Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Sounders Season Thread ***YEDLIN SOLD***

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Seattle's attack looks much better today than the previous few matches. I attribute it to the fact that they're getting back to playing the ball wide and not funneling everything to the top of the box.

2014 Adopt-A-Rookie: Kiero Small
    2015 Adopt-A-Rookie: Tyler Lockett
    2016 Adopt-A-Rookie: Joey Hunt
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• SeatownJay wrote:Seattle's attack looks much better today than the previous few matches. I attribute it to the fact that they're getting back to playing the ball wide and not funneling everything to the top of the box.

Oba scored....good to see him excited again, last few games he's been quite frustrated telling by his body language.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

• And Dempsey get's back on the scoresheet on a fast break.

SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Making it look easy.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

• 2 blatant handballs in the box. Should be 2-2. MLS refs are terrible.
    Super Bowl Champions XLVIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• Sarlacc83 wrote:2 blatant handballs in the box. Should be 2-2. MLS refs are terrible.

And a flagrant elbow that should have been a red card against the Timbers. Stop bitching and put the ball in the net. Wanting the referees to win the match for you...very timberish.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

• Well, there is a bs yellow on Marshall, who clearly played and got the ball, so your begging for assistance seems to be helping.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

• CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
    Sarlacc83 wrote:2 blatant handballs in the box. Should be 2-2. MLS refs are terrible.

And a flagrant elbow that should have been a red card against the Timbers. Stop bitching and put the ball in the net. Wanting the referees to win the match for you...very timberish.

Getting the MLS to win games for you is the Sounders thing to do. Looks like you know they got away with it, too.

Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• Sarlacc83 wrote:
    CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
    Sarlacc83 wrote:2 blatant handballs in the box. Should be 2-2. MLS refs are terrible.

Getting the MLS to win games for you is the Sounders thing to do. Looks like you know they got away with it, too.

What? Oh, wait I get it, it was a joke.

Haha, good one.
    Last edited by Spounge84 on Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Spounge84
    NET Veteran

• Sarlacc83 wrote:
    CurryStopstheRuns wrote:

Your tears are like an ice cold beer on a hot summer day
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

• This may be the best defensive game I've seen Yedlin play for Seattle.

SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Barrett makes it 3-0, but wth is up with his celebration?

SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• ....and my team sucks.

Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• It seems the Sounders late summer freefall has stopped. At least for one game.

As I say that, Stephen Frei decides to rear its ugly head.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

• Martins with a brilliant run to make it 4-1.

SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Fun match. I don't know how Barrett does it, but he's turned into a little goal machine. Yedlin had a great match as well. And Oba goes without saying.
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    2015 Adopt-a-rookie: Kristjan Sokoli
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran

• Good result today, should have been more. Easy win. RSL dropped points too! I think we win supporters shield as I don't think our form drops for the rest of the regular season. Play offs are a different prospect as we have traditionally struggled in them but who knows. I'd take Supporters shield and US Open Cup right now and cascadia cup for bragging rights.

Hope the Seattle Reign win tomorrow. Them, Seahawks winning the Superbowl, Mariners making the play offs and the Sounders winning a league trophy would be a dream year for Seattle sports.
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• Seattle seems like they can name their scoreline tonight. I still think the Supporter's Shield comes down to the final two games of the season against L.A.

SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• 8 more league cup finals left an the open cup final. This is going to come down to the RSL and LA games.
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• Quality win! 4 goals in the first half and 2 by Andy Rose. With his two goals yesterday, Martins has 12 goals on the season so far.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

• hawkfan68 wrote:Quality win! 4 goals in the first half and 2 by Andy Rose. With his two goals yesterday, Martins has 12 goals on the season so far.

That is the most goals Oba has scored with one team during one season in his entire professional career.

Previous record was 11 (with 3 clubs)
    Man up, stand in line.
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *

• Smurf wrote:
    hawkfan68 wrote:Quality win! 4 goals in the first half and 2 by Andy Rose. With his two goals yesterday, Martins has 12 goals on the season so far.

That is the most goals Oba has scored with one team during one season in his entire professional career.

Previous record was 11 (with 3 clubs)

Nice!! He's also has 9 assists. Remarkable year from him. Glad he's stayed mostly healthy this season.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

• The team hit a little slump there with the World Cup and took a bit to get their chemistry back, but they have appeared to recapture that in the last few matches.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

• Sounders don't play another game until Sept 12. It's a long layoff, hopefully they don't come out flat. I believe they had a long layoff before the Galaxy game and then proceeded to get pounded. Hopefully that doesn't happen again.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

• Lamar's strike was a thing of beauty. Seattle up 2-1 at the half.

SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• ROOOOOOOOOOOOSE!!!!!
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

razgriz737
    NET Veteran

• That was intense
    slipwax
    NET Starter

• Great match. RSL did not lay down and die even when they had to face an onslaught of crosses by the Sounders after the red card.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

• Just back from the game. That was a damn important win, almost a 6 pointer and a real boost going into the cup final and the final stretch of the season. Felt we were too open at the back for the first goal we lost. The second was sheer luck with that deflection.

The referee was really weak. Should have booked more RSL players for time wasting and I need to see it again but it looked like a penalty for Martins. Speaking of Martins, maybe being harsh as he scored but he almost cost us the game with a few really bad misses. I felt if we drew, it would have been on him, just didn't seem his day.

Neagle's goal was sheer class, it's frustrating for me seeing him playing on the wings. Would prefer to see him up front.

I felt Barrett should have been on 10 minutes earlier along with Rose. I've been hard on Rose in the past but he needs to start now, especially with him having sky high confidence and the golden touch. Keep Pineda rested and fresh, we are going to need him down the stretch when guys get tired and for the more defensive games.

I think Kenny Cooper's time as a Sounder is up unless he plays in the Open Cup final. We don't need him if we have Chad Barrett. Barrett isn't the most gifted of players but he sure as hell tries.
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• Borcher's foul on Martins came outside the box so it's not a penalty. Was definitely a red card, though.

SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Good win. Rose is looking good these days. He was one of my whipping boys earlier :). Happy to say that he's making a good case for him not to stay as a whipping boy. As for my other whipping boy, is it me or does Frei make easy stops look so difficult? I wish there was a better option as GK.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

• hawkfan68 wrote:Good win. Rose is looking good these days. He was one of my whipping boys earlier :). Happy to say that he's making a good case for him not to stay as a whipping boy. As for my other whipping boy, is it me or does Frei make easy stops look so difficult? I wish there was a better option as GK.

Apparently Hildebrand the former Stuttgart keeper is on trial/training with us. I always felt Gspurning was unfairly thrown under the bus last year for the collapse of the defense (he did great considering he had the disaster Jhon Kennedy in front of him). I prefer him to Frei
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• Glasgow Seahawk wrote:
    hawkfan68 wrote:Good win. Rose is looking good these days. He was one of my whipping boys earlier :). Happy to say that he's making a good case for him not to stay as a whipping boy. As for my other whipping boy, is it me or does Frei make easy stops look so difficult? I wish there was a better option as GK.

Apparently Hildebrand the former Stuttgart keeper is on trial/training with us. I always felt Gspurning was unfairly thrown under the bus last year for the collapse of the defense (he did great considering he had the disaster Jhon Kennedy in front of him). I prefer him to Frei

Interesting about Hildebrand. I agree with you about Gspurning. I wish he was still with the Sounders. On his worst day, he's much better than Frei.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

• Frei is decent enough to win us the cup this year. Would prefer another keeper next year. Frei just doesn't do it for me.

As for Cooper, he's served his purpose well. He's in the fight for 3rd striker with Barrett and Neagle and has done well when played out of position. He's been key to getting some results this year. I don't think starting the open cup will make or break his sounder career. He'll probably be here next year, and give us the same type of quality.

Rose has impressed since getting back from injury. 5 goals in 4 games I think.
    Man up, stand in line.
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *

• LA dropped two points today. Rose's goal was huge.
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• Sounders are the first team to clinch a playoff spot this season. As frustrating this team has been at times, overall it's been a very good team.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

• hawkfan68 wrote:Sounders are the first team to clinch a playoff spot this season. As frustrating this team has been at times, overall it's been a very good team.

Agree. Just need more consistency at times. There has been a couple of wtf games like the New England and LA games which have been baffling.

I think we are another central defender and a winger away from winning the play offs. Marshall is a beast but the quality drops off after that. Pappa coming back is a boost though. The schedule ahead looks okay before the LA games. Vancouver and Dallas probably being the toughest. We need maximum points right up till the LA games. I want no repeats of Colorado away from last year.
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• The US Open Cup Final is tonight in Philly. No idea if it will be streaming on USSoccer.com or not.

SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• We signed Nigerian defender Onyekachi Apam. I have no idea if he is good but if he is, it may just push us over the championship line since we have needed more depth there.
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• Glasgow Seahawk wrote:We signed Nigerian defender Onyekachi Apam. I have no idea if he is good but if he is, it may just push us over the championship line since we have needed more depth there.

I heard them talk about him on the radio this morning. Apparently he hasn't played much in the past 4 years or so but is former member of the Nigerian national team. Maybe Obafemi Martins put in a good word for him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/official-onyekachi-apam-signs-sounders-213841983.html

I wonder if this means the end of Djimi Traore as a Sounder? He hasn't had much impact this year due to injuries, etc.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

• [url][url][/url][/url]
    hawkfan68 wrote:
    Glasgow Seahawk wrote:We signed Nigerian defender Onyekachi Apam. I have no idea if he is good but if he is, it may just push us over the championship line since we have needed more depth there.

I heard them talk about him on the radio this morning. Apparently he hasn't played much in the past 4 years or so but is former member of the Nigerian national team.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/official-onyekachi-apam-signs-sounders-213841983.html

I wonder if this means the end of Djimi Traore as a Sounder? He hasn't had much impact this year due to injuries, etc.

Honestly, I hope so. He wasn't as bad as Hurtado but for any great things he done in a Sounders jersey, he also made some bone headed mistakes meaning you didn't know which player was going to show up. Apparently MLS is getting a 4th DP next year. Would love to see a quality defender or a left mid come in. Kenny Cooper looks like the players to be sacrificed for the upcoming expansion draft, could maybe see Neagle as well which would sadden me.
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• The signing has littler to no impact on any other players future with the team. If Djimi is out after this year its due to his performance and age...not this signing.

This is a player who hasn't had a club in over 12 months with an injury history leading him to miss the majority of the previous 3 seasons.

It's another one of the Sounders reclamation signings along the lines of Pineda, Rosales and Johnson. I'd be surprised if he see's much of the field this year.

Protect list could look pretty interesting for the expansion draft. Each team gets to protect 11, an a 12th if one was selected. I'm curious what yours looks like if you are worried about them being available for being drafted. Obviously the first 5 are no brainers, Dempsey, Martins, Alonso, Marshall, and Evans...but who are your remaining 6?
    Man up, stand in line.
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *

• Marshall, Gonzalez, Evans, Ozzy, Dempsey, Martins, Barrett, Pineda, Neagle for versatility, Pappa and the way he has been playing lately Rose.

Not fussed about Frei, I think we can get better out there.

Yedlin is gone already.

Scott will stay regardless, I think he would retire if he was re assigned. Not fussed at this point about Anibaba or Traore.

I think Cooper is gone, he can't get in the team at the moment other than as a right mid.

Haven't seen enough for the rest of the squad other than Remick who I would like to keep but i doubt we would need to protect him.

I hope we don't sign a 4th DP till after this draft though.
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• Sigi's starting the JV lineup tonight.

SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• SeatownJay wrote:Sigi's starting the JV lineup tonight.

And they will pay for that decision with a loss.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

• CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
    SeatownJay wrote:Sigi's starting the JV lineup tonight.

They did. Sigi and his stupid tinkering with the lineup each game will cost the Sounders the supporters shield. That doesn't excuse the defense for not showing up to play.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

• hawkfan68 wrote:
    CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
    SeatownJay wrote:Sigi's starting the JV lineup tonight.

They did. Sigi and his stupid tinkering with the lineup each game will cost the Sounders the supporters shield. That doesn't excuse the defense for not showing up to play.

Y'all kidding me right?

That was a good line-up call after going 120 on tuesday. Of our road trip this was the least important of the three games.

Win in Dallas and we come home with a trophy and 3 points out of 6. Not bad for a road trip. In a perfect world I'd like to have gotten a point but it just wasn't in the cards. I applaud Sigi for his line up call.
    Man up, stand in line.
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *

• Glasgow Seahawk wrote:Marshall, Gonzalez, Evans, Ozzy, Dempsey, Martins, Barrett, Pineda, Neagle for versatility, Pappa and the way he has been playing lately Rose.

Not fussed about Frei, I think we can get better out there.

Yedlin is gone already.

Scott will stay regardless, I think he would retire if he was re assigned. Not fussed at this point about Anibaba or Traore.

I think Cooper is gone, he can't get in the team at the moment other than as a right mid.

Haven't seen enough for the rest of the squad other than Remick who I would like to keep but i doubt we would need to protect him.

I hope we don't sign a 4th DP till after this draft though.

You are honestly going to protect a 34 year old Left Back? Why!?

Agree with the call to protect Rose. Rest of your list looks solid.
    Man up, stand in line.
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *

• Obviously I would've loved to come out with a win or a draw in that match, but I'm totally cool with Sigi resting our important guys. The match was pretty unimportant in the big scheme of things as Smurf has pointed out, and I like to see guys like Remick get more experience.

Also, if nothing else, the match just reiterated the point that we have some serious work to do with our defense this offseason.

razgriz737
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:19 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information