The obsession with how many titles we have

BreesIsOverrated

Reaction score
I just find it funny that fans from the 49ers and other fanbases obsess that we haven't won a Super Bowl yet.... and that our city supposedly sucks as a sports town. I know we only have one major modern Pro title (1979 NBA)... but I never see the same thing being said about well... pretty much any other city. What makes us so much more hated than San Diego, Phoenix, Buffalo, Minneapolis, Cleveland, Nashville, Charlotte, Jacksonville, Atlanta, New Orleans, Cincinnati...etc and many more that have accomplished in most cases the same or LESS than our city has? It's like they have some personal vendetta against Seattle winning another title.

seahawks08

Reaction score
We are getting there. I think we will be formidable for a long time and the Mariners are making a splash too. Its exciting for us fans.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
BreesIsOverrated":3kb56nu8 said:
I just find it funny that fans from the 49ers and other fanbases obsess that we haven't won a Super Bowl yet.... and that our city supposedly sucks as a sports town. I know we only have one major modern Pro title (1979 NBA)... but I never see the same thing being said about well... pretty much any other city. What makes us so much more hated than San Diego, Phoenix, Buffalo, Minneapolis, Cleveland, Nashville, Charlotte, Jacksonville, Atlanta, New Orleans, Cincinnati...etc and many more that have accomplished in most cases the same or LESS than our city has? It's like they have some personal vendetta against Seattle winning another title.

Stanley Cup............ 1917. :stirthepot:
So if we get an NHL team, we can instantly talk smack?

BTW, first American Stanley Cup in history.

OP
OP
B

BreesIsOverrated

Reaction score
ZorntoLargent":18b9zon1 said:
BreesIsOverrated":18b9zon1 said:

Good point, what has the Bay Area ever won in hockey? LOL. We should all troll the San Jose Sharks board with pictures of our 1917 "ring" :stirthepot:

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
seahawks08":1g6ggjdt said:
We are getting there. I think we will be formidable for a long time and the Mariners are making a splash too. Its exciting for us fans.
Mariners? LMAO! They need what the post-Mora Hawks got... a top-down management overhaul.

Polaris

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":36rddj9a said:
seahawks08":36rddj9a said:
Mariners? LMAO! They need what the post-Mora Hawks got... a top-down management overhaul.

I would say the Mariners need a management enema which is IMHO what the Seahawks got post-Mora.

Jay-Dog

Reaction score
A world class city. Industry leaders. Population center is small in relation to next biggest city. Then add ,Mountains, Ocean, Volcano, Nature, Canada -Montana -Idaho-Oregon close neighbors, Seafood, Hot women....so on so forth.

Seattle is well respected outside Washington and believe it or not fans outside of our division have a lot of good things to say about the Hawks.

What's not to be jealous of?

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
Even tho teams like the Niners have 5 titles, they are jealous of how good this team is, period. We are in the brink of a championship and they want to hold us down. With them, they will constantly go back to the 5 rings until we catch them. The Niners accomplished their Quest for Six Sunday, that was their Super Bowl, they are not going anywhere

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":2b7amd1y said:
seahawks08":2b7amd1y said:
Don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen.

dradee

Reaction score
ZorntoLargent":34dbps6p said:
BreesIsOverrated":34dbps6p said:

Seattle team won Stanley cup in 1917?

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Diezel Dawg":3882yy6e said:
The Niners accomplished their Quest for Six Sunday, that was their Super Bowl, they are not going anywhere

Just as a tip, the "that was their Super Bowl thing" about Sunday's game is pretty feckless and meaningless. 9ers fans being obnoxious and saying that about the Hawks regular season win last year was BECAUSE the Hawks haven't won one yet. 9ers fans just roll their eyes and laugh at Hawks fans who have tried to use it in reverse this week, because the whole point of saying it was that the Hawks have never won one and their fans need to pacify themselves with meaningless regular season win.

As for the OP, it's only really some 9ers fans who say this. Not anybody else really. As for why they say it, it's pretty simple: they say it because it's obnoxious and it gets under some Hawks fans' skin. That's it. That's the whole story from beginning to end. It's a simple one. :D

FWIW if the 9ers get knocked out I'm definitely rooting for the Hawks to win the Bowl this year. I'd root for the fans of any team that hasn't won one yet, but the Hawks being in the same division as my team (and also just personally liking the Hawks as a team) are good reasons too.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
dradee":1g0rz696 said:
Seattle team won Stanley cup in 1917?
Yep; the Seattle Metropolitans won the first American Stanley Cup.

Popeyejones":1g0rz696 said:
Just as a tip, the "that was their Super Bowl thing" about Sunday's game is pretty feckless and meaningless.
Yeah, that's why we throw it back at the 49ers. Half your fan base said it 762 times after the last two times we beat you.

HawkWow

Reaction score
It's more difficult to win a National Championship than it is to win a SuperBowl. Seattle's UW has 2 such championships.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
It is especially comical coming from 49er fans considering it took them approximately as long as the Seahawks have been in existence to win their first title.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Bitter":2skm32x8 said:
It is especially comical coming from 49er fans considering it took them approximately as long as the Seahawks have been in existence to win their first title.

Nice....I never considered that angle. How many years was it for them?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
HawkWow":2povbznk said:
Bitter":2povbznk said:

Nice....I never considered that angle. How many years was it for them?
Unfortunately, fewer than we've been in existence. 35 years. We got to a Super Bowl before they did, but we didn't win ours...Supposedly...friggin' Bill Leavy..

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
HawkWow":swxtaqea said:
If only the Nordstroms had been mobsters. ; )
Hell, if only we had hit our early 30-years-into-the-franchise mark before the salary cap era.

"You couldn't buy championships before there was a salary cap!" <-- 49ers fans.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHA good one, noob." <-- Yankees fans.

Latest posts