2014 Seattle Mariners

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. RATING: PG-13
Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:02 pm
  • Nine games over and picked up a full game on Oakland.
    I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:17 pm
  • Our nemeses the White Sox are coming up. Take two out of three there and return home for seven with the Twins and As and we'll be in good shape and ten over .500.
    "He's a *****. It's not that he was a *****, he is a *****, and that's why he hasn't won anything."
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest

Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:57 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Jazzhawk wrote:I love what we are seeing from Jones! Incredible last night...4 hits, 3 stolen bases, raised his average to .289. What a revelation!

I liked what Walker did last night, and am hoping the initial control issues were just from being amped up to pitch last night.

However, does anyone else share my concern for what Iwakuma has been giving us lately? 3 out of his last 4 games he's been horrible. I hope he gets back to his former self soon...we need him like that.

Pitchers go through slumps. its been a little disconcerting (as he's had the chance to extend some winning streaks for us) but nothing to be overly concerned with yet.

Well, he came back strong last night and probably could have one longer except for the 2-hour rest between innings when the M's batted around 3 times.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:58 pm
  • This fan is going to Chicago to root for our M's this weekend..Woo Hoo 9 over!! Ack had 3 hits again..Wow something has gotten into the bats...Love it...Go Mariners!!!
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:33 pm
  • i definitely had my doubts early in the season about this team but at this point, there is no way anyone could not be thrilled with McClendon.

He's got this team believing in themselves.

No matter how this season ends, there is a lot to be excited about as a Mariners fan and the real excitement might actually start happening this season.
    amill87
    NET Veteran

Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:14 pm
  • Well seems like Seth Smith is off the table for trade, Padres just signed him to an extension and said that they are not gonna trade him come trade deadline time. Bummer...........
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:10 pm
  • What a game today ..Felix was on big time but so was that Sox pitcher ..I left early(not my choice) But traffic is a madhouse ..I hope the M's pull off the win...Go Mariners!!!
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:52 pm
  • IndyHawk wrote:What a game today ..Felix was on big time but so was that Sox pitcher ..I left early(not my choice) But traffic is a madhouse ..I hope the M's pull off the win...Go Mariners!!!

You left early! We pulled it out in the 14th. Back to nine games over .500
    I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:14 pm
  • CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
    IndyHawk wrote:What a game today ..Felix was on big time but so was that Sox pitcher ..I left early(not my choice) But traffic is a madhouse ..I hope the M's pull off the win...Go Mariners!!!

Yes I know,the problem was the wife not knowing baseball thought it was so boring and kept yapping when is it over?Finally I just had to go,,Mind you that was the end of M's 6th..Next time i go it's just me and boy only..Great win for the M's however..LoMo still hot ..Jones made a great catch...Look who's pitching for Sox Sunday..Going for 10 over..Go Mariners!!!
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:41 pm
  • IndyHawk wrote:
    CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
    IndyHawk wrote:What a game today ..Felix was on big time but so was that Sox pitcher ..I left early(not my choice) But traffic is a madhouse ..I hope the M's pull off the win...Go Mariners!!!

Yes I know,the problem was the wife not knowing baseball thought it was so boring and kept yapping when is it over?Finally I just had to go,,Mind you that was the end of M's 6th..Next time i go it's just me and boy only..Great win for the M's however..LoMo still hot ..Jones made a great catch...Look who's pitching for Sox Sunday..Going for 10 over..Go Mariners!!!

Should have handed her cab fare and told her to have the couch made for you when you got home.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:51 pm
  • First lesson in life, never take your spouse somewhere that they are not as passionette as you are.The obligitory take them always ends up making it less fullfilling for yourself, let her go shopping with her girlfreinds.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
    .Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:16 am
  • It is GREAT to the the M's playing well. At this point you have to believe that they are a pretty decent club. Now if they can just keep it going after the break.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:02 pm
  • The M's getting beaten by Hector Noesi is so Mariners. Just so them. It happens to every team, I know, but...wow.
    "He's a *****. It's not that he was a *****, he is a *****, and that's why he hasn't won anything."
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:34 pm
  • I'm all for trading Walker or some prospects for some hitting at this point, I want to see some playoff baseball, screw the future lol
    Lithium
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:13 pm
  • You shut your mouth.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:35 pm
  • Made a POS like Noesi look like CY Young....... This is still a piss poor offense.
    42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS millennium.....deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:51 am
  • CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
    IndyHawk wrote:
    CurryStopstheRuns wrote:

Should have handed her cab fare and told her to have the couch made for you when you got home.

Ha Ha -good idea..Wonder how much it would have been to ship her over to Navy Pier,I
    don't live in Chicago area so..Chris- I agree..This was the 1st and last time... As for that 1-0 game yesterday...We only gave up 2 hits! Great job by the pen...Wish the offense would be more alive than 6 hits...We do need a spark plug of a hitter..Who and where- I dunno but theres going to be a lot of sellers..We are buying at least 1 good bat ..Go Mariners!!!
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:26 am
  • Rumors are floating about Tulo being on the block. I guess he wants out of Colorado and wants to go somewhere he can actually play in playoff games. He's 29, contract runs through 2020. Hitting numbers are a park inflated, because Denver, but he's still a top player. It's a pipe dream and I don't think or expect this to happen, but I'm kind of interested on what it'd take to get him here. I'm guessing he ends up in NY to replace Jeter.

But to entertain the 0.00001% chance the M's are a player, I'm thinking we'd end up sending Walker, Miller, Taylor, Peterson and maybe picks or another AA prospect or two. And basically give Colorado a big part of the foundation for several playoff runs over the next decade. And Tulo ends up hitting about .270 and tops out at 20 HR over the length of his contract here. So yeah. Don't do it.
    CrimsonWazzu
    NET Starter

Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:43 am
  • Bats have turned to ice the last 6 games. 2 for their last 36 with runners in scoring position I believe I read this morning. Brutal.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:26 am
  • hawksfansinceday1 wrote:Bats have turned to ice the last 6 games. 2 for their last 36 with runners in scoring position I believe I read this morning. Brutal.

They are pressing. A lot of first pitch outs. Lost a bit of plate discipline.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:02 pm
  • This batting problem is nothing new,it comes and goes..When they get the bat(s) we need- it won't be like this as much and I know we all will be happier..Hopefully Oakland goes into a long slump in the 2nd half,they haven't really gone into one yet so they are due...Our pitching is great..Furbush is the only one I'd like replaced ..As for trading prospects ..Look at what the A's gave up to the Cubs...We may have to give up Walker and another but to get a proven talent with a bat and a few years on contract it would be worth it..I'd like to get Gardner from the Yanks..A spark plug we need ..They need pitching bad..Real bad...
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:36 pm
  • CrimsonWazzu wrote:Rumors are floating about Tulo being on the block. I guess he wants out of Colorado and wants to go somewhere he can actually play in playoff games. He's 29, contract runs through 2020. Hitting numbers are a park inflated, because Denver, but he's still a top player. It's a pipe dream and I don't think or expect this to happen, but I'm kind of interested on what it'd take to get him here. I'm guessing he ends up in NY to replace Jeter.

But to entertain the 0.00001% chance the M's are a player, I'm thinking we'd end up sending Walker, Miller, Taylor, Peterson and maybe picks or another AA prospect or two. And basically give Colorado a big part of the foundation for several playoff runs over the next decade. And Tulo ends up hitting about .270 and tops out at 20 HR over the length of his contract here. So yeah. Don't do it.

Normally I wouldn't trade away the farm, but for that guy or Stanton (Marlins) I would seriously consider it. It would be painful to give up Walker and or Paxton, and or DJ Peterson in any deal (I think all 3 will be studs), but if ANY or all are traded, it better be for proven long term talent.
    42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS millennium.....deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:52 pm
  • It would be so awesome if we could get Stanton...big series this weekend...The King of Seattle for the opener..Nice! Go Mariners!!
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:57 pm
  • Saunders to the 15 DL and Smoak recalled where he'll do jack crap as usual after raking in the minors.

They need a bat more now than ever because pissing away outs with Ackley, Smoak and Miller sure aren't going to get this team anywhere.
    The LOLs of the many outweigh the shame of the few
    Msfann
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:44 pm
  • Good win for the Mariners tonight. Felix let up two runs in the first inning but was lights out after that, going 8 innings and striking out 9. Rodney made it interesting in the 9th but we held out for the win.

Felix Hernandez has now gone 11 straight starts going at least 7 innings and letting up 2 or fewer runs. Dude is an absolute stud and he should be starting for the AL in the All-Star game.
    mbtitleist
    NET Rookie

Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:56 pm
  • [tweet] Retweeted by Brian Nemhauser
    Aaron Goldsmith ‏@aaronmgoldsmith 1h
    #Mariners now 50-43 on July 11. This is the fastest M's club to 50 wins since Bob Melvin's 2003 team (June 24) that went 93-69.[/tweet]

KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:20 pm
  • KitsapGuy wrote:

A) That was a bad call
    B) Zunino looks like big foot when he looks back lol
    Lithium
    NET Veteran

Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:29 am
  • Lithium wrote:
    KitsapGuy wrote:

A) That was a bad call
    B) Zunino looks like big foot when he looks back lol

That was the correct call. It was right at the letters and that is with Punto dropping down a bit to influence the call his way.

Edit: here is a picture showing it 50/50 on the line.
    Attachments
    image.jpg
    image.jpg (38.35 KiB) Viewed 474 times
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:59 am
  • It was a close call. Too close to take. The hitter should have fouled it off. At 3-2 you protect the plate.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:45 am
  • Great win!As for that call,anyone who has played baseball knows the strike zone is bigger with 2 strikes and 2 outs..The pitch was belt high..I see strike all day on that..
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:00 pm
  • DAMN that was a tasty game! Fun stuff.
    ...and with one kiss of his bicep he proved, without a shadow of doubt, that he was every bit as much of a DBag as his coach, and most of his team's fanbase. Finally, he could call himself a Niner!
    Trenchbroom
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:04 pm
  • Another great victory.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:10 pm
  • Need a sweep here and a series win against the Angels after the break to maintain having a shot at the division. So far, so good.
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:48 am
  • sutz wrote:It was a close call. Too close to take. The hitter should have fouled it off. At 3-2 you protect the plate.

This ^^^ Basic baseball. You wanna sit on it and the ump calls it strike three it's on you. Typical Bay Area pro athlete sniveling.

Real happy to see the team take the first 2 from Oakland, especially after the Twinkies series.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:36 am
  • hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
    sutz wrote:It was a close call. Too close to take. The hitter should have fouled it off. At 3-2 you protect the plate.

This ^^^ Basic baseball. You wanna sit on it and the ump calls it strike three it's on you. Typical Bay Area pro athlete sniveling.

Real happy to see the team take the first 2 from Oakland, especially after the Twinkies series.

Yeah, the Twins series was kind of embarrassing, but it's nice to see that finally, the team doesn't seem to take a slump of a few games like that and turn it into a downward spiral that lasts until September. They seem better able to bounce back from them than they have in years. It's a hopeful sign that maybe this is a new Mariners team we're watching.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:30 pm
  • Ready for the 2nd half of season..Go Mariners!!!
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:48 pm
  • Here comes Smoak with the bases lubed....
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:51 pm
  • peachesenregalia wrote:Here comes Smoak with the bases lubed....

....and he strikes out looking. *sigh*
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:24 pm
  • M's need a bat in the worst way, Matt Kemp please.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:10 pm
  • Somone please score..

KitsapHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:57 am
  • holy crap we can't hit....guess were just gonna try to win every game 1-0
    Lithium
    NET Veteran

Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:38 pm
  • Lithium wrote:holy crap we can't hit....guess were just gonna try to win every game 1-0

While they do need a bat to get rid of Smoak, Ackley, Miller, the M's were pretty unlucky last night. Especially that line drive that was caught on a prayer by the pitcher and would have plated the winning run.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:22 pm
  • Nice to snag one back there.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:36 pm
  • Wow talk about 3 games worth in 2 games..As much as I want wins and playoffs ,the trade I'm hearing about -giving up just about all of our minors stars to get another starter and 1 bat..I'd love to have the Tampa guys but not at all costs. I would rather stay pat and build up more for next year through small trades and FA....The hitting problem is more than the 1 bat Zobrist can provide..
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:58 am
  • Great start in today's matchup. Plated three in the top of the first and have already run Tyler Skaggs pitch count to thirty one with a tired bullpen.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:37 pm
  • Apparently Young is feeling generous today.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:44 pm
  • Rodney vs. Trout, Pujols and Hamilton in the 9th to get the save. Ugh. Need it though to get 2 out of 3.
    And he walks the leadoff guy (Trout) which is nearly always a recipe for disaster. I feel another extra inning game coming..............

EDIT: Double by Pujols, Trout scores and now Angels with Pujols on 2nd and no one out. Now I feel an "L" coming...........
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:54 pm
  • Hamilton gets a single to get runners at 1st and 3rd, we walk the bases loaded, next batter grounds into a 6-2-3 double play, we walk the bases loaded again, and here we are right now, a chance for a 3rd straight extra inning game.
    mbtitleist
    NET Rookie

Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:55 pm
  • Ground ball up the middle gets through the infield and we lose 6-5.
    mbtitleist
    NET Rookie

Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:56 pm
  • Rodney sucked today, pure and simple.
    Ms had a 2 run lead and should've won this game and the series. This loss hurt.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

PreviousNext

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:15 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information