NHL Winter Classic in Seattle...

korboko

Reaction score
I think the NHL should have the Winter Classic or their Stadium Series in Seattle. I'm sure the NHL fans in Seattle would like to go to a live match without having to drive 3 hours up north. Just imagine the Vancouver Canucks playing in either the CLink or Safeco Field, and how cool it would show the NHL that Seattle is ready for their own expansion team.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
WCstripes":2w5jp6ik said:
Is the NHL a good fit for Seattle?

I know I would become a fan, although I think I would still root for the Sharks as they are my current favorite NHL team.

Throwdown

Reaction score
WCstripes":3aimiaoz said:

Easily a good fit, there is a pretty big hockey fan base in Washington, along with the hunger for a winter sport thats more than just one day out of the week. I'm a basketball guy and always have been, but I really believe Hockey would be a major success in Seattle.

davidonmi

Reaction score
WCstripes":29kui3uc said:
yes, seattle seems to love a physical hard nosed football team, I think they'd like hockey.
I would definitely become a fan

Msfann

Reaction score
I don't watch the sport but if Seattle gets a team I'll be a fan from day one and rarely ever miss a game.

We just need a team, the fans are here, ready and waiting.

WCstripes

Reaction score
Interesting to hear, never thought that there would be much interest in hockey down there.

WCstripes

Reaction score
Since there is O coverage, why do people think It would be a success ? I know the T-birds have been around for awhile and there is some history with the Mets.
I just do not see Seattle as a good place for the NHL. Can anyone give me a few reasons as to why it would work?

Msfann

Reaction score
Seattle fans are a pretty competitive group, we love our teams and we really loved the sonics but I won't get into that.

For people like me the nba is dead to me until we get another team but it has left a void in our lives, I miss having another team to root for. I miss watching those games.

I can't get into watching other city's teams , I have no second favorite team in any sport so hockey isn't the most interesting thing but if we had our own team I would interested in it from day one.

Look at how Seattle has done with the sounders, give us a NHL team and that will happen again.

DYLcurry59

Reaction score
WCstripes":z9tzhu5z said:
Since there is O coverage, why do people think It would be a success ? I know the T-birds have been around for awhile and there is some history with the Mets.
I just do not see Seattle as a good place for the NHL. Can anyone give me a few reasons as to why it would work?

I know it's just a small sample size, but I was in Seattle during the Stanley Cup last year. We went to the Angry Beaver, a bar known for it's hockey support, to watch one of the games. We got there an hour before the game started, and it was packed. I think hockey could work in Seattle.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I'm confused, why would local sports people cover a sport that isn't here? It's practically seahawks everything the last 3 years anyway

JKent82

Reaction score
WHL does well, nice and close to Canada, hockey's the best sport to watch live, fun on tv.

I think doing a winter classic is a fun idea, I know I'd go. As much as I want the Sonics back, the NHL product is so much better.