Does it bum you guys out to?

checkdanews

Reaction score
We could of had another championship contender in Seattle if the Sonics never moved. Depressing watching them go far every season....Sorry move if off topic, that was just grinding my gears this morn

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
The NBA is so dead to me that I honestly don't care. If the Zombie Sonics win it all, I cannot imagine that I will muster up any anger or disgust. I get what you're saying, but I think I would only feel that way if I had a spark left for the NBA product itself.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Why is this in the main forum? For the love of green grass learn the rules before creating threads.

sutz

Reaction score
Somewhat....I remember back in the day. I lived in So Cal for a number of years, and rooted for the Lambs as my NFC "Second" team to the then AFC Seahawks. I watched the whole scenario unfold where Madam Ram forced the move to St Louis, and to see her lift the trophy there kind of hurt a bit. But my feeling for the Sonics is not as deep as my football fandom, so it wouldn't be as bad. It certainly wouldn't be as bad as SBXL*, or as good as SBXLVIII.

Throwdown

Reaction score
It's gonna hurt for me, not as much as it would've a few years ago. As time passes the wounds heal for me, still don't wanna see Clay Bennett lift that trophy.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I'd be happy for Durant only..He's a Sonic at heart...I could care less otherwise..I was fortunate to have watched the Sonics win the title years ago..I still have the programs and the book thing called "Sonic Boom"

irocdave

Reaction score
Doesn't bum me out because when the Super Sonics were yanked out of our community I quite paying ANY attention to the NBA. If it comes on the radio or TV I turn the channel. What happened to Sonic fans and Seattle in general was pathetic. IF the NBA had a decent commissioner the Sonics would still be in Seattle. Both the Hawks and Mariners were loaded up and leaving town (hell, the Hawks actually un loaded in LA) but the commissioners of the NFL and MLB both stepped in. F Stern, that POS low life dollar sucking pile of $&*$. Our local politicians hurt his feelings so he greased the skids for his college buddy to buy the team and relocate it.

So...I hope the Thunder NEVER wins a championship and the lying sack of you know what owner gets the undivided attention from his fair-weather fan base when they become non contenders every year. That team may be the one that comes back to Seattle.

So to answer your question, no I don't miss the piss poor excuse of NBA playoffs. Half the league gets in. I do miss the Sonics and deep playoff runs though.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I still don't believe you can put all the blame on Stern. The politics in the whole matter played a huge role as well, they weren't even trying to hear about a new arena and became condecending straight up douchebags with their comments about basketball as a sport.

Blame goes around to everyone except the players and fans.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Throwdown":10apf03w said:
I still don't believe you can put all the blame on Stern. The politics in the whole matter played a huge role as well, they weren't even trying to hear about a new arena and became condecending straight up douchebags with their comments about basketball as a sport.

Blame goes around to everyone except the players and fans.
True the local political tards bunged it up bad, but Stern was a major factor in it. Without his blessing to his beloved cabana boy Clay Clay the Sonics wouldn't not have moved. See his blocking of Hanson/Balmer in buying the kings that was singlehandedly blocked by little Napoleon (stern) as exhibit A in my argument.

drdiags

Reaction score
Wally Walker would have never put together the team that Presti (?) did. Durant is the core but the new GM helped build upon their good fortune. Schultz still own the team and Walker still the GM, the Sonics would still be cellar dwellers.

Largent80

Reaction score
I pretty much quit the NBA after the PHX-Sea. series. But I still hated the way the whole moving the team thing went down, and I wish miserable multiple failures upon them.

86Hawk

Reaction score
I was a diehard supes fan. Family had season tix for over 25 years. If FOKC ever wins it all it will be one of the worst days of my life. Thank god I'm also a diehard Seahawks fan.

halfrack

Reaction score
I hate to admit it, I like the Thunder. OKC is only 300 or so miles from me. I hate the fact the Sonics left but I'll root for them.

acer1240

Reaction score
Have not watched an NBA game since the day they left. There is honest to god hate in my heart for what that league did to me as a Sonic fan. I cried watching Sonicsgate.

It was always (for me)

1. Seahawks
2. Sonics
3. Mariners

I've lived in Montana for most of my life but was always lucky enough to have some rural radio station that would broadcast the Sonics games. For me it was almost better than watching them on TV.

I miss the feeling of looking forward to something on a random tuesday night in March.

Clay can rot in hell...