NBA investigates Clippers owner Donald Sterling for racism

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
[youtube]YhT6d5fMhzI[/youtube]

An audio recording purportedly of Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling making racist remarks to his girlfriend is being investigated by the National Basketball Association.

In the recording, the man believed to be Sterling questions his girlfriend, V. Stiviano, about her association with minorities. TMZ reports that Stiviano, who is black and Mexican, posted a picture of her with Magic Johnson on Instagram, a photo that has since been removed.

"It bothers me a lot that you want to broadcast that you're associating with black people. Do you have to?" the man believed to be Sterling says. He continues, "You can sleep with [black people]. You can bring them in, you can do whatever you want. The little I ask you is not to promote it on that ... and not to bring them to my games."

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/stor ... d-sterling

I wanna know why you think you can coach these ni**ers.

(To potential coach Rollie Massimino, 1983)

That's because of all the blacks in this building, they smell, they're not clean.

(To a property supervisor, 2002, sworn testimony.)

And it's because of all of the Mexicans that just sit around and smoke and drink all day.

(Ibid.)

I don't like Mexican men because they smoke, drink and just hang around the house.

(Ibid.)

Is she one of those black people that stink? [...] Just evict the bi**h.

(Ibid.)

I'm offering a lot of money for a poor black kid.

(On negotiations to sign Danny Manning, 1988, allegedly in David Stern's presence.)

I don't have to spend any more money on them, they will take whatever conditions I give them and still pay the rent.

http://deadspin.com/your-complete-quota ... socialflow

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Throwdown":lk2td1qz said:
No words for him.

Kick him out, sell the team to Hansen, move em to Seattle.

This makes too much sense.

So it won't happen.

Fun to dream though. CP3 and Blake in Sonic colors would be amazing

Throwdown

Reaction score
Am I wrong for laughing at him trying to not sound racist but still ending up sounding more racist?

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Throwdown":2mskon4m said:
Am I wrong for laughing at him trying to not sound racist but still ending up sounding more racist?

Unimaginable incompetence is fine to laugh at throw.

m0ng0

Reaction score
see you in hell Donald! This does bring up the question as to what to do with the team? What will Silver do now that he is the man in charge? This is a perfect opportunity for him to establish himself as the new sheriff. I am sure there are plenty of buyers in the socal area, but it does beg the question as to what the hell do you do with the team now?

Throwdown

Reaction score
LA doesn't need 2 teams... lol

Its a good question though, Sterling cannot stay in this league after this. He's withstood other instances of racist, but this is insane.

I dunno why they asked LeBron about it, but LeBron sent shots with "there's no room for Donald Sterling in this league"

OP
OP
D

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
500x217px-LL-baf5c681_dametweet.jpeg

900x900px-LL-2aed2f56_stephgawdtweet.jpeg

500x190px-LL-e30c4677_lebrontweet.jpeg

900x900px-LL-7f2b0bc0_lebrontweet2.jpeg

900x900px-LL-cb738d7a_doctweet2.jpeg

900x900px-LL-b8d1c5c3_doctweet3.jpeg

900x900px-LL-27b9fd63_poorblake.jpeg

Earvin Magic Johnson ‏@MagicJohnson

TMZ reported this morning that Clippers owner Donald Sterling doesn't want me or other African-Americans to come to Clippers games.

.@cjbycookie and I will never go to a Clippers game again as long as Donald Sterling is the owner.

I feel sorry for my friends Coach Doc Rivers and Chris Paul that they have to work for a man that feels that way about African Americans.

LA Clippers owner Donald Sterling's comments about African Americans are a black eye for the NBA.

Throwdown

Reaction score
in 2009??? After his whole apartment thing where I think he charged minorities more than whites?

OP
OP
D

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Throwdown":36734q2s said:
in 2009??? After his whole apartment thing where I think he charged minorities more than whites?

Yup...

Back in 2009...
Clippers owner Donald Sterling, accused of racism and embracing a "vision of a Southern plantation-type structure" in a lawsuit filed in February by Elgin Baylor, will be given a lifetime achievement award next week by the NAACP....
http://articles.latimes.com/2009/may/06 ... /sp-crowe6

m0ng0

Reaction score
The same Elgin Baylor that worked for Sterling for 22 years.....hmm weird :snack:

SonicHawk

Reaction score
m0ng0":3h1w7298 said:
The same Elgin Baylor that worked for Sterling for 22 years.....hmm weird :snack:

Is that a point you're trying to make? That having a black employee makes you not racist?

chris98251

Reaction score
They should force him to sell, there are ways to do it, players can also boycott due to unacceptable working conditions and that they are under duress. Shut the team down basically. He may balk but with media, league and other leverage from groups he won't have a choice other then lose money big time.

The Hansen thing isn't so far fetched really, this is a chance to get in, also their really isn't a need for both the Clippers and Lakers to play in the same building. I'm sure the Lakers would love having them go North.

chris98251

Reaction score
m0ng0":1q9s5sfu said:

Yeah, but If I remember correctly their was always something going on their. I remember one situation where there was a story where something was said about where do you think you can get hired as GM being black in the league, also he was under paying him a lot versus other GM's also.

I think Elgin was trying to keep the door open for others of color to get into NBA Mangement, pity they were so bad for so long, I'm not sure who was behind the constant trading of the players there once they showed promise and the contracts came up.

Largent80

Reaction score
If the NBA doesn't do something about this then it has become a larger joke than most think it is already.

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
Clippers fans didn't exist prior to 2010.

I read his wife is very involved in the management of the team, wonder if she divorced him she could essentially seize control, certainly would have a case in court. Could end up being similar to what happened with the Dodgers.

Latest posts