Now that the Sounders are no longer dependent....

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. RATING: PG-13
  • from the Seahawks, some Sounders fans want their team to move out and get their own crib. :lol:
    Last edited by korboko on Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    korboko
    NET Practice Squad

• korboko wrote:from the Seahawks, some Sounders fans want the their team move out and get their own crib. :lol:

not going to happen.
    Man up, stand in line.
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *

• I'm not a Sounders fan, don't hate em either, just not a soccer fan..... But why would the Sounders franchise that has been if not the best one of the best in the league, in the best stadium in the league, want to mess with success? Seems like they are a very well run franchise to me,'if it ain't broke then don't fix it.
    42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS millennium.....deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• Like Seattle would build them one
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• korboko wrote:from the Seahawks, some Sounders fans want their team to move out and get their own crib. :lol:

SONICS NEXT. MAYBE SOUNDERS... MAYBE SOUNDERS AFTER THAT.

Can't you guys go to Kent or something?
    SUPER BOWL 48 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!

RIP ROAD WOES 12/2/2012
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

• The stadium we are in was built for Soccer and Football, marketed that way, funded that way. Nobody in Seattle is going to allow a independent stadium for Soccer to be built in the Northwest, maybe not the country unless it's completly privately funded.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
    .Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Can someone tell me what happened between the Sounder & Seahawks?
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• Round ballers are probably upset they have a Lombardi shadow over their team now.

.Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• chris98251 wrote:Round ballers are probably upset they have a Lombardi shadow over their team now.

Huh? What an odd comment. I'd bet that an overwhelming majority of Sounders fans are also Seahawks fans and the ones that aren't couldn't care less about a Lombardi.
    Football Outsiders wrote:The Seahawks have a third-and-long defensive DVOA of -102.1%. Seriously, when Seattle knows you have to pass, you are completely terribly, violently screwed.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

• Let me rephrase, a minority of roundballers, it's always a minority that stirs stuff up.

chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Answers to questions asked in this thread:

Seahawks and Sounders mutually split operational duties. Previously both clubs used the same operational personnel. Ticket Reps, Marketing, Web Development, and the like. The Sounders have grown enough that duties of operating both clubs has become tough to do. As such, it was time to take the training wheels off so to speak. The Sounders will be moving out of the VMAC and into a new downtown location at Pioneer Square.

Stadium is not going to happen anytime soon, nor should it. The Clink was build, promoted and funded to be a dual purpose stadium with a GRASS field. The city isn't going to build a $150 million dollar Soccer Specific Stadium...No way in hell. There is no need for it. Sounders have a lease for another 3 years and are negotiating for another lease.

The only need is for the Field Turf to be replaced more frequently, if not every season, definitely every other season.
    Man up, stand in line.
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *

• Ah thats awesome for the Sounders, its amazing how successful they have been in such a short amount of time to me, someone who is completely oblivious to the soccer community in Western Washington.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• Throwdown wrote:Ah thats awesome for the Sounders, its amazing how successful they have been in such a short amount of time to me, someone who is completely oblivious to the soccer community in Western Washington.

It's pretty frickin sweet thats for sure. Makes me proud.
    Man up, stand in line.
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *

• Yeah it pisses me off when people talk about soccer specific stadiums. The Clink is a world class facility, arguably better than the majority of European stadiums. Great transport links, great sightlines in the WHOLE stadium, good atmosphere, good catering and corporate facilities. Many of the soccer specific stadiums in MLS are soulless mechano type builds where they all look the same.

Why would we waste millions of dollars to build a stadium when the one they use is top notch? It would be small which would limit our growth, would probably somewhere inconvenient like Bellevue or South Seattle.

The only drawback I see is the field and like one game a year with a hawks logo or football lines. Yeah playing in field turf sucks but so does playing on a bad grass field when the weather is bad. As long as the field turf is replaced enough and with the latest versions, the pros of playing in the clink far far outway the cons.

The Sounders just need to get their act on the field sorted. This support deserves an MLS cup and the last two years have been disappointing. Whether down to players or management, which is a debate for another day/thread.
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Rookie

• Build a multiuse arena that can host the Hockey,nba and soccer...Build a giant mall around the whole thing with pay parking to pay for this ect..kill all the birds in one stone..
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• The footprint needed for a soccer and hockey/basketball arena is too different.

The closest arena to do that is the Spurs who often use it to host rodeos.
    "Go for Broke" - 442nd Japanese-American Battalion

Shaun Alexander #37 for the HoF - 119 Games 2176 Att 9429 Yards 4.3 YPC 100 TDs (112 TDs total) 2005 MVP

"YOU POST...TO WIN...thethread." JesterHawk
    sammyc521
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• IndyHawk wrote:Build a multiuse arena that can host the Hockey,nba and soccer...Build a giant mall around the whole thing with pay parking to pay for this ect..kill all the birds in one stone..

Why do the future sonics/nhl gotta share though? Let the Sounders have Centurylink, their schedule barely if at all clashes with the Seahawks. They'd clash with the NBA & NHL schedule.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• IndyHawk wrote:Build a multiuse arena that can host the Hockey,nba and soccer...Build a giant mall around the whole thing with pay parking to pay for this ect..kill all the birds in one stone..

How big do you think a soccer field is?
    SUPER BOWL 48 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!

RIP ROAD WOES 12/2/2012
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

• SonicHawk wrote:
    IndyHawk wrote:Build a multiuse arena that can host the Hockey,nba and soccer...Build a giant mall around the whole thing with pay parking to pay for this ect..kill all the birds in one stone..

I played for years..100yrdsL /60W..
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• Throwdown wrote:
    IndyHawk wrote:Build a multiuse arena that can host the Hockey,nba and soccer...Build a giant mall around the whole thing with pay parking to pay for this ect..kill all the birds in one stone..

Why do the future sonics/nhl gotta share though? Let the Sounders have Centurylink, their schedule barely if at all clashes with the Seahawks. They'd clash with the NBA & NHL schedule.

The nba/hockey probaly will have to share,that idea seems to be the popular choice..I agree the Sounders should stay at the Clink.The idea I posted was an answer to yet another build a Sounders home..
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• IndyHawk wrote:
    SonicHawk wrote:

I played for years..100yrdsL /60W..

Actually thats wrong, well not wrong...just incomplete. Those dimensions are within the regulations.

FIFA's minimum field dimensions are 100 Yards x 50 Yards

FIFA's maximum field dimensions are 130Yards x 100 Yards

Slightly different for International matches as well.
    Man up, stand in line.
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *

• 120x75 is pretty common at most levels outside high school

The break between the two happened in the operational level. I think its pretty easy to surmise why...two different entities with completely different operational philosophies. Change seemed imminent and helpful to both
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

• It varies as I played years ago ..So not suprised ...Indoor soccer is also different from what I have seen..My boy plays in that..Looks like its 80 x40 with less players..Adults use the same field btw..
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• korboko wrote:from the Seahawks, some Sounders fans want their team to move out and get their own crib. :lol:

The Sounders fans who pine for a new stadium are morons, generally speaking. Anyone with have a wit of intelligence realizes that the Sounders have an outstanding situation. Adrian Hanauer has said on numerous occasions that their long term intention is draw 67k a game.
    Super Bowl Champions

Conference Champions
    2005, 2013

Division Champions
    1988, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2013

"Hell no! I wanna go get my rang!"
    Seahawks1983
    NET Starter

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:22 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information