong to a football player. Before he had family personal issues, Jerry Kramer used to own that property and house. I have golfed with him once or twice at the golf course I worked on. Twas years ago tho. THought it was interesting and worthy to pass along. Good Luck Chrome.
    Cats will rule the world...just ask my cat.
    "Unfortunately, common sense is the least common of all the senses..." - Mark Twain
    To use the Barrel euphemism, if you look under the Niners, you may find the Raiders, or is it the other way around?
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Re: California Chrome
Sun May 25, 2014 4:52 pm
  • Bonie Maronie.
    "The past is a foreign country: they do things differently there."---LP Hartley
    Trenchbroom
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Re: California Chrome
Mon May 26, 2014 7:26 am
  • The horses connections are a great story. As usual there will be a group of fresh runners gunning for him in the mile and a half Belmont (the graveyard of Triple Crown Hopefuls).

I remember when Funny Cide went there and Bobby Frankel had Empire Maker cranked up with Jerry Bailey up. Track came up sloppy and 'Cide lost.

The sport could use a Triple Crown winner, and I am really on the Chrome bandwagon.
    < "The Seahawks Drafted Aliens"
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

It is currently Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:22 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information