Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

2014 Seattle Mariners

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:26 pm
  • A 16 game swing in the win column is not enough? I think some valuable lessons were learned this year and this core unit is going to grow and get even better, I think McClendon did a great job with this team and with a few more pieces on the offense (whether FA or homegrown) an absolutely sick pitching staff we are going to contend for the division next year. Sorry it was not enough for many of you but stick around.....better days are coming !
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:32 pm
  • Smelly McUgly wrote:I know Uncle Si will disagree, but this is really disappointing. If Cano were 28, that'd be one thing, but he's already 31. We have maybe two more years of peak Cano, if that, before he starts to decline. We sort of have to win now, and we were giving at bats to Justin Smoak in the middle of a playoff race. It's a real shame.

I just want to see Felix get to the playoffs for himself (and to get twenty wins even if pitcher wins are a stupid stat). You see how he's pitching in a virtual playoff game today. He deserves that much from this franchise.

This was the playoffs really. I mean I understand the difference but this was a big step forward for the club.

Its a shame we were knocked out... And lits of what ifs out there. There will be disappointment sure but as you said, positive and negative can exist simultaneously here.

Some upgrades to come but thats for the winter.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:35 pm
  • CurryStopstheRuns wrote:You saw them for two at bats each. Settle down .

So what you're telling me is that you still can't post without making sense and you're still here crapping up the Mariners thread.

The next time you post, say something sensible or maybe just cut off your computer instead.
    Colin Kaepernick is a great person, something that the NFL is sorely lacking.
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest

Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:43 pm
  • Smelly McUgly wrote:
    CurryStopstheRuns wrote:You saw them for two at bats each. Settle down .

So what you're telling me is that you still can't post without making sense and you're still here crapping up the Mariners thread.

The next time you post, say something sensible or maybe just cut off your computer instead.

I can't post without making sense? Well, I can't disagree with you there. Thank you for the compliment. Just because you are wrong and I am correct does not make what I say lack sense.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:45 pm
  • CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
    Smelly McUgly wrote:
    CurryStopstheRuns wrote:You saw them for two at bats each. Settle down .

I can't post without making sense? Well, I can't disagree with you there. Thank you for the compliment. Just because you are wrong and I am correct does not make what I say lack sense.
    Last edited by chris98251 on Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    Reason: Edited for attacking poster
    Colin Kaepernick is a great person, something that the NFL is sorely lacking.
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest

Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:46 pm
  • m0ng0 wrote:A 16 game swing in the win column is not enough? I think some valuable lessons were learned this year and this core unit is going to grow and get even better, I think McClendon did a great job with this team and with a few more pieces on the offense (whether FA or homegrown) an absolutely sick pitching staff we are going to contend for the division next year. Sorry it was not enough for many of you but stick around.....better days are coming !

There are a few offensive upgrades available via free agency. You have Hanley Ramirez at SS/3B, Billy Butler at 1B/DH (if the Royals decline his 12.5 million option), and either Melky Cabrera or Nelson Cruz for RF.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:41 pm
  • Pretty much perfect end to the season thread...
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:09 pm
  • This team never gave up. Gotta hand it to them. Exciting season; won more games than anyone thought they would.
    In the clearing stands a boxer and a fighter by his trade.........

Paulie S.
    LymonHawk
    * El Primo *

Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:40 pm
  • :13: I think they learned some valuable lessons this year.
    MizzouHawkGal
    .NET Protector of the Hotties

Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:55 pm
  • Well, I think that it's a harder process to turn a team around in baseball than in football with the absence of the salary cap and all, but I see progress this season. In some ways it reminds me of the Seahawks of a couple of years ago. They have a pretty good mix of vets and youth, a pretty good skipper on the field, and the FO is at least encouraging IMHO.

Many decry the slow progress, but that's the way you build for long term success, not just a one season wonder. I have hope for 2015 like I haven't felt in many years. If we can add a couple of good hitters without dumping too many of our promising young guys, we could be building something solid here. I like it.

I notice a similar affect as in the football world, where Fantasy Football afficionadoes have rather unrealistic expectations of how easy it is to build a team. Rotisserie Baseball has been around longer than FF, so I guess it's no surprise fans are so out of touch with how hard it can be. I think the M's have taken a big step forward and look forward to more.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:00 pm
  • The strengths and weaknesses are apparent. Need to see some big moves in the offseason to land a quality bat or 2.
    These guys had a good season and were relevant to the end and as frustrating as this offense was to watch most of the time, that's saying something.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:29 pm
  • Trenchbroom wrote:
    Crizilla wrote:M's have no one to blame but themselves. The A's handed them the spot and M's responded by losing 2 out of 3 to the Astros and 3 out of 4 to the blue jays. Of course they opened the season with sweeping the Angels, and now it looks like they will end the season sweeping the Angels again.

Go seahawks

Yep.

And another "yep" from me. Just take 2 of 3 from the shitty Astros and split with the Jays and the Ms are in.

The team definitely exceeded my preseason expectations though. Hope it's something they're able to build on.
    Last edited by hawksfansinceday1 on Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:53 pm
  • McClendon said it best when he said competing in the MLB level would not be easy. M's just had a bad run of luck during those series. I bet that they'll come back next year with something to prove.

Been real M's fans. Looking forward to next year.
    dumbrabbit
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:19 pm
  • This team had a great year and came up just short..They will be stronger next year from the experience of this year..The weak spots are known and I'm sure will be adressed..The one big thing is this thread,I hope it stays running..I see some Mariner fans like myself and thats cool..It's been fun reading and seeing new fans join in ..Next year should be a lot of fun with new hitters joining the ship and old ones like Smoak walking the plank..The pitching is awesome and we get Hultzen back ect..I'll see you all on here during FA/Trades ect..Go Hawks!!!
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:52 pm
  • I wouldn't mind if we start a new thread for next year. But the team has been worth following this year and I'm hopeful going forward.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:51 pm
  • I wish they could keep playing but at least they won out and looked very strong to finish the year. :thirishdrinkers:

I'll take it and hope they can get in next season.

Guess I'll root for the Royals to take out the A's.
    12th_Bob
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:24 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information