Thanks nba, I hate you

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. RATING: PG-13
Thanks nba, I hate you
Sat May 03, 2014 4:45 pm
  • Nba playoffs. Game seven for OKC aka sonics. All the OKC fans have printed papers that say "my city, my team". Your city my team jerkoffs.
    I hate the fact that I supported losing teams for YEARS and OKC has reaped all of the benefits. I just hope we get a team and OKC goes through an extended period of mediocrity and they get to see what we went through as fans. I hope they are a drain on the leauge.
    "When is the NFL going to start fining receivers for running routes across KAM’S MIDDLE?!?!"
    -bpup33
    Sprfunk
    NET Veteran

Re: Thanks nba, I hate you
Sat May 03, 2014 5:27 pm
  • Never let "it" go until we get our team back... But I've let OKC go. No association with the Sonics for me
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Sat May 03, 2014 5:53 pm
  • I hope they crash and burn. If not tonight, then in the next round. I hope they unload Westbrook in the offseason, their team is decimated piece by piece, and the Oklahomans desert them in droves.
    Kennedyin92
    NET Rookie

Sat May 03, 2014 5:57 pm
  • I get where you are coming from, but oddly, I let it go the day after this year's Super Bowl.
    "If given the opportunity without fear of incarceration, I would honestly beat the living **** out of Jerry Rice."

--Internet tough guy HawkWow being a MAN on the internet
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest

Sat May 03, 2014 7:41 pm
  • Not me! i curse that team forever!
    The LOLs of the many outweigh the shame of the few
    Msfann
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Sat May 03, 2014 8:00 pm
  • Smelly McUgly wrote:I get where you are coming from, but oddly, I let it go the day after this year's Super Bowl.

I let Super Bowl XL go after the Hawks victory, but to me it's an apples and oranges comparison.
    Kennedyin92
    NET Rookie

Sat May 03, 2014 8:02 pm
  • Blame the local government officials y'all voted in as well, they had as much as hand in it as the NBA did.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sat May 03, 2014 8:09 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:Blame the local government officials y'all voted in as well, they had as much as hand in it as the NBA did.

They did screw up but come on, as much of a hand in it? The deal OKC got wasn't the same. They don't have some fantastic arena or anything like that. I blame our government officals that they caved but basically it was "build me a $500 million arena or we are leaving". None of the Arena options were really fair deals. The major part of the blame I put on them was they didn't let the court decide and took a really shitty deal instead of letting us have our day in court.
    bigtrain21
    * NET GIF Master *

Sat May 03, 2014 8:18 pm
  • bigtrain21 wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:Blame the local government officials y'all voted in as well, they had as much as hand in it as the NBA did.

They did screw up come on, as much of a hand in it? The deal OKC got wasn't the same. They don't have some fantastic arena or anything like that. I blame our government officals that they caved but basically it was "build me a $500 million arena or we are leaving". None of the Arena options were really fair deals. The major part of the blame I put on them was they didn't let the court decide and took a really shitty deal instead of letting us have our day in court.

It would've been different had that not been insultive and unwilling to even try the first time around when Schultz and Stern came asking for a way to work things out to get a new arena.

I really would like to know why the trash ass Mariners who only been good like what once or twice their entire existence got Safeco Field forced down the tax payers throats when the tax payers said no, but when it came to the Sonics the only team at the time with a championship, they told them to go screw themselves.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sat May 03, 2014 8:25 pm
  • The Sonics got built an arena in 1994, before the Mariners and the Seahawks. It was a damn nice arena. The planning for it wasn't the best in that it couldn't have NHL (intentionally designed that way) but it was a nice arena so don't act like they took care of the Seahawks and Mariners but not the Sonics. The Sonics got taken care of first.

They definitely insulted Stern and Schultz but did the punishment fit the crime? I mean , holy shit, insult us and all offers from then on are unfair and force a city to lose the team they have supported for 40 years. We supported them well until the end too.
    bigtrain21
    * NET GIF Master *

Sat May 03, 2014 8:32 pm
  • We got screwed, not denying that. I'm just saying the fans got screwed from more than one party. But if no one saw the writing on the wall when Schultz bitched out and sold to fat boy Bennett then they were way too optimistic. I was there in the arena that opening night, Kevin Durant's first ever game chanting "F Clay Bennett", but I knew the chances of changing the course of things were incredibly slim.

The NBA hit us with the okie doke, and the government officials who were suppose to have our back bitched out in the end after not even trying to remedy a clear problem.

We're gonna have to disagree about the KeyArena, that thing was outdated once we hit the 2000's. Side effects of doing a cheap renovation.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sat May 03, 2014 8:46 pm
  • I do blame others, I said that. You said the government officials deserve equal blame and I don't think that is the case.

The arena that got built was a fantastic place to watch a game. I am not sure how you can dispute that. David Stern even said that in 1994 and then a half a decade later when it didn't fit their revenue model we suddenly "took care of the Seahawks and Mariners first".

I don't remember having any other options back when we renovated the Key so what exactly did we do wrong. If you say we insulted the NBA then they gave us the death penalty when they should have given us a slap on the wrist.
    bigtrain21
    * NET GIF Master *

Sat May 03, 2014 9:37 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:
    bigtrain21 wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:Blame the local government officials y'all voted in as well, they had as much as hand in it as the NBA did.

They did screw up come on, as much of a hand in it? The deal OKC got wasn't the same. They don't have some fantastic arena or anything like that. I blame our government officals that they caved but basically it was "build me a $500 million arena or we are leaving". None of the Arena options were really fair deals. The major part of the blame I put on them was they didn't let the court decide and took a really shitty deal instead of letting us have our day in court.

It would've been different had that not been insultive and unwilling to even try the first time around when Schultz and Stern came asking for a way to work things out to get a new arena.

I really would like to know why the trash ass Mariners who only been good like what once or twice their entire existence got Safeco Field forced down the tax payers throats when the tax payers said no, but when it came to the Sonics the only team at the time with a championship, they told them to go screw themselves.

Well little Napoleon should have had a thicker skin instead of being an über butthurt douche bag! I agree with the local political dropping the ball as we have been round and round about that, but he NBA wasn't quite the innocent party you want them to be.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

Sat May 03, 2014 9:51 pm
  • The local officials gave up too soon and didn't fight hard enough, but I don't blame them for not trying to screw the city over during the beginning of a recession.

Clay didn't want to build a new arena, he wanted to gtfo. I'm glad Schultz doesn't own this team and lost out on hundreds of millions of dollars of value. He deserves it.
    Last edited by SonicHawk on Sun May 04, 2014 12:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
    I enjoy ruining threads by making them about personal attacks and then commenting about how personal attacks make the other person's argument invalid.

:les:
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat May 03, 2014 10:04 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:
    bigtrain21 wrote:

Well little Napoleon should have had a thicker skin instead of being an über butthurt douche bag! I agree with the local political dropping the ball as we have been round and round about that, but he NBA wasn't quite the innocent party you want them to be.

I'm not trying to say the nba is innocent at all, both sides were hard headed and stupid. In pretty sure stern facilitated the Bennett purchase after he got his feelings hurt.

I hate everyone involved that wasn't a player or fan.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sun May 04, 2014 9:50 am
  • Kennedyin92 wrote:
    Smelly McUgly wrote:I get where you are coming from, but oddly, I let it go the day after this year's Super Bowl.

I let Super Bowl XL go after the Hawks victory, but to me it's an apples and oranges comparison.

I get that. For me, Lombardi >>> NBA Championship (and I have luckily always felt that way so I haven't had to convince myself). The Walking Dead can win five or six NBA Championships and I would trade those for one Lombardi.

Once the Seahawks won it all, I pretty much felt like I could let that whole thing go. If they had won BEFORE we got a championship here, though, I probably would have felt like the original poster does.
    "If given the opportunity without fear of incarceration, I would honestly beat the living **** out of Jerry Rice."

--Internet tough guy HawkWow being a MAN on the internet
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest

Sun May 04, 2014 10:54 am
  • Winning the Super Bowl kind of makes this easier to accept the Sonics are gone..They were our 2nd pro team to win a title(first being the Metros NHL)I know there was more than 1 person to blame for the Sonics,I don't understand why the NBA in a recession expected to get an Emerald arena..I get that Key was past it's time but still it could have had a few more seasons until a package was put together...I'm sure Balmer or another $eattle guy would have paid up for the Sonics had they known it was going to end like it did..Instead it was a Stern buddy who does get them and on tape they both say it doesn't matter(arena) we are moving.. Thanks NBA -I hate you too...
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon May 05, 2014 9:33 am
  • I threw up in my mouth when they announced the other night during the game that Russell Westbrook tied the franchise playoff record for assists.....tying Nate McMillan. That's just wrong.

As far as the blame game. Blame Schultz. Blame our local government, especially for letting them out a year early for 25 million or whatever it was. If they had to stay that second year, they would have become popular enough where we wouldn't have let them leave.

David Stern should have killed the whole thing. Once I found out he was in bed with Bennett, I knew they were long gone.
    "So between my friends and I we have been at every home game to date this year, and we have all been plotting the offensive plays called. " ------Anthony!
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

Mon May 05, 2014 1:43 pm
  • Tical21 wrote:I threw up in my mouth when they announced the other night during the game that Russell Westbrook tied the franchise playoff record for assists.....tying Nate McMillan. That's just wrong.

That is royally F'ed up. There was a time I wouldn't miss a single (Sonics) game. This year, I've not watched a single qtr of the NBA and have no intention of doing so. Maybe ever. I've always preferred college ball and the theft of our team gave me just the nudge I needed to abandon the school yard play of the NBA, altogether. A-holes.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Wed May 07, 2014 2:51 pm
  • They left the name and colors in Seattle but took the records???So the Thunder have a title (1979) ..That pisses me off!
    Durant and Westbrook were Sonics so I root for them to a point..Screw the NBA and Thunder...
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed May 07, 2014 3:01 pm
  • I can't consider Westbrook a Sonic, only time he ever put on the green and gold was at the draft.

Nick Collison did though
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Wed May 07, 2014 6:32 pm
  • Yup Collison and Durant are the only two I root for...and Collison still kicks it in Seattle from time to time. Ran into him at the old War Room several times
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Wed May 07, 2014 7:25 pm
  • I think Collison made his home in Seattle.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sat May 10, 2014 3:08 am
  • I forgot about Collison,I thought he was retired by now..As for Westbrook he was drafted as a Sonic so that is good enough for me..So the Thunder has all the Sonic records and the 1979 trophy,if Seattle ever gets a team it has to be a new name and history as I see it..I don't want a Colts/Ravens thing where they both claim records/stats ..I want the old history and bad feelings all to be buried and stay dead..Is that so much to ask for?
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat May 10, 2014 11:32 am
  • A lot of folks are OKC fans here, when ever I see someone with "Thunder" gear on I tell them that I am a Sonic fan also. It really pisses them off. For whatever reason though, I can't help but root for them. They're close and they're still the Sonics to me.
    __________________________________________________________________________________
    Save a place at the table for us "Big Willie"
    halfrack
    NET Rookie

Sun May 11, 2014 1:49 pm
  • halfrack wrote:A lot of folks are OKC fans here, when ever I see someone with "Thunder" gear on I tell them that I am a Sonic fan also. It really pisses them off. For whatever reason though, I can't help but root for them. They're close and they're still the Sonics to me.

•••• the Thunder! And •••• the NBA!!!
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:17 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information