Silva-Weidman II

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Man, what a sad way for this match to end. I feel bad for Silva. I wonder if he's going to be able to come back from this.

For those that didn't see it, Silva's lower leg snapped in half when Weidman checked one of his kicks.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Sad for Weidman as well. More controversy. He looked the better fighter in there tonite and likely won't get the respect he deserves. Everyone remembers Theisman's leg, fewer remember Taylor's sack.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Damn, what a shame. Looked devastating. Hope he can have a speedy recovery, but the career is probably over.

HawkWow

Reaction score
He was a good one. Student turned teacher turned student. As in: Had he not dicked around in the first fight, tonight may have been prevented. Every day's a school day.

Greenhell

Reaction score
HawkWow":5bepnu5a said:
Sad for Weidman as well. More controversy. He looked the better fighter in there tonite and likely won't get the respect he deserves. Everyone remembers Theisman's leg, fewer remember Taylor's sack.

Ohh I remember the sack. I was watching the night it happened.

LargentFan

Reaction score
I heard Theisman on the radio talking about that injury. He said Taylor called him at the hospital a few days after.
Thiesman said, "You broke both bones in my leg."
Taylor said, "I've never been one to do things only half-way."

Paraphrased of course, but it made me laugh.

HawkWow

Reaction score
LOL...that is some funny stuff. Too bad about LT and his demons. Arguably the greatest D player to ever play this game. I hope he gets it figured out and goes onto to have a special after football life, too. Shying away from underage....uh, well you know, would be a great start.

Msfann

Reaction score
I saw a pic of it (Silva)that some ahole put on a forum without a warning. I don't want to see that again. Hopefully the guy will be ok but that was horrible. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.