Ultimate Warrior dead at 54

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. RATING: PG-13
Ultimate Warrior dead at 54
Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:24 pm
  • RIP Ultimate Warrior.

    [url]msn.foxsports.com/buzzer/story/wwe-ultimate-warrior-dead-at-54-040814[/url]
    User avatar
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2791
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:46 am


Re: Ultimate Warrior dead at 54
Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:41 am
  • The last several days have been very eventful for the WWE, both good and bad.
    Image
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    User avatar
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 6520
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: Ultimate Warrior dead at 54
Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:44 am
  • SeatownJay wrote:The last several days have been very eventful for the WWE, both good and bad.



    oh do tell...

    I was going through the Deadspin article on the Ultimate Warrior today (fascinating actually) and they had some clips of the old WWF. Forgot all those characters and how much fun that was to watch as a kid.
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5096
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: Ultimate Warrior dead at 54
Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:56 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:oh do tell...

    Well, Saturday was the WWE Hall of Fame induction, where The Ultimate Warrior was the headline. It was also leaked on Saturday that Sting had finally agreed to a deal with WWE and would debut at Raw following Wrestlemania to begin a storyline with the Undertaker for his final match at WM 31 next year. Sunday was Wrestlemania, which was by all accounts a massive success, except Undertaker suffered a legit concussion and ended up spending the night in the hospital, postponing Sting's debut. On Raw, The Undertaker made his last public appearance and his comments now seem eerily prophetic. Monday was also the return of RVD to action and saw the kickoff of the traditional post-Wrestlemania storylines. And then on Tuesday Warrior passes away just days after his much-celebrated return to the WWE fold.
    Image
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    User avatar
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 6520
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: Ultimate Warrior dead at 54
Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:16 pm
  • SeatownJay wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:oh do tell...

    Well, Saturday was the WWE Hall of Fame induction, where The Ultimate Warrior was the headline. It was also leaked on Saturday that Sting had finally agreed to a deal with WWE and would debut at Raw following Wrestlemania to begin a storyline with the Undertaker for his final match at WM 31 next year. Sunday was Wrestlemania, which was by all accounts a massive success, except Undertaker suffered a legit concussion and ended up spending the night in the hospital, postponing Sting's debut. On Raw, The Undertaker made his last public appearance and his comments now seem eerily prophetic. Monday was also the return of RVD to action and saw the kickoff of the traditional post-Wrestlemania storylines. And then on Tuesday Warrior passes away just days after his much-celebrated return to the WWE fold.


    Outside of the last couple days, you could include one of their biggest stars (CM Punk) walking away from the company due to internal conflicts.
    Give me some damn skittles...
    User avatar
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3358
    Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:57 am


Re: Ultimate Warrior dead at 54
Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:58 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    SeatownJay wrote:The last several days have been very eventful for the WWE, both good and bad.



    oh do tell...

    I was going through the Deadspin article on the Ultimate Warrior today (fascinating actually) and they had some clips of the old WWF. Forgot all those characters and how much fun that was to watch as a kid.

    You do know over half of those wrestlers are dead ..There are sites that list them and how they died..It's tragic...RIP AW...
    User avatar
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 731
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:42 pm


Re: Ultimate Warrior dead at 54
Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:08 pm
  • Wow, he was on Monday Night RAW the night before he collapsed and died.
    User avatar
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *
     
    Posts: 11227
    Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:44 am


Re: Ultimate Warrior dead at 54
Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:11 am
  • kearly wrote:Wow, he was on Monday Night RAW the night before he collapsed and died.


    How very Mickey Rourke-ish.
    WAR BEAVER!!
    User avatar
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *
     
    Posts: 11435
    Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
    Location: PoCompton, BC Canada


Re: Ultimate Warrior dead at 54
Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:53 am
  • IndyHawk wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    SeatownJay wrote:The last several days have been very eventful for the WWE, both good and bad.



    oh do tell...

    I was going through the Deadspin article on the Ultimate Warrior today (fascinating actually) and they had some clips of the old WWF. Forgot all those characters and how much fun that was to watch as a kid.

    You do know over half of those wrestlers are dead ..There are sites that list them and how they died..It's tragic...RIP AW...



    very aware of it...

    i gave up following it around high school. but its crazy how fast these guys are falling, without any culpability behind the organizations.

    Very sad.
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5096
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: Ultimate Warrior dead at 54
Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:48 am
  • CANHawk wrote:
    kearly wrote:Wow, he was on Monday Night RAW the night before he collapsed and died.


    How very Mickey Rourke-ish.


    Uhh...that would be Randy The Ram.

    Image
    User avatar
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2791
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:46 am


Re: Ultimate Warrior dead at 54
Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:44 pm
  • Is it any surprise that these guys die so young? You can't do the 'roids these guys were doing and expect to live very long.
    SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    WmHBonney
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 197
    Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:11 pm


Re: Ultimate Warrior dead at 54
Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:38 pm
  • They are overworked, are technically independent contractors and don't have health insurance. Even without steroids, the bumps take their toll and they eventually break down. WWE only started instituting a drug testing policy in the last ten years, far too late for a lot of these guys. Damage has been done.
    User avatar
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1644
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:41 pm


Re: Ultimate Warrior dead at 54
Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:15 am
  • hahaha, I admit it I watched wrasslin when I was growing up, Portland had a pretty good minor league scene in the 70 and 80's. Lots of big names cut there teeth in the northwest. But UW was pretty much a talentless hack and after he beat the greatest wrestler of all times "The Honky Tonk Man" in like 30 seconds :D I was done with wrasslin. Its too bad he was so young but his body had been through a lot of abuse!
    User avatar
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2747
    Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:55 pm
    Location: Battle Ground, Wa


Re: Ultimate Warrior dead at 54
Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:58 am
  • m0ng0 wrote:hahaha, I admit it I watched wrasslin when I was growing up, Portland had a pretty good minor league scene in the 70 and 80's. Lots of big names cut there teeth in the northwest. But UW was pretty much a talentless hack and after he beat the greatest wrestler of all times "The Honky Tonk Man" in like 30 seconds :D I was done with wrasslin. Its too bad he was so young but his body had been through a lot of abuse!


    Billy Jack Haynes vs Rip Oliver. Used to attend a lot of those Portland Wrestling events back in the day.

    Former NFL'r Shawne Merriman is joining WWE.

    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... 09394.html
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18609
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: Ultimate Warrior dead at 54
Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:56 pm
  • We used to get Portland rastlin up here in Seattle on TV, when I was a kid. LOL, rip the crrippler, Billy Jack, playboy buddy rose, Stan Stasiak and his heart punch.... The good old days when I was a kid and thought rastlin was real. :)
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    User avatar
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11939
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: Lombardi Land


Re: Ultimate Warrior dead at 54
Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:49 pm
  • I don't remember watching a lot of WWE when I was a kid, I knew it was there, with Hulk Hogan, Andre, etc. But I alwasy seemed to gravitate toward the NWA and WCW stuff. Seemed a little darker, lower budget, than the big colorful over the top WWE.

    I remember watching the NWA when it was in a studio in Atlanta or something? You guys remember that? Dusty Rhodes, Road Warriors, 4 Horsemen, Ric Flair, Nikita Koloff, Rock n Roll Express, all those guys?

    I remember when Hawk died, that bummed me out. Him and Animal... my favorite wrestlers of all time. Those guys live a hard life, takes a toll.


    RIP Warrior
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    User avatar
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5446
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:41 am
    Location: Ballard


Re: Ultimate Warrior dead at 54
Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:22 pm
  • Sting always has been my favorite wrastler. The stinger splash, the scorpion death drop, scorpion death lock... What's not to love about that.

    [attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1397517763366.jpg[/attachment]
    Attachments
    uploadfromtaptalk1397517763366.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1397517763366.jpg (63.95 KiB) Viewed 190 times
    Image
    User avatar
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *
     
    Posts: 9712
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
    Location: Granite Falls, WA


Re: Ultimate Warrior dead at 54
Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:38 pm
  • Sting was great back in the day, until he became a crap version of The Crow.
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 11035
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Helm's Deep


Re: Ultimate Warrior dead at 54
Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:50 pm
  • twisted_steel2 wrote:I don't remember watching a lot of WWE when I was a kid, I knew it was there, with Hulk Hogan, Andre, etc. But I alwasy seemed to gravitate toward the NWA and WCW stuff. Seemed a little darker, lower budget, than the big colorful over the top WWE.

    I remember watching the NWA when it was in a studio in Atlanta or something? You guys remember that? Dusty Rhodes, Road Warriors, 4 Horsemen, Ric Flair, Nikita Koloff, Rock n Roll Express, all those guys?

    I remember when Hawk died, that bummed me out. Him and Animal... my favorite wrestlers of all time. Those guys live a hard life, takes a toll.


    RIP Warrior


    NWA was my favorite wrestling as well. And The Road Warriors were also my favorite wrestlers of all-time. :th2thumbs:
    User avatar
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2791
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:46 am


Re: Ultimate Warrior dead at 54
Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:02 pm
  • The medical examiner is saying he died of a heart attack caused by cardiovascular disease.
    Image
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    User avatar
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 6520
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD




It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:46 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests