Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Post subject: 20th anniversary of 63-18 nightmare
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:51 am 
NET Starter

Its been 20 years since that catastrophic day of Mutombo holding that ball on the last game in the old coliseum. " Not in our house"

This was after a 63-18 season where a certain Seattle team had

1) the best record in the NBA

2) was almost invincible at home. I think they were something ridiculous 39-2 at home that year.

Sound familiar guys?

Is Mutombo coming back this year in the form of a Cam Newton or Riley Cooper?

Unfortunately I have memories of this vs any championships.

I do think we win this week, but the Seatleite in me voices worry more than anything else

Post subject: Re: 20th anniversary of 63-18 nightmare
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:20 am 
NET Starter

I can't believe that was 20 years ago. Wow, time sure flies by.

As to whether this is the state of the Seahawks this year, not sure that this applicable. Besides the Sonics did make the championship a year or so later even though they lost to the Bulls.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:23 am 
NET Starter

BobcatHawk wrote:

As to whether this is the state of the Seahawks this year, not sure that this applicable. Besides the Sonics did make the championship a year or so later even though they lost to the Bulls.

"MADE" a championship. Didnt WIN a championship. This city hangs its hat on the 95 Mariners that lost to Cleveland where in other major markets thats considered a failure.

Im just fed up with being satisfied with this "close but no cigar" approach this town takes with everything

Post Posted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:24 am 
NET Starter

And to make matters worse. The only Pro championship we have is sitting in some office in Oklahoma City

Post Posted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:27 am 
* NET Baller *

seahawksny wrote:
And to make matters worse. The only Pro championship we have is sitting in some office in Oklahoma City

It's actually sitting in some museum in Seattle, the banner is in some warehouse. The team in OKC just control it.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:36 am 
NET Starter

seahawksny wrote:
BobcatHawk wrote:

"MADE" a championship. Didnt WIN a championship. This city hangs its hat on the 95 Mariners that lost to Cleveland where in other major markets thats considered a failure.

Im just fed up with being satisfied with this "close but no cigar" approach this town takes with everything

I'm by no means satisfied with Seattle teams having their moments of competitiveness and not winning championships. I just think its a little premature to think that that situation is going to repeat itself. I'm going to try to enjoy the rest of the ride and , hopefully, it ends in a super bowl win for the Seahawks.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:44 am 
NET Starter

BobcatHawk wrote:
seahawksny wrote:
BobcatHawk wrote:

I'm by no means satisfied with Seattle teams having their moments of competitiveness and not winning championships. I just think its a little premature to think that that situation is going to repeat itself. I'm going to try to enjoy the rest of the ride and , hopefully, it ends in a super bowl win for the Seahawks.

YOU AND I arent satisfied-
But when the Seattle Times write articles honoring the 95 M's and the 2001 M's on their anniversary ( who were a whopping 4-6 in the playoffs that year), it goes to show that the town preaches its members to be satisfied with mediocrity.

You are correct. There obviously is no connection between this year and that year in '94, but if we do fall short, the feeling will come back. Thats all im saying

Post Posted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:11 am 
* NET Alumni *

This post=

Post Posted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:54 pm 
NET Rookie

Or the Mariners record setting 116 wins, then..... Nothing

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE SPORTS BAR ]