Now that the Sounders are no longer dependent....

korboko

Reaction score
from the Seahawks, some Sounders fans want their team to move out and get their own crib. :lol:

Smurf

Reaction score
korboko":m3947tkq said:
from the Seahawks, some Sounders fans want the their team move out and get their own crib. :lol:

not going to happen.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I'm not a Sounders fan, don't hate em either, just not a soccer fan..... But why would the Sounders franchise that has been if not the best one of the best in the league, in the best stadium in the league, want to mess with success? Seems like they are a very well run franchise to me,'if it ain't broke then don't fix it.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
korboko":1dfolosd said:
from the Seahawks, some Sounders fans want their team to move out and get their own crib. :lol:

SONICS NEXT. MAYBE SOUNDERS... MAYBE SOUNDERS AFTER THAT.

Can't you guys go to Kent or something?

chris98251

Reaction score
The stadium we are in was built for Soccer and Football, marketed that way, funded that way. Nobody in Seattle is going to allow a independent stadium for Soccer to be built in the Northwest, maybe not the country unless it's completly privately funded.

chris98251

Reaction score
Round ballers are probably upset they have a Lombardi shadow over their team now.

Chapow

Reaction score
chris98251":a0ndl8eg said:
Round ballers are probably upset they have a Lombardi shadow over their team now.

Huh? What an odd comment. I'd bet that an overwhelming majority of Sounders fans are also Seahawks fans and the ones that aren't couldn't care less about a Lombardi.

chris98251

Reaction score
Let me rephrase, a minority of roundballers, it's always a minority that stirs stuff up.

Smurf

Reaction score
Answers to questions asked in this thread:

Seahawks and Sounders mutually split operational duties. Previously both clubs used the same operational personnel. Ticket Reps, Marketing, Web Development, and the like. The Sounders have grown enough that duties of operating both clubs has become tough to do. As such, it was time to take the training wheels off so to speak. The Sounders will be moving out of the VMAC and into a new downtown location at Pioneer Square.

Stadium is not going to happen anytime soon, nor should it. The Clink was build, promoted and funded to be a dual purpose stadium with a GRASS field. The city isn't going to build a $150 million dollar Soccer Specific Stadium...No way in hell. There is no need for it. Sounders have a lease for another 3 years and are negotiating for another lease.

The only need is for the Field Turf to be replaced more frequently, if not every season, definitely every other season.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Ah thats awesome for the Sounders, its amazing how successful they have been in such a short amount of time to me, someone who is completely oblivious to the soccer community in Western Washington.

Smurf

Reaction score
Throwdown":vq9wnire said:
Ah thats awesome for the Sounders, its amazing how successful they have been in such a short amount of time to me, someone who is completely oblivious to the soccer community in Western Washington.

It's pretty frickin sweet thats for sure. Makes me proud.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Yeah it pisses me off when people talk about soccer specific stadiums. The Clink is a world class facility, arguably better than the majority of European stadiums. Great transport links, great sightlines in the WHOLE stadium, good atmosphere, good catering and corporate facilities. Many of the soccer specific stadiums in MLS are soulless mechano type builds where they all look the same.

Why would we waste millions of dollars to build a stadium when the one they use is top notch? It would be small which would limit our growth, would probably somewhere inconvenient like Bellevue or South Seattle.

The only drawback I see is the field and like one game a year with a hawks logo or football lines. Yeah playing in field turf sucks but so does playing on a bad grass field when the weather is bad. As long as the field turf is replaced enough and with the latest versions, the pros of playing in the clink far far outway the cons.

The Sounders just need to get their act on the field sorted. This support deserves an MLS cup and the last two years have been disappointing. Whether down to players or management, which is a debate for another day/thread.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Build a multiuse arena that can host the Hockey,nba and soccer...Build a giant mall around the whole thing with pay parking to pay for this ect..kill all the birds in one stone..

TestMo1337

Reaction score
The footprint needed for a soccer and hockey/basketball arena is too different.

The closest arena to do that is the Spurs who often use it to host rodeos.

Throwdown

Reaction score
IndyHawk":3hgfkv8j said:
Build a multiuse arena that can host the Hockey,nba and soccer...Build a giant mall around the whole thing with pay parking to pay for this ect..kill all the birds in one stone..

Why do the future sonics/nhl gotta share though? Let the Sounders have Centurylink, their schedule barely if at all clashes with the Seahawks. They'd clash with the NBA & NHL schedule.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2nvyzw2t said:

How big do you think a soccer field is?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
SonicHawk":3vf0tilx said:
IndyHawk":3vf0tilx said:

How big do you think a soccer field is?
I played for years..100yrdsL /60W..

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Throwdown":28byrawa said:
IndyHawk":28byrawa said:

Why do the future sonics/nhl gotta share though? Let the Sounders have Centurylink, their schedule barely if at all clashes with the Seahawks. They'd clash with the NBA & NHL schedule.
The nba/hockey probaly will have to share,that idea seems to be the popular choice..I agree the Sounders should stay at the Clink.The idea I posted was an answer to yet another build a Sounders home..