Pacquiao/Bradley

Tical21

Reaction score
Pretty dominant by Manny. Still though, I thought Bradley at least showed up for this fight. Never seen a pro throw so many hail mary's in my life though. Manny should have carved him up even more. This fight was much more competitive than the last, and somehow Manny wins in a blowout. What's next for Manny? I don't want to see Marquez again. I certainly don't want to see Bradley again. Mayweather will never happen. I can't smell another big fight for anybody anytime soon.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Bradley came out looking pretty good but he tried to be something he's not. A one, shot knockout artist. It Was his downfall. Pacquiao beat him the first fight but rounds 5 on...Pac dominated. He's clearly lost a step or 2 but he's still one of the best

NoChops

Reaction score
interesting fight. Never really seen someone get destroyed mentally in the ring like that. From the opening bell Bradley knew he could only win by KO. I guess I'd watch another fight with Marquez (on the net of course), but at this point all I can think of is how sad it its that Floyd ducked him completely from 09-12. What could have been if they had fought after the Pac/Hatton fight. oh well.

HawkWow

Reaction score
To me, Bradley lost this fight during their last fight. He seemed resigned to the fact Manny was just the better man. He had his moments in there but he (again) was mentally weak. Voodoo? Who knows?

Further, I appreciate good sportsmanship, but Tim's post-fight praise of Pac went over the top for me. "I just lost to one of the greatest fighters in the world" was self serving and felt rehearsed. I think he practiced that line all through camp. All I learned in this fight was my boy JMM needs to retire. Post haste and Pac should be close behind. Great warriors both, but aloha guys.

Bradley needs to re-re-invent himself. Go back to boxing and lose the notion he's suddenly a banger. I love the bravado, and urge to thrill us fans, but the Russian almost kept him out of this fight and as good as the kid was, Bradley should have out boxed him handily. IF Cotto gets by Martinez, I'd like to see Cotto / Bradley. I'd like to see if Bradley can return to his counter punching ways and I'd like to see Cotto KHTFO. I like Tim but I like Miguel more.

Pacman? hell...too bad Maidana is fighting Floyd. I'd sooner see Pac, if he feels compelled to continue, fight Maidana than Mayweather. I anticipate a boring ass fight with Maidana following Mayweather around the ring all night. And with Manny slowing down, a fight with Floyd wouldn't be much more entertaining (imo). I don't believe there was ever a time Manny would have beat Floyd and I am certain that time ain't now.

Sac

Reaction score
Pacman would have beaten Floyd "I like to duck real fighters" Mayweather into the mat.

NoChops

Reaction score
tough to say, but I think on the night Manny retired Oscar, he would have done the same to Floyd. Maybe that night only though.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":2bnhuzo9 said:
Pacman would have beaten Floyd "I like to duck real fighters" Mayweather into the mat.

I'm a big Manny fan, but no, he wouldn't.

HawkWow

Reaction score
NoChops":1zp6azz0 said:
tough to say, but I think on the night Manny retired Oscar, he would have done the same to Floyd. Maybe that night only though.

DLH was in there for a payday. Just as he was vs. Hops and Floyd. In their primes, Oscar probably gets the win (vs Manny) but he'd not faced many fighters as unconventional as Manny, so hard to say for sure.

Like Glove, I am a fan of the Pacman, but no way would he beat Mayweather. Not at any time in their careers and certainly not now. Mayweather would drive Manny absolutely crazy and while it's seldom we see Floyd get a stop, I believe he would stop Manny just because of manny's frustration in trying to land power shots. He would likely walk into something like we saw him walk into against JMM. I don't care for PBF, but there is no denying his greatness, especially when talking defense. Like JMM, Manny needs a guy that will exchange with him. Floyd will not engage in such activity and we saw what Floyd did with JMM (etc.). At this point, Mayweather / Pacqiuao interests me nada.

OP
OP
Tical21

Tical21

Reaction score
I don't see it that way. Manny doesn't lose to technicians. He eats them up. It may not be as much of an advantage now that Manny's pace is a little slower, but I still think he throws way too much for Floyd. Does Mayweather have the power to make Manny pay? I have my doubs. Mayweather wouldn't win on points. The one and only way Mayweather wins is if he can catch Manny perfectly and put him to sleep, which I do concede could happen. He would catch Manny with a couple clean shots. But Manny would keep coming back, and you can't just play defense against a guy who gets flurries going so quickly. I think if you're Pacquiao, you want to face a style like May's, and if you're Mayweather, the worst possible opponent is somebody like Manny. Which is exactly why I think the fight will never happen. I don't think Mayweather ever wants to change his style, which he would have to do against Manny.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Tical21":1ec3y2z8 said:
I don't see it that way. Manny doesn't lose to technicians. He eats them up. It may not be as much of an advantage now that Manny's pace is a little slower, but I still think he throws way too much for Floyd. Does Mayweather have the power to make Manny pay? I have my doubs. Mayweather wouldn't win on points. The one and only way Mayweather wins is if he can catch Manny perfectly and put him to sleep, which I do concede could happen. He would catch Manny with a couple clean shots. But Manny would keep coming back, and you can't just play defense against a guy who gets flurries going so quickly. I think if you're Pacquiao, you want to face a style like May's, and if you're Mayweather, the worst possible opponent is somebody like Manny. Which is exactly why I think the fight will never happen. I don't think Mayweather ever wants to change his style, which he would have to do against Manny.

I see it the complete opposite. Mayweather can easily win on points while Manny would need a KO to win. May doesnt throw too much, but he picks his shots very well. The only real advantage Manny has over May are pretty much negated by his age now. His angles in his prime were ridiculous and there's no way you can train for that when he's so unorthodox. Also he's not as tenacious with his combos and with the bouncing in and out like he used to. Bradley could've easily made Pac pay but he felt like he needed a KO to get the win this time and it took him off his game. If Pacquiao can still pounce on a fighter and not let up, he has a decent shot with Mayweather, but I don't think he has it in him anymore.

The only man I've seen beat Mayweather is Jose Luis Castillo in the first fight (I know the cards dont agree with me but neither did the first Bradley-Pac fight and many others). Pacquiao could've employed a similar strategy in his prime.

Look, I love Manny. He's the main reason I fell in love with boxing again. Flew to Dallas to see him. Flew to Vegas 3 times for his fights. But right now, he has maybe 1, 2 at most decent fights left

NoChops

Reaction score
HawkWow":2j0whzub said:
NoChops":2j0whzub said:

DLH was in there for a payday. Just as he was vs. Hops and Floyd. In their primes, Oscar probably gets the win (vs Manny) but he'd not faced many fighters as unconventional as Manny, so hard to say for sure.

Like Glove, I am a fan of the Pacman, but no way would he beat Mayweather. Not at any time in their careers and certainly not now. Mayweather would drive Manny absolutely crazy and while it's seldom we see Floyd get a stop, I believe he would stop Manny just because of manny's frustration in trying to land power shots. He would likely walk into something like we saw him walk into against JMM. I don't care for PBF, but there is no denying his greatness, especially when talking defense. Like JMM, Manny needs a guy that will exchange with him. Floyd will not engage in such activity and we saw what Floyd did with JMM (etc.). At this point, Mayweather / Pacqiuao interests me nada.

From DLH to Hatton, Manny beats Floyd. How many guys ended up in the ER after fighting Pac during tat time? All of them?

Floyd is great. No doubt. Look a what a decent southpaw did to Floyd in the Ortiz fight. Ortiz was ready to go 12 and was landing good shots on Money in the first four rounds. Floyd knew he was in for a real fight and used a cheap shot to get out of it. Ortiz isn't half the fighter Pac was in 2010-12. We'll just disagree I guess. :thirishdrinkers:

HawkWow

Reaction score
NoChops":1xa19gxa said:
HawkWow":1xa19gxa said:
NoChops":1xa19gxa said:

From DLH to Hatton, Manny beats Floyd. How many guys ended up in the ER after fighting Pac during tat time? All of them?

Floyd is great. No doubt. Look a what a decent southpaw did to Floyd in the Ortiz fight. Ortiz was ready to go 12 and was landing good shots on Money in the first four rounds. Floyd knew he was in for a real fight and used a cheap shot to get out of it. Ortiz isn't half the fighter Pac was in 2010-12. We'll just disagree I guess. :thirishdrinkers:

But that was like 1 year...DLH was selling men's wear and fixing ratings at the time and Hatton wouldn't have been heard of without the constant rabbit punching he got away with against Kostya Tszyu. Pac's win over Cotto perhaps a better example. But I think we all agree Cotto ain't Floyd.

With all respect to Manny, he came on the scene at a very opportune time (and the same can be said for Floyd, actually). Mosley, DLH, MAB and Morales were old and Pac was too small for a Tito (then). I'm not saying Pac couldn't have beaten a prime DLH, MAB or Morales etc)...I'm just saying he didn't. A few years earlier and fights against Castillo, Corrales, Tszyu, etc. would have been absolutely epic. I do respect your opinion and agree we should just agree to disagree. Especially considering I can't stand Floyd Mayweather nor his boxing style. Safety first fighters (like Floyd) have helped to make Dana White a very rich man, IMO.

Latest posts