Robbie Cano

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3ktah72m said:
Just being used. We all have seen this before

edited for now thinking we are getting used and even the signing of Ellsbury doesnt mean Cano wont go back to the Yankees..

Subzero717

Reaction score
If they land Cano and pull off a trade for say one of the Dodgers outfielders I'll believe their intentions are at least headed in the right direction.

getnasty

Reaction score
Where is Franklin going to play? Say No to Cano

chris98251

Reaction score
Story will play out that there are talks, then a meeting set up, on the way to a meeting he signs with the Red Sox or Yankees or Angels.

akscoundrel

Reaction score
272.gif

Im ashamed/disheartened there is even talks of us potentially signing him for that kind of money. Haven't we already learned this lesson?

Any team thay signs him for that kind of money (or even close to it, or half of it, etc) will get exactly what they deserve for their own stupidity.

Atradees

Reaction score
I think you guys nailed it. When these guys sign for that big of deal nothing good comes of it.

425HawkSpark

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":12tqjv48 said:
Just being used. We all have seen this before
:13: we have seen it with fielder, Hamilton, ... Every year linked to a big bat. Every year the mariners give more money to these players by just putting their hat in the ring. Then their agent say look at what the mariners offered. Then they meet in the middle and the mariners get used again. Be prepared, Willie bloomquist is our big signing this year. Who wants to come here to be in 4th place.

m0ng0

Reaction score
so how about a list of players the team should be looking at? the cano move seems as popular as the bloomquist signing :D talk to me fans of the mariners who is out there that is a good fit?

425HawkSpark

Reaction score
m0ng0":2evbl3tm said:
so how about a list of players the team should be looking at? the cano move seems as popular as the bloomquist signing :D talk to me fans of the mariners who is out there that is a good fit?
We need power and no power want to come. We get overpaid average players with some contact and defense. I'm a huge mariners fan, but it's simple NO wants to come here other than some pitchers for a stop gap to try and lower their ERA. People use their no trade clause and don't come here. It's been a hard decade. :180670:

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I'm reading more on it and I'm for the acquisition of Cano (not the trade for Price though, I feel like if we are going to trade a young pitcher it should be Paxton and for hitting).

If Cano is part of a broader plan to bring in 2-3 top players and simply ceiling the teams salary this year in the hopes of saving jobs than screw it. if it doesnt work? what else is new. Weve been rebuilding poorly for several years. Atleast this is a change.

m0ng0

Reaction score
as am I, keep the core of pitchers, re sign Morales if the price is not outrageous, look for an outfield stick or two.....

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I would agree with the 2 above posts. We need to keep what we have and spend to improve. Our history as of late with trades is at best a wash with the return.
I am afraid that Z maybe in panic mode to save his job and will now go for "win now at all costs "

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":2f31yb0j said:
getnasty":2f31yb0j said:
Where is Franklin going to play?

In Tampa after we trade him and Taijuan Walker for David Price as if that's going to be a smart mo--**sobs**

what part would bother you more, losing Franklin or Walker? (I still dont see the deal going through. I feel like salary restraints will derail that one).

but seriously, as far as philosophy goes, Walker (his upside is as high as the risk of simply throwing his arm out) for a near Cy young level pitcher?

to me, the deal looks good, IF the Ms were closer (which they arent). they need more, and Price isnt what they need more of

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Well reports are that he is in Seattle today and the M's are willing to offer 10 years at 240-250 mil. That's a whole lot of dough!