Sounders Season Thread ***YEDLIN SOLD***

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. RATING: PG-13
  • I am so sick of Frei. He is crap as a keeper.
    I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2239
    Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:52 pm


  • I thought Frei played alright in the first half. He broke the wrong way on that shot from Rodriguez, but that thing was just extremely well-struck and would have been hard to get a hand on anyway.

    That Cooper dude had a total lead foot in the first twenty minutes. All his touches were just really hard and he couldn't keep control.
    "If given the opportunity without fear of incarceration, I would honestly beat the living **** out of Jerry Rice."

    --Internet tough guy HawkWow being a MAN on the internet
    User avatar
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3754
    Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:30 pm
    Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest


  • Smelly McUgly wrote:I thought Frei played alright in the first half. He broke the wrong way on that shot from Rodriguez, but that thing was just extremely well-struck and would have been hard to get a hand on anyway.

    That Cooper dude had a total lead foot in the first twenty minutes. All his touches were just really hard and he couldn't keep control.


    Nah, he has been off his line all night and it has placed him in precarious situations.
    I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2239
    Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:52 pm


  • DeAndre Yedlin has been sold to AS Roma in Serie A. He will remain with the sounders on loan through this season.
    Image
    Man up, stand in line.
    User avatar
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *
     
    Posts: 4337
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:08 am
    Location: Brier, WA


  • Smurf wrote:DeAndre Yedlin has been sold to AS Roma in Serie A. He will remain with the sounders on loan through this season.


    Great for Yedlin. Another big loss for the Sounders and MLS.
    User avatar
    hawkfan68
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 3775
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:10 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • hawkfan68 wrote:
    Smurf wrote:DeAndre Yedlin has been sold to AS Roma in Serie A. He will remain with the sounders on loan through this season.


    Great for Yedlin. Another big loss for the Sounders and MLS.



    Apparently the sale isn't finalized yet, but I'd expect it to be in a week or so.
    Image
    Man up, stand in line.
    User avatar
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *
     
    Posts: 4337
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:08 am
    Location: Brier, WA


  • So, Does Roma intend to loan Yedlin next year? I have a hard time seeing him breaking into Roma's 11 anytime soon.
    knownone
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 803
    Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:10 pm


  • knownone wrote:So, Does Roma intend to loan Yedlin next year? I have a hard time seeing him breaking into Roma's 11 anytime soon.

    Yes. Reports evoked a loan to the Sounders for this upcoming year.
    User avatar
    Nog
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 180
    Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:26 pm
    Location: Seattle


  • knownone wrote:So, Does Roma intend to loan Yedlin next year? I have a hard time seeing him breaking into Roma's 11 anytime soon.



    Everything I've seen has him Loaned back to Sounders through our MLS Season, and then loaned to another Italian team in the Winter Window Once MLS is done.
    Image
    Man up, stand in line.
    User avatar
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *
     
    Posts: 4337
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:08 am
    Location: Brier, WA



  • Welp, congrats. Better team won tonight. Chara once again hosed his team against a Cascadia rival.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

    RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    User avatar
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *
     
    Posts: 15443
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Portland, OR


  • Great game overall. It was good to see Ozzie get a goal.
    Pappa and Gonzo maybe the two biggest steals this off-season. Pappa is playing at a DP level. Gonzo is the player we've needed for years at CM .
    knownone
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 803
    Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:10 pm


  • Boom 3-1. Get it done.
    Image
    Man up, stand in line.
    User avatar
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *
     
    Posts: 4337
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:08 am
    Location: Brier, WA


  • And up next is Sounders vs Portland....forget the world cup...that was last hours story...now its time for the Cascadia cup.
    Image
    Man up, stand in line.
    User avatar
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *
     
    Posts: 4337
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:08 am
    Location: Brier, WA


  • The lights going to stay on this time? Anyone in Seattle checked?
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

    RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    User avatar
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *
     
    Posts: 15443
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Portland, OR


  • Welcome back, Clint Dempsey.
    Image
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    User avatar
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 6513
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


  • nothing better than beating the timbers.
    Image
    Man up, stand in line.
    User avatar
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *
     
    Posts: 4337
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:08 am
    Location: Brier, WA


  • Donovan Ricketts impressed the crap out of me. After Oba came on and got the offense going, he was pretty much under constant fire and still almost managed to keep his team level.
    "If given the opportunity without fear of incarceration, I would honestly beat the living **** out of Jerry Rice."

    --Internet tough guy HawkWow being a MAN on the internet
    User avatar
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3754
    Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:30 pm
    Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest


  • knownone wrote:Pappa and Gonzo maybe the two biggest steals this off-season. Pappa is playing at a DP level. Gonzo is the player we've needed for years at CM .



    The value the Sounders are getting out of these two guys is incredible, and the linking up with Dempsey and Martins is so much fun to watch. Happy to have everyone back. Great win.
    Tall men come down to my height when I hit 'em in the body.

    Jack Dempsey
    User avatar
    Fuzzman55
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1575
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 3:10 pm


  • Nice win. However, they had some nice chances early but Chad Barrett doesn't know the difference between red/black and green kits. The Sounders were wearing green, Chad. Chad would kill any opportunities by giving away passes.
    User avatar
    hawkfan68
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 3775
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:10 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • Ugh. This week has been our season in a nutshell. Play well then go through a killer lapse.

    At least the lights stayed on and the field looked professional.

    And in the spirit of good sportsmanship, nice game..

    Still hope you choke in the playoffs, though. ;)
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

    RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    User avatar
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *
     
    Posts: 15443
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Portland, OR


  • Sarlacc83 wrote:Ugh. This week has been our season in a nutshell. Play well then go through a killer lapse.

    At least the lights stayed on and the field looked professional.

    And in the spirit of good sportsmanship, nice game..

    Still hope you choke in the playoffs, though. ;)


    I would say the same to you timber fan, but it looks like your playoff run was one and done last season. :stirthepot: :thirishdrinkers:
    I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2239
    Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:52 pm


  • CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
    Sarlacc83 wrote:Ugh. This week has been our season in a nutshell. Play well then go through a killer lapse.

    At least the lights stayed on and the field looked professional.

    And in the spirit of good sportsmanship, nice game..

    Still hope you choke in the playoffs, though. ;)


    I would say the same to you timber fan, but it looks like your playoff run was one and done last season. :stirthepot: :thirishdrinkers:


    The memories of ass kicking the Sounders out of the playoffs last year still keeps me warm at night. :thirishdrinkers:
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

    RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    User avatar
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *
     
    Posts: 15443
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Portland, OR


  • Sarlacc83 wrote:
    CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
    Sarlacc83 wrote:Ugh. This week has been our season in a nutshell. Play well then go through a killer lapse.

    At least the lights stayed on and the field looked professional.

    And in the spirit of good sportsmanship, nice game..

    Still hope you choke in the playoffs, though. ;)


    I would say the same to you timber fan, but it looks like your playoff run was one and done last season. :stirthepot: :thirishdrinkers:


    The memories of ass kicking the Sounders out of the playoffs last year still keeps me warm at night. :thirishdrinkers:


    Well, that's good news then. You can talk about it and reminisce while watching the Sounders in the playoffs, this year.
    I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2239
    Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:52 pm


  • hawkfan68 wrote:Nice win. However, they had some nice chances early but Chad Barrett doesn't know the difference between red/black and green kits. The Sounders were wearing green, Chad. Chad would kill any opportunities by giving away passes.




    Barrett's lost some form for sure. You could see shades of it the other night in the US Open Cup...and honestly I think part of it is Mental. I think he's trying a little bit too hard out there and not letting it come naturally. He's forcing the issue too much. He's worried he's going to lose a bunch of minutes with Oba and Clint coming back.

    Our team is just super talented. We are playing so well right now. We have 15 players that I'd be ok starting every week.
    Image
    Man up, stand in line.
    User avatar
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *
     
    Posts: 4337
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:08 am
    Location: Brier, WA


  • Smurf wrote:
    hawkfan68 wrote:Nice win. However, they had some nice chances early but Chad Barrett doesn't know the difference between red/black and green kits. The Sounders were wearing green, Chad. Chad would kill any opportunities by giving away passes.




    Barrett's lost some form for sure. You could see shades of it the other night in the US Open Cup...and honestly I think part of it is Mental. I think he's trying a little bit too hard out there and not letting it come naturally. He's forcing the issue too much. He's worried he's going to lose a bunch of minutes with Oba and Clint coming back.

    Our team is just super talented. We are playing so well right now. We have 15 players that I'd be ok starting every week.


    Ya...I agree. Depth on this team is really good.
    User avatar
    hawkfan68
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 3775
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:10 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • Smurf wrote:



    hawkfan68 wrote:
    Nice win. However, they had some nice chances early but Chad Barrett doesn't know the difference between red/black and green kits. The Sounders were wearing green, Chad. Chad would kill any opportunities by giving away passes.



    Barrett's lost some form for sure. You could see shades of it the other night in the US Open Cup...and honestly I think part of it is Mental. I think he's trying a little bit too hard out there and not letting it come naturally. He's forcing the issue too much. He's worried he's going to lose a bunch of minutes with Oba and Clint coming back.

    Our team is just super talented. We are playing so well right now. We have 15 players that I'd be ok starting every week.

    Ya...I agree. Depth on this team is really good.


    Man,

    If we can start 15 players every week I'd be stoked!
    User avatar
    rightbench
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 732
    Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:30 am
    Location: Simi Valley CA


  • Well that was a fun friendly. 3-3 draw vs Spurs.
    Image
    Man up, stand in line.
    User avatar
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *
     
    Posts: 4337
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:08 am
    Location: Brier, WA


  • It was entertaining and nobody got hurt. I'd say mission accomplished.
    Image
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    User avatar
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 6513
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


  • 5 Sounders named to the MLS All Star game vs Bayern Munich.

    Clint Dempsey
    Oba Martins
    DeAndre Yedlin
    Ozzie Alonso
    Chad Marshall

    Most in the league, most in Sounders history.
    Image
    Man up, stand in line.
    User avatar
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *
     
    Posts: 4337
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:08 am
    Location: Brier, WA


  • Smurf wrote:5 Sounders named to the MLS All Star game vs Bayern Munich.

    Clint Dempsey
    Oba Martins
    DeAndre Yedlin
    Ozzie Alonso
    Chad Marshall

    Most in the league, most in Sounders history.


    All deserving but Pineda should have been on that list too. He's played like an all-star as well.
    User avatar
    hawkfan68
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 3775
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:10 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • hawkfan68 wrote:
    Smurf wrote:5 Sounders named to the MLS All Star game vs Bayern Munich.

    Clint Dempsey
    Oba Martins
    DeAndre Yedlin
    Ozzie Alonso
    Chad Marshall

    Most in the league, most in Sounders history.


    All deserving but Pineda should have been on that list too. He's played like an all-star as well.



    If Will Johnson was good enough to make it...then Pineda should be on it...

    ..but this i also a list that has Will Johnson on it...so keep that in mind...
    Image
    Man up, stand in line.
    User avatar
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *
     
    Posts: 4337
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:08 am
    Location: Brier, WA


Re: Sounders Season Thread
Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:47 pm
  • This is embarrassing....
    knownone
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 803
    Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:10 pm


Re: Sounders Season Thread
Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:48 pm
  • Seattle looks like complete ass tonight. If we do sell Yedlin I hope the money is used to buy a midfielder that is actually able to maintain possession for more than 3 seconds at a time and a defender that does more than watch people run by him.
    Image
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    User avatar
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 6513
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: Sounders Season Thread
Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:57 pm
  • Sounders are starting to lose their cool. Someone's gonna get a red card tonight.
    Image
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    User avatar
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 6513
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: Sounders Season Thread
Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:02 pm
  • So, it's 3-0 at the half, and it really should be 5-0 the way both teams have played. Not sure what Sigi can do at this point to try and make it competitive but sitting Pineda would be a nice start.
    Image
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    User avatar
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 6513
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: Sounders Season Thread
Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:24 pm
  • Someone needs to tell the Sounders that it's not OK to kick the ball right to the guys in the black shirts.
    Image
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    User avatar
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 6513
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: Sounders Season Thread
Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:07 pm
  • Well that was pathetic.
    User avatar
    Spounge84
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 1896
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 3:16 pm
    Location: Lacey, WA


Re: Sounders Season Thread
Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:25 pm
  • With how we played....could have been worse.


    On to the next.
    Image
    Man up, stand in line.
    User avatar
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *
     
    Posts: 4337
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:08 am
    Location: Brier, WA


Re: Sounders Season Thread
Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:22 am
  • If Yedlin really is the RB of the future for the USMNT then he needs to be sold immediately, because he's not learning a damn thing about playing defense under Sigi.
    Image
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    User avatar
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 6513
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: Sounders Season Thread
Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:35 am
  • Disagree.

    Still a lot to learn, and a lot to be tought. Sigi still a bunch to offer. Think of improvement from preseason last year to now. Better player. Sigi played a big role. Jurgen too.

    Last night wasn't on Yedlin. Wasn't on Frei either.

    The spine of the team was decimated.

    Scott, Anibaba, Alonso, Pineda, Martins, Dempsey and especially Lamar Neagle all played horribly last night. Couldn't hold the ball for crap. Lack of ball pressure. Lack of marking. Backline was covering too much space with no help from midfield. DP strikers couldn't do what they are paid to do.
    Image
    Man up, stand in line.
    User avatar
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *
     
    Posts: 4337
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:08 am
    Location: Brier, WA


Re: Sounders Season Thread
Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:17 am
  • There was a power outage at Clink yesterday during the first 10 min of the game. Looks like it sucked the power out of the Sounders too. Pathetic home showing. Defense didn't show up. Now the importance of Chad Marshall was magnified. Luckily they have a cushion in standings but that gap will close quickly if they continue to play like last night.
    User avatar
    hawkfan68
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 3775
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:10 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Sounders Season Thread
Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:24 pm
  • hawkfan68 wrote:There was a power outage at Clink yesterday during the first 10 min of the game. Looks like it sucked the power out of the Sounders too. Pathetic home showing. Defense didn't show up. Now the importance of Chad Marshall was magnified. Luckily they have a cushion in standings but that gap will close quickly if they continue to play like last night.



    We were crap from minute 1.
    Image
    Man up, stand in line.
    User avatar
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *
     
    Posts: 4337
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:08 am
    Location: Brier, WA


Re: Sounders Season Thread
Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:50 pm
  • I agree Smurf. Bad game from the get-go. I don't know what it is about the Galaxy but they seem to bring out the worst Sounder games. I seen two god-awful showings from the Sounders against them. Chad Barrett's passing leaves much to be desired. Why he gets playing time over Cooper is beyond me. At least Cooper adds something.
    User avatar
    hawkfan68
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 3775
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:10 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Sounders Season Thread
Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:07 pm
  • Barrett adds desire, determination and physicality. He was brought on to be physical, not cause he's a great passer.

    doesn't matter either way...both Cooper and Barrett are out of form.
    Image
    Man up, stand in line.
    User avatar
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *
     
    Posts: 4337
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:08 am
    Location: Brier, WA


Re: Sounders Season Thread
Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:36 pm
  • Frei is utterly worthless.
    I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2239
    Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:52 pm


Re: Sounders Season Thread
Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:39 pm
  • Another brainfart from Frei just happened. I wish the Sounders had a competent goalkeeper. Sheesh!
    User avatar
    hawkfan68
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 3775
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:10 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Sounders Season Thread
Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:42 pm
  • Looks like their getting they're annual collapse out the way early this year.
    Image
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    User avatar
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 6513
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: Sounders Season Thread
Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:14 pm
  • The team is coming apart on the field and Sigi is asking for directions to the nearest In & Out Burger.
    Image
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    User avatar
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 6513
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: Sounders Season Thread
Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:49 pm
  • You can kiss the Supporter's Shield goodbye. Again.
    Image
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    User avatar
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 6513
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


PreviousNext


It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:09 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests